Knotts Dinosaur Ride Building?

I couldn't find the answer but does anyone know if anything is going 2 be done with the building at Knotts that used 2 have the Dinosaur ride?
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Knotts Dinosaur Ride Building?

Nothing has been announced.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

You can see many of the old sets from the start of the ride in the Club Blood maze now at Halloween Haunt.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

this sort of thread will always bring it up...and i'll be one the to say it

knott's severely needs too add a new dark ride in this wasted space
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Knott's has an identity crisis.

Do they still have the old Ghost Town? I remember back when you could make candles, see the blacksmith, go pioneering for gold, walk through the cemetery, walk in the church, visit a family cabin and hear stories told there by a live actor in costume, etc.

Is any of that still around?

I also remember the now extinct Dinosaur ride. It was corny though, but still fun. When I rode it a few years back, you could see all the wires and what not. Heck, There was even a staff member sitting in clear view on a stool watching as you passed by!!!

• Functional & Decorative

One report I heard is that while Knott's admits they need a dark ride, they feel they can never really put one in because of the endless comparisons to Disney dark rides. While disappointing, I can hardly blame them... look at the bashing Knott's gets here already! Why add fuel to the fire?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Knotts Dinosaur Ride Building?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Knott's has an identity crisis.

Do they still have the old Ghost Town? I remember back when you could make candles, see the blacksmith, go pioneering for gold, walk through the cemetery, walk in the church, visit a family cabin and hear stories told there by a live actor in costume, etc.

Is any of that still around?
    We were there Saturday Night for the Haunt; I haven't been to Knott's in about 10 years...

Of course, everything is re-configured to a scary state, but the old Ghost Town is still there - although practically the entire park is covered with coasters. We had a LOT of discussion on this: I still love the Mine Train Ride, and the log flume, and even like (OK, tolerate...) the 'themed' Ghostrider wooden coaster up at the front of the park at the edge of the Ghost Town. BUT, the theming is completely screwed up everywhere else with the coasters in your sight lines and constantly whizzing overhead...

They had some interesting effects: there was an audio-animatronic skeletal cowboy on an equally deteriorating horse - and BOTH came to life from time to time and bucked and fired bullets; fun. The employees did a great job of scaring the living daylights out of folks all over the park - in "Scare Zones" - with scary noise-makers and rattles; one girl was walking while text messaging a friend, a 'spook' came right up next to her and let loose with this loud clacking noisemaker and I know that this girl messed herself... He caught me laughing, and said, "Like shooting fish in a barrel" and winked at me... hysterical.

I came away missing 'the old Frontierland' even more.
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

I understand not replacing it with another darkride because they feel they can't compare to Disney and because it's not really in too much demand with their demographic, but what I don't understand is still wasting the space. You have a darkride sitting empty and unused. Turn it into a permanent Halloween attraction. Meaning: The ride is still closed 10 months of the year, but instead of having to overlay it for Halloween, you can actually form a gory detailed darkride which doesn't have to be taken down yearly. It could be built specifically for the haunt, creating good scares in the attraction instead of finding where to fit them in.

• The line's too long...

Nobody is expecting Knott's to create a HM or PotC level dark ride, but I find it hard to believe they cannot create a Snoopy dark ride on the level of Snow White or Pooh but fixing some of the obvious flaws in those DL dark rides.
    And if not that, they shouldn't discount the appeal of a cheesy dark ride like Dinosaurs; it's obvious that people miss it.

• Ok time for cocoa

Rumor has it that the Star Trek experience from Las Vegas is coming to that location. We will have to see how true it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Nobody is expecting Knott's to create a HM or PotC level dark ride, but I find it hard to believe they cannot create a Snoopy dark ride on the level of Snow White or Pooh but fixing some of the obvious flaws in those DL dark rides.
    And if not that, they shouldn't discount the appeal of a cheesy dark ride like Dinosaurs; it's obvious that people miss it.
    They probably see it as a hassle having to go through the grind of things just to get permission from the United Features Syndicate to make a Snoopy themed dark ride.

They had some interesting effects: there was an audio-animatronic skeletal cowboy on an equally deteriorating horse - and BOTH came to life from time to time and bucked and fired bullets; fun. The employees did a great job of scaring the living daylights out of folks all over the park - in "Scare Zones" - with scary noise-makers and rattles; one girl was walking while text messaging a friend, a 'spook' came right up next to her and let loose with this loud clacking noisemaker and I know that this girl messed herself... He caught me laughing, and said, "Like shooting fish in a barrel" and winked at me... hysterical.
    how funny Evil queen .

I remember watching the Elvira show in the Charles M. Schulz theatre. Talk about HILARIOUS!! To bad her show is not there anymore .

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Rumor has it that the Star Trek experience from Las Vegas is coming to that location. We will have to see how true it is.
    If that's true, then I'd definately make a couple more visits to the park besides just for the Haunt.

A Halloween-type dark ride would be perfect. They already do overlays for the mine train and log flume. OR, they don't have to stick to just one theme. Every couple years, they could do another theme.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

I am sure they will just put another carnival ride in there.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Aw I loved that ride. Super cheesy. Fun.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*