• Sock Puppet

do you think the new harry potter land will attract more visitors to Universal?

Do you think the new Harry Potter ride will attract more visitors to Universal than Disney?

• Shablagoo!

Re: do you think the new harry potter land will attract more visitors to Universal?

No. However, I do believe it will attract more people to IOA. People who are going to Orlando will be more likely to take a day to go see it. Perhaps they will skip a day at a Disney park to do so.

• or CBF

Re: do you think the new harry potter land will attract more visitors to Universal?

I think it will bring more people to Universal/IOA. There are MILLIONS of HP fans that will flock to IOA to see this thing.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Quote Originally Posted by caesarboxfan View Post
    I think it will bring more people to Universal/IOA. There are MILLIONS of HP fans that will flock to IOA to see this thing.
    And I am one of them!

There's actually already a Harry Potter Con that's going to be held in Orlando in 2010, most likely there due to the opening of the new land. 2009 is going to be in San Francisco, and it's called Azkatraz. Same people, it'll probably have a different name tho.

• Just this guy......

There will be a big boost to Universal/IOA at the start. But if the rides don't have the quality then the boost will not last past the first few years.

Blog Entries

Fortunately it appears that the rides will be of top level quality. Many of Universal's rides as of late have been as good if not better than what Disney does.

• or CBF

There's also going to be millions of people lining up at IOA Guest Relations because fans seem to think that the Harry Potter land is actually a full theme park.

Blog Entries

I haven't met anyone who thinks that so far. I'm fairly certain that Universal's advertising will do enough to dispel that little myth.

• or CBF

Here's the page for the land on Mugglenet, the #1 Ultimate Harry Potter Site". Note "Theme Park".

MuggleNet | The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park

Plus, they get their info from Jim Hill, so they got this all wrong.

Blog Entries

Do those same people still think the land is going to be a park though or is that just an old news posting that hasn't been updated. I'm fairly certain that Universal is aware of the confusion that intially came out from them calling it a theme park within a theme park. I haven't seen them use that connotation in a long time.