Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Fishbulb's KNOTT'S SCARY FARM MC meet Trip Report

Great and Spooky Trip Report, Fishbulb. The spooks at Knotts, are sure creative.

Just one question. Was this little girl suppose to be anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post

Inferior child, maybe?

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Thank you Norm for setting up the meet. Sandy and I had a rocking time.

It was awesome to hang out with a great group of old and new friends during the night.

It was awesome that we had the mazes done so early, yay Maze Death March!

To the Haunt monsters, you all worked hard and made a awesome night. Thank You!
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Great and Spooky Trip Report, Fishbulb. The spooks at Knotts, are sure creative.

Just one question. Was this little girl suppose to be anything?

Inferior child, maybe?
    that is a lenticular photo, so if you move to an angle the little girls face becomes very zombie-ish...they're great portraits
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

This event was really tons of fun. I would so be down if we did a second night of it even, it was that good. Given we have a good amount of people who'd want to go too. I can't wait for next year and I can hope it'll only be better. The AA's got nothin' on Disney btw. Also Kritter, thanks for the hug!
    Last edited by MousieMagic; 09-30-2008 at 03:36 PM.

It's interesting to see what became of the place that night. I was in the park during the day -- for the first time in twenty-ish years -- and it was a bit lame to see that the regular operations of the park suffer on account of the evening activities.

Knowing now that the event was open that night also explains why the park was completely deserted during the day.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

How does regular operations "suffer" because of Haunt?
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    How does regular operations "suffer" because of Haunt?
    Both Calico Mine Ride and Timber Mountain Log Flume had characters and sets covered with black sheets -- presumably because they were dressed for the Knott's Scary Farm activities. Attractions were closed because the mazes use their queues.

Their operations were lackluster anyway and I can't help but wonder if Knott's reduces staffing during the day. There was a single boat operating on Perilous Plunge and it was dispatching every FIVE minutes. Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder both also had horrible dispatch times, as well.

We had fun at the park, but it was obvious that the Halloween stuff was its bread and butter right now and that our experience was not what they were spending their energy on.
    Last edited by Madison; 09-29-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I went Sunday night, and had a blast (this was the first night for us this year- at least two more planned before Nov. 1)

Other than Quarantine and Labyrinth, I'd agree with most of Fishbulb's opinions.

Myself (and the rest of my party), thought Quarantine was a big, steaming pile of waste. It was more like walking through a stroke recovery ward than a zombie attack. The zombies we encountered weren't even as scary as the pin traders at Disneyland. They just kind of twitched, looking more like Elvis on a bad day than anything horrific. Lots of open space, no attempts at working with cover- claustrophobia is usually something that maze designers work into this kind of theme, and it was completely blown.

Labyrinth - is just Lore of the Vampires, without the vampires, and the soundtrack is Danny Elfman instead of Dead Can Dance. It does LOOK nice, but the talent wasn't doing much of anything on Sunday night- a complaint that was frequently leveled at Lore's crew last year.

Anyway, overall, this year's Haunt is improved from last year, and I can't wait to go back.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

To explain the black sheets on the hillbilly dummies... the log people who set up for haunt are unable to reach them so they cant take the sheet of their heads. lol. The only way to get to them is to crawl under the flume which is very dirty and home to possums and other "things". Im glad to hear you liked pyromaniax. We try really hard. The only excuse people have is there isnt enough props... they expect too much.
    I just realized but Kritter and I are the trophie holders =D
    The attractions trophy is between Log, Mine, and Aliens (due to lasertag)

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Both Calico Mine Ride and Timber Mountain Log Flume had characters and sets covered with black sheets -- presumably because they were dressed for the Knott's Scary Farm activities. Attractions were closed because the mazes use their queues.

Their operations were lackluster anyway and I can't help but wonder if Knott's reduces staffing during the day. There was a single boat operating on Perilous Plunge and it was dispatching every FIVE minutes. Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder both also had horrible dispatch times, as well.

We had fun at the park, but it was obvious that the Halloween stuff was its bread and butter right now and that our experience was not what they were spending their energy on.
    Reduced operations Monday through Friday at Knott's is normal all 12 months of the year, unless we're talking about Summer/Winter vacation times. It's the same at Magic Mountain, as well.

Knott's makes a ton of money from Haunt and they can sacrifice the closing of specific attractions during the day to drive up attendance for Haunt at night.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Awsome report! Can't wait till I go later this month!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Fantastic report! You did a fantastic job with shooting some of the maze pics! Loved it! Thanks so much!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Looked like a ton of fun! Wished I had gone, but I'm not really prepared for that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    Reduced operations Monday through Friday at Knott's is normal all 12 months of the year, unless we're talking about Summer/Winter vacation times. It's the same at Magic Mountain, as well.

Knott's makes a ton of money from Haunt and they can sacrifice the closing of specific attractions during the day to drive up attendance for Haunt at night.
    I was there on Saturday.

I understand that Knott's does what is best for the business, but it's unfortunate that visitors during the day are getting a slightly compromised experience as a result.

I get that Knott's doesn't care particularly what I think and I won't be going back to the park for a long time -- and closed bumper cars had little to do with that decision, but it still stings a little.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Pony Express is a ride where they can only have one train on the track at all times so of course loading time is going to suck. Sierra Sidewinder has always had a loading time problem, too, since people enter and exit in the same station.

I think Knott's has a notice somewhere outside the park during day ops saying that some attractions are either closed or modified for Haunt. It's unfortunate, sure, for the people that come in during the day but Knott's can make the sacrifice since Haunt is their big cash cow.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast