• formerly PretzelSouls!

Post 11/15/08 - A Very Brief Trip To Six Flags Magic Mountain...

Six Flags Magic Mountain
    November 15, 2008

November 15, 2008
    Six Flags Magic Mountain

Today, 3 friends and I traveled 2 hours to Six Flags Magic Mountain. We arrived at opening, got through security and went into the park.

A picture from the parking lot:

First of all, let me warn the people who have never been to a rollercoaster theme park, aren't big fans of coasters, and just want to try it out: NEVER take your friends advice for a first rollercoaster if you have ever played a prank on them.

I asked..."What is a good starter coaster?" their response was "OH, Viper is one of the best rides in the park! It doesn't even go upside down! Ē

As soon as we reached the top of the lift hill I noticed quite a few loops, and before I could even say anything, we were heading down a steep 171 foot drop. Now, 171 foot drops may not seem that big to you guys, but I am a chicken...,I hate dropping! And looping!

We arrived back at the loading station and the belts were unlocked, I was shaking....I got out of the seat and I was still shaking.

Their plan of revenge did back fire on them though, I actually enjoyed the ride!

At this point, I was really excited for all of the other coasters and had a feeling that I would be ok on most of the other ones.

They really wanted to go on Tatsu, but Mark was still shaking from viper, so Jenny stayed with him because she didnít really want to go either. They took the following pictures, I texted them as we were boarding so they knew which train we were.

Us, going up the hill....

We were in the front row.

That ride is AWESOME. You feel so free on it, a little too free for comfort but itís super fun!

We headed into the backlots, I forgot exactly what it was called.

Jenny and Mark sat out on Riddlers Revenge, we couldnít figure out why....we tried to talk them onto the ride but they went and got something to drink.

Before they left, they were able to catch a picture of us on the ride.
    We were in the front on this one too.

We caught one ride on Gold Rusher before we were rushed out of the park because it was closing due to the fires. It was only 11:45 but we already had to leave!

They passed out comp tickets and everyone exited the park.

We found out that many of the freeways were closed so we had to drive to Bakersfeild to get home. We stopped in Gorman (sp?) at a Carls Jr. to get lunch and drinks and our 2 hour trip home turned into a 5 hour drive back into town.

We got home around 5:00, and went out to dinner later that night.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, from the little bit we were there, there wasnít a lot of time.

I had a great time, and conquered my fears!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Closed Account

Re: 11/15/08 - A Very Brief Trip To Six Flags Magic Mountain...

Glad to hear you had a great time!

So sorry that the park had to close, i guess it was the right thing to do with fires closing basically everything that is around the park

Glad you at least went on Viper and Tatsu(amazing ride), with your free ticket for a future visit, you can work towards X2,Goliath and Deja Vu which are all amazing

• Addicted to MC since '08

Thumbs up Re: 11/15/08 - A Very Brief Trip To Six Flags Magic Mountain...

Awesome! It is such a great thing when you conquer fears, especially that ones that come about from coasters! IMO, Tatsu is one of the most intense rides in the park (behind X2), and it would be very easy to do anything else.

Its a shame the park had to close early, but hey, you got a free ticket to come again! It's almost like you got a day and a half in the park for one ticket when you go next time!

Glad you had fun.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Talking Re: 11/15/08 - A Very Brief Trip To Six Flags Magic Mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220 View Post
    Glad to hear you had a great time!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexinla View Post
    So sorry that the park had to close, i guess it was the right thing to do with fires closing basically everything that is around the park

Glad you at least went on Viper and Tatsu(amazing ride), with your free ticket for a future visit, you can work towards X2,Goliath and Deja Vu which are all amazing
    I'm very glad I was able to ride those two rides as well....I plan to return to the park sometime in December, give it another try! =D

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Awesome! It is such a great thing when you conquer fears, especially that ones that come about from coasters! IMO, Tatsu is one of the most intense rides in the park (behind X2), and it would be very easy to do anything else.

Its a shame the park had to close early, but hey, you got a free ticket to come again! It's almost like you got a day and a half in the park for one ticket when you go next time!

Glad you had fun.

I'm greatly happy that I was able to conquer my fears...I can't agree more that Tatsu is intense....very intense but now I feel that the other rides are 'doable.'
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome that you had a fun time on the coasters. IMO, you probably rode two of the scariest coasters in the park in Tatsu and Riddlers. I think the only two that are more scary than those would be X2 and Deja Vu.

• Sock Puppet

Short, but sweet!

Nice pictures. It's so great to actually read a POSITIVE review for once about Magic Mountain. Makes me want to make a visit again.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    Nice pictures. It's so great to actually read a POSITIVE review for once about Magic Mountain. Makes me want to make a visit again.
    Ha I know right. Im glad you had fun and tried new rides, even intense Tatsu. I definately think you can handle almost all the rides now.

• Dreams do come true

I'm so glad you made it on some big coasters! I've been looking forward to this report, to bad about the short trip. You must go on X2 next time since you are now a roller coaster pro.

• Functional & Decorative

I concur that it's nice to hear that someone else here enjoys Magic Mountain, and doesn't just bash it for not being up to Disney standards. Thrill riders have their own standards, and the improving Magic Mountain is meeting them well, and the future is looking brighter!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?