Thumbs down Queen Mary Shipwreck...DO NOT Waste Your Time/Money

I attended the final discounted preview night this past Sunday. This is the first time I had been to the event in 4 years. Prior to 2005 I attended this event annually, so I am familiar with the product they used to offer. I have read some bad reviews of the event over the past few years from the lack of organization with parking, security, mazes being shortened/less of them and lacking props (that were used to create the fearplex) so I had pretty low expectations. Well I guess they were not low enough. This was the third preview night (while most other haunts do one preview night, not open to the public, and do not charge an admission fee). As urged by the website (arrive by 5:30-6:30) we arrived at 5:45pm to purchase tickets. Out of about 10 windows only ONE was open with a line of about 25 transactions in front of us. We then got into the security line and waited. The security line did not open until 7:30pm, 30 minutes AFTER the event was supposed to be underway. It is horrible customer service to a) not open your security check a few minutes before the event and hold people inside the main gate, b) Not open your 4 hour event on time, and c) not even acknowledge or address your guests in line on the situation. The overall event staff tone made me feel like I was a criminal. From the rude talking down to and condescending tone. It was not a welcoming or enjoyable feeling. The woman spieling to the crowd was totally ghetto. Her grammar and attitude was beyond horrible.

Once in the event at 7:50pm many of the mazes were still not open!! The reviews I had read on the event over the past years about props and themeing being sparse were dead on. In the past your 3D house was one of the best I have ever been in and a few years later I was looking most forward to this house. After about a 5 minute wait we were about to be handed our glasses but were held at the glass distribution for a minute. Less then a hour after your event actually opened you were already recycling just used, non sterilized paper 3D glasses. This is unsanitary and just disgusting. Needless to say we did not go into this house. We check back again a little later and glasses were still being directly recycled.

I won’t go into each house separately as they were all the same. A bunch of random crap thrown together.

A few other issues that did not directly affect me at this point but were still very concerning is that they allow your actors to scare people right at the top or bottom of a dark staircase. I was also very surprised that in 2008 how many of your mazes (if not all of them) are no where near being disabled accessible or compliant to the ADA act of 1990.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS EVENT!!! It really sucked on every level. I have been to many small independent events and large theme park events across the US, this one was hands down the WORST EVER ever. The theme (what little of it) of the mazes made no sense. The costumes and make up were horrible. Almost all “actors” had a Scream type costume on. I felt ripped off paying 19 bucks so please do not spend 34. Go to Universal, Knotts or Six Flags…or even just sit in a dark room and scare yourself, you will be better off.

• Some imagination, huh?

Re: Queen Mary Shipwreck...DO NOT Waste Your Time/Money

I'm sorry you had such a bad time! All the reviews I've been reading haven't been too favorable; they say the best part is the ship, which is there year-round.

Were you writing as a letter to the people of the Queen Mary? You say "your" and stuff:

In the past your 3D house was one of the best I have ever been in and a few years later I was looking most forward to this house.

Unless you were just saying it as in "Oh Queen Mary, you done me wrong."

• no flash photography...

The queen mary has had issues for years. If the people who love the ship as a historic icon (much like some here love DL) had their way there would not be halloween mazes there at all. It cheapens the ship.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Even though my opinion might be a tad biased for obvious reasons, this is the 2nd incredibly bad review I've read about Shipwreck, this year. A friend of mine wrote a bulletin on myspace about how badly organized and under-designed it was and this girl usually has nothing bad to say about anything. If I can find her review, I'll post it on here.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by cromag View Post
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

cameras weren't allowed
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Goofy

not everyone cares about their jobs these days. Im sorry you had a bad time.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

the people in the mazes did the best they could with what they had. The problems came from the lack of material to work with.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Goofy

oh man that really blows.

This event really lives up to its name. Its a total wreck.

Of course I attended the event with an open mind. Trying not to compare it to the greats, Scary Farm and Horror Nights. It was chaotic and unorganized. It really has potential but that will be years from now, if ever.