Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Addicted to MC since '08

Best Time to Go to Knott's Scary Farm?

Ok, last year I went to Universal's Haloween Haunt. I went on a saturday night in Mid-October and it was suprisingly not very busy.

So... This is going to be my first year going to Knott's, and could someone please tell me when the least crowded days are? I hear Sundays and Early October are best.

Thanks!

Re: Best Time to Go to Knott's Scary Farm?

Fridays and Saturdays tend to be the busiest days. So any other weekday or sunday is better. But if you are going on a friday or saturday its better to go near the beginning of october.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Opening Night!

Always had a question about the time change and how it affects the Haunt. The park closes at 2am on weekend nights, so when the time change falls on a Friday or Saturday, does it stay open for an additional hour? Technically it should because the time goes from 1:59 and back to 1:00, it never reaches 2 until after the change.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i don't think the time change is until November now, so that should have no affect on Haunt.

imho, the best times to go to Haunt are wednesday's and/or thursdays, followed closely by Sunday. just watch out becuase the Sunday before Columbus day always seems to have a population surge since there's no school for most people the next day.

oh and the earlier in the month, the better...typically about 2 weeks into the event the monsters really have they're groove on.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• I'm in it for the fun! :)

I went a few years back ... loved it!!

I am so wanting to go again this year (with a few friends) ... does anyone know if they will have discount tickets available? (I am coming from out of state ... so if they are in the form of coupons .. would someone be able to send me a few?) ... Thanx!

• Rides against injustice

"Burger King" usually has discounts starting up in mid/late September. As far as the best days I agree with Elly about Wednesdays and Thursdays. We had been going on Thursdays every year but last year we did Wednesday and it was awesome. Very few lines and we actually did every maze.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is the full info on the discounts available...

http://micechat.com/forums/news/1033...formation.html

So Knott's expects the least crowds on the lower priced nights, so use it as a guide, which is better, a weekday, or a weekend?

Most folks think the monsters are better earlier in the season, and a bit "worn out" at the end.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks Everyone for the advice! I'll keep this in mind when I purchase my tickets soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Thanks Everyone for the advice! I'll keep this in mind when I purchase my tickets soon.

BAD NEWS #1
    Ok, I was planning to go on Saturday, Sept. 27 with a friend, but it turns out he is going up to Big Bear that weekend. We can only go on Saturdays becuase we have school, and if we went on Sunday we'd be way to tired.

BAD NEWS #2:
    The only other day he can go is Oct. 11 (Saturday) so I think I'll be expecting some medium-large size crowds..correct?

That being said, does anybody have some great tips on how to make the most of your night, and avoid most of the crowds? We ordered the VIP Pre-Scare Dinner buffet to get in 1/2 an hour earlier. I also heard that you should go on the log ride and mine ride first.

One more question: Do the maze lines move quickly? I'm sure the lines will look really long, but do they take really long?

Thank you so much for the help everyone!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    BAD NEWS #1
    Ok, I was planning to go on Saturday, Sept. 27 with a friend, but it turns out he is going up to Big Bear that weekend. We can only go on Saturdays becuase we have school, and if we went on Sunday we'd be way to tired.

BAD NEWS #2:
    The only other day he can go is Oct. 11 (Saturday) so I think I'll be expecting some medium-large size crowds..correct?

That being said, does anybody have some great tips on how to make the most of your night, and avoid most of the crowds? We ordered the VIP Pre-Scare Dinner buffet to get in 1/2 an hour earlier. I also heard that you should go on the log ride and mine ride first.

One more question: Do the maze lines move quickly? I'm sure the lines will look really long, but do they take really long?

Thank you so much for the help everyone!
    bummer about not being able to go the 27th! yes, medium to large crowds on the 11th. i would suggest mine ride first, then log ride, then start hitting up the new mazes as they will most likely be the longest lines. after mine ride i would cut back by silver bullet and do the alien annihilation, then slaughterhouse, then labyrinth, then quarantine, then cornstalker, then over by ghost rider to hit up club blood and asylum, then back up thru ghost town to doll factory, 13 axe murder manor followed by lost vegas and then killer clown kollege

i put LV and KCK at the end of the list becuase they are, in my opinion of course, the weakest mazes at Haunt. in fact, i personally would give up going thru them if i had to choose between those 2 mazes and say The Hanging showl. do make sure you hit up Asylum and 13 Axe Murder Manor as this will most likely be their last year at Haunt, and both of those mazes are Haunt classics.
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    bummer about not being able to go the 27th! yes, medium to large crowds on the 11th. i would suggest mine ride first, then log ride, then start hitting up the new mazes as they will most likely be the longest lines. after mine ride i would cut back by silver bullet and do the alien annihilation, then slaughterhouse, then labyrinth, then quarantine, then cornstalker, then over by ghost rider to hit up club blood and asylum, then back up thru ghost town to doll factory, 13 axe murder manor followed by lost vegas and then killer clown kollege

i put LV and KCK at the end of the list becuase they are, in my opinion of course, the weakest mazes at Haunt. in fact, i personally would give up going thru them if i had to choose between those 2 mazes and say The Hanging showl. do make sure you hit up Asylum and 13 Axe Murder Manor as this will most likely be their last year at Haunt, and both of those mazes are Haunt classics.
    Thank you so much for this great little schedule! I appreciate your help!

Does anybody have any tips they'd used in the past to make the most of the night?

Red Face Re: Best Time to Go to Knott's Scary Farm?

Generally speaking, the maze lines move much faster than the lines for rides, as loading and unloading usually takes up lots of time, while the mazes for the most part usually have a 'continuous flow', so even if you're in line, you'll find yourself slowly walking more than just standing in the same spot for minutes at a time.

Like with Disney, make plans to immediately go to the most popular mazes right at the start before they get overcrowded and then enjoy the shows and rides in the middle of your night, and then hit some busier mazes during the last 2 hours before closing.

Also, check out "Chipper Lowell's" comedy/magic show near the log ride area. He's hysterical and my family loves to catch him whenever he's performing there. (For those who remember Wild Bill's Dinner Theater, he was the comedy headliner on and off for 5-6 years. He was great, but the food was terrible!)

One more thing, the EARLIER SATURDAYS of HAUNT are usually surprisingly good, especially the first two since they're starting in September and people aren't as geared into Halloween as they are later in mid-October. Once you get near the 31st, your next pick is a week-day.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Make sure you guys remember, if you plan to go on a Sunday, the Sunday before Columbus Day is always very crowded.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    Make sure you guys remember, if you plan to go on a Sunday, the Sunday before Columbus Day is always very crowded.
    and yet somehow Dustin and i always end up at Haunt on that night *shakes a fist*

guess it'll be mostly a picture taking/filiming night for us
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)