•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Pirates of Emerson-Bay Area Haunt, First Weekend Report

Besides my rather more humble backyard haunt, my town is home to the professional level haunt, Pirates of Emerson, now in it's 17th year. I went down for the first of at least a few visits last night, the second night it was open for the season.

As always, the mazes they feature were very well laid out and decorated, highly themed...this isn't just black walls with people screaming at you. Two mazes were there this year, the main one being the title maze of the attraction....greatly expanded this year, about 2 and half times it's normal space....featuring environments like a spooky manor home, a pirate ship and it's belowdecks areas, and a couple of vortex tunnels. The second maze this year was Haunted Harbor, which melded together elements from previous years (a large swamp scene with rotting shacks, mossy creatures, alligators, waterfalls and the like along with 3-D blacklight painted elements and underwater scenes) to great effect and atmosphere. Sadly, it being a rather slow night, apart from no waits for either maze and getting to enjoy the atmosphere, the actors weren't really on at 100 percent in either maze...I attributed this to being a slow night. I will be visiting at least once and possibly twice more as it gets closer to Halloween, so the energy levels should pick up among the staff. Sadly, no photos are allowed inside the mazes, but here are my shots from around the exterior of the attractions....enjoy and thanks for reading!

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Re: Pirates of Emerson-Bay Area Haunt, First Weekend Report

I've wanted to go to this for years, but never got around to doing it. I live in San Jose, so Fremont isn't too far from me. So my friends and I are doing this for sure this year! Can't wait!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    I've wanted to go to this for years, but never got around to doing it. I live in San Jose, so Fremont isn't too far from me. So my friends and I are doing this for sure this year! Can't wait!
    It is a good time indeed, so hope you get out to see it! Definitely worth the visit.

• My Boss Has No Idea

I went back in '06 when that open air, chain link fence maze with the strobe light was one of the features... that turned me the other way.

It's still good for a local haunt but after experiencing HHN at USH, I'm not urged to go back
    Last edited by JafarFarAway...; 09-29-2008 at 08:51 AM.

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Looks great, as always! I can't wait to make it out for the haunt. I've worked in many haunts over the years and I've only seen pictures of the Pirates of Emerson.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Minion

Pirates of Emerson was the best Haunt we had up there in Fremont. You could go to the Haunted House at the Hub if you'd like though. :P

Looking at the pictures makes me realize how much I miss my home and how much I need to go back. Anyone remember the maze with the neon circles that had people up against the wall in black? After you'd pass by them they'd come off the wall and follow you?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    Pirates of Emerson was the best Haunt we had up there in Fremont. You could go to the Haunted House at the Hub if you'd like though. :P

Looking at the pictures makes me realize how much I miss my home and how much I need to go back. Anyone remember the maze with the neon circles that had people up against the wall in black? After you'd pass by them they'd come off the wall and follow you?
    Emerson is pretty good yes...but no thanks, you can keep the Hub haunted house lol....I don't need the flashlight fairy.