Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Hard Rock Park closes early, fires most staff, and files Chapter 11 reorganization.

I'm in shock right now, but I suppose it was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamscape.com
    BREAKING NEWS - At about 6:30pm today Hard Rock Park called a mandatory meeting of all the remaining staff and announced to them that the park has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization and as such, will be closing immediately for the rest of the 2008 season...
    However, they are not closing permanently, and will reopen for the 2009 season...... Hopefully.

More at the link.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/hard_rock_park.htm

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Hard Rock Park closes early, fires most staff, and files Chapter 11 reorganizatio

WOW!!!!!

Well, it's certainly not the best time to be a theme-park operator. Had the park REALLY not met expectations THAT much???

• Banned User

Re: Hard Rock Park closes early, fires most staff, and files Chapter 11 reorganizatio

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    WOW!!!!!

Well, it's certainly not the best time to be a theme-park operator. Had the park REALLY not met expectations THAT much???
    It's truly terrible. The park looked so well themed, but it never got the crowds it needed.

• or CBF

I was just coming to post this.

The HRP website has issued a statement:
    We would like to thank the hundreds of thousands of guests from across the country that came to experience Hard Rock Park during our inaugural season and for rating their experience of Hard Rock Park as comparable to the best that the major theme parks have to offer. We would also like to thank the local community in Myrtle Beach for their support in opening the world’s first rock ‘n’ roll theme park.

Regretfully, Hard Rock Park has closed for the remainder of the 2008 season to allow management to focus on restructuring efforts. Following the completion of this process, Hard Rock Park intends to re-open for the 2009 season and we invite everyone back next year to continue the fun.

Hard Rock Park will remain focused on delivering a first class entertainment experience to the hundreds of thousands of visitors who come and enjoy their visit to the Park everyday.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Winter in Oceanside...

I've never even HEARD of Hard Rock Park. Perhaps some advertising would have helped.

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Hard Rock Park ??????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• The line's too long...

Location, location, location... HRP didn't have a good one, and the economy tanking surely didn't help. Not having enough funds in the tank to get through losses the first few years until getting to the black means management didn't pay much attention in business school.

• Pilot EdForceOne

OMG - they must have been headcases running that joint - to not have enough resources to even last your first SEASON???

It's like a resturant that opens and closes 4 days later because they didn't get enough business. Didn't they know typically they need at least 2 years before becoming profitable, etc?

Wow - either their construction costs boomed and they weren't ready for it.. or somebody REALLY screwed up with the piggy bank.

Wow
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I've never even HEARD of Hard Rock Park. Perhaps some advertising would have helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepnLuciferHuntn View Post
    Hard Rock Park ??????
    There was a sticky thread in this very section for almost a year (if not more) tracking the construction of the park.

I always thought the location was going to be an issue with this park. It was built as a resort, not a local park. It's a moderate tourist area, but not really for people outside of the carolina's.

In order to get Theme Park enthusiasts, your going to have to put the park in Orlando, SoCal or the NorthEast. If not, your just going to get a mostly local crowd like the 2 closest parks do (Six Flags Over Georgia and Carowinds) with the occasional out of town visitor.

Of course the lack of a major local airport serving area's outside of the southeast is probably an issue as well. We had looked into going this year but it just didn't happen.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    There was a sticky thread in this very section for almost a year (if not more) tracking the construction of the park.
    Guess it interested me as much then as it interests me now. Which is not much.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I think advertisement is also a huge issue. I live in NY. I have seen commercials for WDW, all of Florida, Bush Gardens in Virgiana, historic Williamsburg. I have not seen any advertising for Hard Rock Park. Maybe they should have invested in that. I mean, it is about a 10 hour drive from NY, by Florida is further and we see commericals for there. People do drive down the coast on vacations. Poor management!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Wow. And I heard they recently added The Banana Splits walk-around characters and were going to re-theme the kiddie area to them and rename it "Splitsville". I was all set to hop in the car and drive up because I loooove the Splits!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Wow. And I heard they recently added The Banana Splits walk-around characters and were going to re-theme the kiddie area to them and rename it "Splitsville". I was all set to hop in the car and drive up because I loooove the Splits!
    You know the splits are back, right? The Banana Splits. They will be on the web, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network. As for the park, I knew this was going to happen for a while. I know somebody that worked on a possibly advertising campiagn for the park but Hard Rock pulled out due to money. I hope that they get there act together and work on this park some more.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^I knew. I saw them on Cartoon Network last week. I was like...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^^I knew. I saw them on Cartoon Network last week. I was like...
    For it is worth, the Splits section of the park was um, okay. lol. They could have done alot better. I like watching the oringals better on Boomerang with the Cinncinnati Coney Island footage and some early Kings Island footage put Six Flags. I believe I met one of the splits at Kings Island a long time ago with Jabberjaw, Fred Flintstones, Hong Phongy, Huckberry Hound, and Captian Caveman.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast