Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Take Sir Clinks and Lil' Clinks out to the Ballgame (an NLCS Trip Report)

As a thank-you from my wonderful wife (for doing my husbandly duty and taking care of her after surgery) my son and I had the priviledge to go to the NLCS last night and watch the Dodgers kick the crap out of the Phillies.

It was an incredible time. This was my first "Playoff" experience at a game. The only other time I was at a Playoff/World Series game was the "Earthquake" game in San Francisco that never happened. Yes, I was there.

Anyway, onto the pictures:

We made our way to the stadium via the 5 and Stadium way. Traffic wasn't too bad at all.

Goin' to the Dodger Game!!! Sadly because of all the stuff going on in our lives this year, this was our first baseball game of the season.

Somebody's excited

After finding our seats, first stop ... DODGER DOGS!!!

A couple of views from our seats

The "Expanded" press-box was just 2 sections over from us.

Some of the boys came out to sign autographs, others just sitting in the dugout before the game. The player on the far left (sitting down) is Manny Ramirez.

The ceremonial first pitch was thrown out by the 1981 Dodgers Infield consisting of Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes (who now coaches for the Phillies, but got a nice ovation), Ron Cey and Bill Russell). It was a nice treat for the fans. I don't know why I didn't get any pics of it.

Getting ready for the Star Spangled Banner

The first pitch, it was a strike.

It was an odd late-afternoon start for the Dodgers, kind of nice actually. The sun sets on the back-side of the stadium, but still looks awesome.

In the 3rd, the Dodgers already had a big lead.

There was also a little "altercation" during the game, but again, not sure why I didn't take pics.

The NLCS!!

Not sure why Omar is so special.

During God Bless America

Night Falls over Dodger Stadium.

The Dodgers ended up winning 7-2 to edge to within a 2-1 Phillies Advantage in the best of 7. It was such a great night, and totally exhausting for somebody.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Take Sir Clinks and Lil' Clinks out to the Ballgame (an NLCS Trip Report)

How great is that? Pretty great that you and your son got to go to a playoff game together, and your team won. Not taking photos all through the game is understandable, you were having too good a time to "Point and Shoot".

Thanks for showing the photos. They are super!

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

I am so glad you guys had a good time.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Great photos and report. Im envious, I want to go to a playoff game. Glad you got to go. And on a great night for the home team. GO DODGERS!!!
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

•   
    • PHX-DL-PHX repeat PRN

Glad you two had such a great time. Nice father/son outing. I always loved going to a game with my Dad. Great report.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Very cool Gregg, thanks for posting. It's funny when you are at a ballgame, it's so tough to take pictures of important stuff. I LOLed at Omar's big welcome.

Glad you got a big W for the day out with the boys!

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for the nice comments everybody. Let's just hope that they can get a "W" today and Wednesday.

I did get an email that they just released some tickets for tonight and Wednesday. SO tempting. But a 5:22 start time is kinda hard with homework and such.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I'm not a baseball fan but I am a Clinker family fan. I love the picture of clinker boy sleeping, he is such an angel (when sleeping) You have a wonderful wife to get you tickets to something that she knew you would enjoy. Great photos.

•   
    • Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I did get an email that they just released some tickets for tonight and Wednesday. SO tempting. But a 5:22 start time is kinda hard with homework and such.

I bit. I'm not even a big baseball guy but I thought it would be fun to take in a playoff game. Plus I have someone from out of town that I would like to show a good time. Thanks for the TR and the post Clinks!

• Circle of Ancients

Good for you Lara. You'll have an awesome time.

• Bucket List Car

GREAT report! Thanks for sharing. AAhhh, the beautiful Dodger stadium; it's been way toooo long since I've been there.

Go Dodgers!!

• Again! Again! Again!

Glad you guys had such a good time!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping to see your Dodgers against my Rays in the World Series. So best of luck.

• Animation Domination

Great Trip Report, Gregg.
    Man, I haven't been to a Dodgers game in ages.

•   
    • Kerplookee

I thought the baseball season was over? Haven't seen my Giants on tv in weeks.

Thanks for the photo's. Doesn't get more American than Father/Son at a baseball game
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast