Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: Fishbulb's KNOTT'S SCARY FARM MC meet Trip Report

Great TR as usual Fishbulb! It's nice to see everyone having a ball since I wasn't able to go. Maybe next year!
    --Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    Pony Express is a ride where they can only have one train on the track at all times so of course loading time is going to suck. Sierra Sidewinder has always had a loading time problem, too, since people enter and exit in the same station.

I think Knott's has a notice somewhere outside the park during day ops saying that some attractions are either closed or modified for Haunt. It's unfortunate, sure, for the people that come in during the day but Knott's can make the sacrifice since Haunt is their big cash cow.
    Well, I don't know that the number of trains on the circuit has anything to do with load times. Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder both have odd seating arrangements that don't help things at all, but we described the crews at both rides as "exuberant sloths." There was no hustle to get trains loaded and out the door.

Ghostrider and Jaguar are the two coasters at Knott's that have mid-course block brakes and can run multiple trains on the circuit simultaneously -- and both of those rides were stacking trains at the station, as well. The inefficient operations were not a consequence of ride design.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Well, I don't know that the number of trains on the circuit has anything to do with load times. Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder both have odd seating arrangements that don't help things at all, but we described the crews at both rides as "exuberant sloths." There was no hustle to get trains loaded and out the door.

For what it's worth, the crew running pony express when we rode it a little bit after 11pm seemed to keep things hustling the best they could despite the short ride time and weird loading.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Circle of Ancients

Ride operations has been an issue for YEARS, not just with the new rides with weird loading configurations.

The only crew that was really on the ball last time I was there was the Xcelerator crew. The loading times at Ghostrider and Silver Bullet were beyond ridiculously slow.

• Goofy

the rides at knott are so slow especially perilous plounge when I rode it back in june.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234