• "I Break Things"

Knott's to honor Vet's again this year.

Info at knotts.com promo runs Vet's Day to Thanksgiving Day. Same as last year, Vet gets in free along with one other person (valid active id, dd214 or VA card required.) and can get 6 other people in for $15 a person.

On a side note I really wish Disney would offer something like this specifically for the men and women who sacrificed a lot to serve this country.

Not sure if DB posted it or not but thought I would in case anyone out there who is a Vet would like to spend a day at Knott's. I have an AP so to me this doesn't do much (other then let in extended family members) but the gesture is nice.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Knott's to honor Vet's again this year.

I posted the info back last week (Nov. 2nd)...

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/mon...otos-tips.html

Info on Knott's Free Admission offerings to the Military, Veterans, Police and Fire and Social Service workers and the Toys for Tots drive.

For years, Knott's has offered a free admission as a Thank You to those in public service, and to guests who bring a Toy for Toys for Tots. Here are the dates and basic rules for 2008, of course, full details can be found at...

www.knotts.com

November 1 - Thanksgiving Day, November 27

Knott's annual tribute to our Military, past and present. Veterans or current serving military personnel plus one guest get in FREE with proper ID presented at Knott's turnstile (DD214, Veterans Administration Hospital ID or Active Military Service ID). Purchase up to six additional tickets for just $15 each.

Thanksgiving Day, November 27 - December 21, 2008

Knott's Annual event honoring Fire & Police Personnel. With proper ID presented at Knott's (employee ID card, paycheck, etc.) fire and police personnel plus one guest can receive free admission. Purchase up to six additional tickets for just $15 each.

Thanksgiving Day, November 27 - December 21, 2008

Free Knott’s Theme Park admission for County Welfare, Human and Public Social Services personnel with valid County photo ID or County pay stub and photo I.D. presented at turnstile. Plus one guest free, and up to 6 additional tickets may be purchased for $15 each.

December 6-7, 13-16, 20-21

Bring a brand new toy valued at $10 or more(not gift wrapped) to donate to Toys for Tots and you'll receive free admission to Knott's.

Note, the Toys for Tots days are very popular, so expect large crowds these three weekends.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• no flash photography...

Knotts gives a lot of free and discounted tickets away. I heard a commercial if you get your toyota serviced at a toyota dealer and spend $69.99 you get two free tickets to knotts. It sounds like they are trying to get people to want to got ot their park.

I just have no desire to got to that park.

I think we have discussed the wholw free for the military aspect before though.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I loved that SeaWorld did this for a couple of years. It meant even more when, before Shamu's show, they asked the military, both retired and active to stand up and the audience applauded them. Made me very proud of my father and hubby. Made me tear up. I'm a wuss.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Knotts gives a lot of free and discounted tickets away. I heard a commercial if you get your toyota serviced at a toyota dealer and spend $69.99 you get two free tickets to knotts. It sounds like they are trying to get people to want to got ot their park.

That would be a Toyota promotion and not a Knott's one.

Maybe Knott's gives the tix to Toyota for free, I don't know, but the hook is to get more business for TOYOTA.

I do know that when Ford has a ticket promotion, the Ford dealers pay for the tix thru their dealer association (ad fund), and then gives them away to customers that pay for a service, or a set of tires.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I loved that SeaWorld did this for a couple of years. It meant even more when, before Shamu's show, they asked the military, both retired and active to stand up and the audience applauded them. Made me very proud of my father and hubby. Made me tear up. I'm a wuss.

When we were at Seaworld last June, they did the same thing.

The applause for the military was louder than for Shamu.

And rightfully so...

My family has visited Knotts during the Salute to Veterans for years, all the way back to 92 or 93. It's a terrific deal, and nice to be surrounded by vets of all ages and eras going back to WWII (there were some back in the early 90s) and Korea.

Now there's a new group, very easy to identify by their young faces and mil-spec haircuts. With an idea of how they feel - the adjustment to civilian society from a war zone can be intensely difficult - it's a great gesture to welcome them in this way.

That said, the standard of service seems down this year. We went yesterday, Veteran's Day, and found two major coasters down for rehab (Xcellerator and Ghostrider) and the others running only one train each, with a decided lack of operational enthusiasm and efficiency (ex: the log ride and Montezuma's).

In the past, the kids have dragged dad on Silver Bullet 4 times running as long as we made it by rope drop. Fifteen minutes past opening, the line was already up to 30+ minutes and by the time we made it through, it looked an hour plus. No fans of lines, we left at noon.

• Banned User

What ever you do, avoid the Toys for Tots offer days. My friends and I went 2 years ago and it was so packed you could not move. A 3 hour wait for Excelerator. We went on 2 rides and said screw this, we left.

• aka the scorpion eater!

That is so true regarding the Toys For Tots days... although when I used to live in Cali years ago we would go and bring stuff on those days and just forget about riding the roller coasters or big rides like Ghostrider, Jaguar, Boomerang, Supreme Scream, or Montezoomas Revenge [the days before Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Sidewinder, and Pony Express ever existed] and just went and did some looking around at the shops and then did some panning for gold or saw some of the shows... Those lines for the rides were atrocious... but hey getting free admission any day is going to cause atrocious lines anywhere.