• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Universal Horror Nights Hollywood 10/4/08

This will be the first opening weekend for Horror Nights. I will be going on Saturday night and wondering if anyone else is going?
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Re: Universal Horror Nights Hollywood 10/4/08

I bought the frequent fear pass, as long as it's a good as last year I will be there every week!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

We are going on Sunday, 1/2 price and all that. Have a great time on Saturday and take pictures!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ Summer, this thread is about the HHN in Hollywood, not Orlando.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^^ Summer, this thread is about the HHN in Hollywood, not Orlando.
    Woot! I wish I could be there anyway, Hollywood or no.

I really wish they'd do Sundays like the Haunt. I know Sundays are lighter days as far as crowds and I have Columbus Day off the following day. I really wanted to do Universal, but unfortunately Knotts is open on the day I want.

• Charmander!

I should be going some time this month. I was supposed to go this weekend but I am sick
    From what I heard it is supposedly better than past years have been.

• Plastic Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    I really wish they'd do Sundays like the Haunt. I know Sundays are lighter days as far as crowds and I have Columbus Day off the following day. I really wanted to do Universal, but unfortunately Knotts is open on the day I want.
    they do, i have a ticket for the 26th
    We Play Rock and Roll

You're right, it is on Sundays...just not on the one Sunday I do need. Weird. Pity, I keep hearing how much better Universal is, but for whatever reason they only have Sundays for the busier weekends. Are they afraid of not being able to fill the parks all four weekends?

I went both nights this weekend, and it was amazing!! Friday was way busier than last years opening night but still nothing to bad.. however Saturday night was way crowded. From around 9-11pm it seemed everything had at least a 45min wait.

Get there early! The Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze had the longest wait on both nights up to 70mins so I would put that on the top of my list of things to do.. The Terror Tram is longer than before and includes a small maze with leatherface. This was way different on both nights due to the large crowd. Friday night you were able to walk through it all like a normal maze while on Saturday night the entire tour was one huge long line that inched it's way around the area. It was still fun but it took over 30mins to walk through. Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure for me was not as great as last years, but still love the random dancing ending so I'll be back to see it all month long! Even though it's pretty much the same event as last years it is amazing, hopefully next year they will add even more!

My wife and I were lucky to go this past weekend. I say lucky because it only cost us 8 bucks to get in. We got there at 7:30 and to say it was packed is an understatement. Mostly because of security check points but I knew we were in for a rough night when they were announcing that front of the line passes has sold out. Since we really didn’t pay anything we decided to just have some dinner at city walk and with luck we won’t get killed by gang violence. After dinner if the line to get in was better we’ll go, if not, we’ll leave.

So the moment of truth came and there were still huge lines but not as bad as before. So the first thing we did is Bill & Ted. Dumb. It was defiantly better last year. Next was The Simpsons. The line said it was 60 minutes but it was really 45 minutes. Glad I got to see the ride. I have no desire to ever see it again. RIP Back to the Future. Next the tram and this was awful. Something that could have been cool, but was truly an awful experience due to poor planning. It was exactly as Brandon said. You get off the tram and you walk in a very slow line. Normally when you get in a line and you just say to yourself, “Forget it” and leave. But here YOUR STUCK! The sets are very cool, but ruined by long waits and annoying people all around you. The workers were telling people to, “Keep Moving!” when nobody CAN MOVE. LOL what a joke. I think an hour and a half was wasted on that and there was nothing we can do.

After finally getting back we only had time for one maze. According to the signs every maze was at least an hour wait. And since so much time was wasted on the “Terror Tram” we only had time for one. We picked Freddy since it was the closest and had the shortest wait. (60 minutes) And of course it was a great maze as they all are (based on my memory of last year.) At the end of the night we had a good time. Having said that however IF we paid full price I would have been upset. We got in for free and only had to pay 8 bucks for a handling fee. I think I would have asked for a refund if I paid full price. Since we got in later we didn’t expect to see everything but it was the tram the really ruined the night. Hopefully things will get better for them in the weeks to come. That tram really WAS a nightmare. I think removing the leatherface maze will help.

I have to say last years was way better than this years.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead View Post
    So the first thing we did is Bill & Ted. Dumb. It was defiantly better last year.

The workers were telling people to, “Keep Moving!” when nobody CAN MOVE. LOL what a joke.

That tram really WAS a nightmare. I think removing the leatherface maze will help.

I have to say last years was way better than this years.
    The TERROR TRAM: The plot? You stand in line to get out

I always made a point to get there before 7pm and go straight to the tram.

I only saw this year's Bill & Ted on video right now, and it really does look like they could have done better. Last year's looks better already (yet had negative comments probably from Orlando attendees) . I have it on Youtube BTW

Employees telling you to move when there's no where to move... sounds like a DL fireworks shift

I'm disappointed to not hear Universal didn't utilize the parking structure level under Terminator 2:3D. I heard when they originally had this event, they had a maze down there. They could probably even fit 2 mazes, I'm not sure.

Maybe also a Halloween overlay for Terminator. That'd be sweet.

I'm not sure if they did anything with the Animal Actors Stage, but maybe a short version of "Sweeney Todd" would have been a neat treat. Something different from USF's Rocky Horror tribute. Yet something similar to what Knott's had with an American Idol parody show.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park