New updates at Universal Singapore

It's been quite some time, but there's some major news.

First, pictures of the "Revenge of the Mummy" ride construction can be found on the official website itself.
    Singapore | e-News Bulletins - RWS Quarterly Update - Issue 06 | Resorts World at Sentosa

2ndly, in the webcast on the same page, some interesting tibits :

- the dueling coasters are theme to Battlestar Galactica
    - one is more intense with inversions and loops, the other more 'mild' with drops and bends.
    - The coasters are in the 'Sci-Fi City' area of the theme park. (together with transformers ?)
    - Family friendly rides in all areas of the part, like a Jeep ride thru egyptian ruins, etc

Looks to be exciting.
    Last edited by samshio; 12-01-2008 at 05:21 PM.

Re: New updates at Universal Singapore

Blog Entries

Although theming it to battlestar galactica seems a bit strange I do like the idea about the two different experience tracks. I'd love to do Dueling Dragons, but inversions can really bother me. I really wish one of the tracks was a much milder experience. I'd like to see that happen more often with thrill rides. I can finally enjoy Mission Space in Epcot due to them implementing that idea as well.

• The Voice of the Jungle

I had an idea about a dueling ride for a battlestar themed ride, similar to spiderman, so it'll be interesting to see how this one turns out!

I would like to share some information from my coworker’s friend whose job has something to do with Resorts World Sentosa project. I spoke to this person and getting some interesting information as well as seeing a sheet of facts with a few blurry concept arts on the sheet. Sorry I can’t post it here.

Okay, from what I heard and saw, if everything goes as planned, this could possibly one of the best theme parks that I’ve ever seen. Surely it doesn’t have Harry Potter Land, but what it has (planned) is very detailed and lavished themed. The Egypt Land and The Lost World will mostly likely be the 2 most lavished themed lands. The entire Revenge of the Mummy building (from what I saw) is almost twice the sizes of the one from Orlando. The ride is also said to be a much bigger and better version than Orlando’s. The mummy building actually will contain 2 rides. One of course will be Revenge of the mummy, and the other listed on the fact sheet is called a “jeep ride” that I have no idea what it is. But from the hourly capacity of 800 people, I am guessing it is a family ride of some sort. Besides the ride, the entire land is themed after Egypt artifacts and with loads of ancient stuff such as old boats on the shore. From the concept arts, the entrance stands a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) statue of Anubis. The statue is only the upper half of the body because it is too big to build a full body one I guess. I didn’t see the statue from the model picture on screamscape.com, so I am not sure if everything drew will eventually be made.

The Lost World Land is the land that interests me most. I’ve been to sentosa island once, and boy was that place remind me of the environment in the movie of the Jurassic Park. Lavish tropical jungle with trees all over the place. It fits sentosa so perfectly and will definitely be the best Jurassic Park Land of all universal theme parks. The land has a river rapid ride as everyone knows that will utilize the same technology used on Popeye ride at IOA. The jungle that it will pass through is just so lavish that one would wonder if he/she is really in the lost world of dinos. There is another thing on the fact sheet that is called Jurassic Round Ride with the hourly capacity of 350 people. From the number this is going to be a kiddie ride. And also I’ve heard there will be a lavish themed area where you could watch dinos roaming in an open savannah. That is what I heard from the guy and take it with what it is. While the sci-fi city may be the most popular land of the park, Egypt and the lost world will be the crown jewels in terms of themeing if you ask me. That is, again, if everything go as planned.

I didn’t heard or see any information of Sci-fi city so I’ll skip that land. There is one more land that I want share with everybody. It is called “Far Far Away Land”. And you guess right, it is named after the shrek movie. It is actually more like a DreamWorks animation land. The two star attractions here are Shrek 4D show and Journey to Madagascar ride. Universal will built a Shrek castle which is the first of its kind that will consists of shrek 4d shows and other stuff from shrek movies such as meet & greet. I am thinking “the first” means that will be a more lavishly themed castle than what you see from Universal Hollywood. Because I remember Universal call that building a “castle” too. Journey to Madagascar is probably the most interesting for us here casue it is a completely new ride. While I have no idea what type of the ride (dark or open space) it is, the fact sheet does show the hourly capacity of 3000 people. As far as I know, the Jurassic park River Adventure of all Universal Parks has the similar hour capacity. So go figure what that might be. The description from the official document about the ride states “take a boat ride through the jungles of Madagascar, where dancing lemurs try to sacrifice you to an erupting volcano.” This land is also rumored to be expand in the future to allow more dreamworks characters in. I was told they are thinking an attraction of Kung Fu Panda in the future. Kung Fu Panda has grossed 631 million dollars world wide this summer. It’s not hard to figure out why they are making some proposals for the panda. But if anything is a deal, it will be long beyond opening date I supposed.

There is few other information I would like share, but nothing major. The WaterWorld show will be updated and has some Oriental pirate theme. The E.T. ride will be completely brain new with much better visual effects. It will be so charming that Universal expects it be the crowd favorite. I don’t know any details but I am definitely looking forward to see a new version of this classic ride. There will be a movie making attraction with a standing that could allow 180 people a time. I don’t know weather they will go for a pre-exist one like twisters/backdraft, or they will use the new movie. I am guessing it will be new, but I have no idea what movie it will be. There is also a production show in a “Hollywood Theater” which could seat 1500 people at a time. I might be some Broadway musical. I think it could also be the rumored “BollyWood” musical show since there are so many Indian in Singapore. They are very familiar with Bollywood movie.

One particular land that I don’t see any major attraction is New York. So there is still surprise waiting for this promising park. I can’t wait this park to open. It will easily be a masterpiece of the industry if Universal has the ambitions and dedications.
    Last edited by Ringu; 12-03-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Does this park also have a monorail?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringu View Post
    I would like to share some information from my coworker’s friend whose job has something to do with Resorts World Sentosa project. I spoke to this person and getting some interesting information as well as seeing a sheet of facts with a few blurry concept arts on the sheet. Sorry I can’t post it here.

Okay, from what I heard and saw, if everything goes as planned, this could possibly one of the best theme parks that I’ve ever seen. Surely it doesn’t have Harry Potter Land, but what it has (planned) is very detailed and lavished themed. The Egypt Land and The Lost World will mostly likely be the 2 most lavished themed lands. The entire Revenge of the Mummy building (from what I saw) is almost twice the sizes of the one from Orlando. The ride is also said to be a much bigger and better version than Orlando’s. The mummy building actually will contain 2 rides. One of course will be Revenge of the mummy, and the other listed on the fact sheet is called a “jeep ride” that I have no idea what it is. But from the hourly capacity of 800 people, I am guessing it is a family ride of some sort. Besides the ride, the entire land is themed after Egypt artifacts and with loads of ancient stuff such as old boats on the shore. From the concept arts, the entrance stands a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) statue of Anubis. The statue is only the upper half of the body because it is too big to build a full body one I guess. I didn’t see the statue from the model picture on screamscape.com, so I am not sure if everything drew will eventually be made.

The Lost World Land is the land that interests me most. I’ve been to sentosa island once, and boy was that place remind me of the environment in the movie of the Jurassic Park. Lavish tropical jungle with trees all over the place. It fits sentosa so perfectly and will definitely be the best Jurassic Park Land of all universal theme parks. The land has a river rapid ride as everyone knows that will utilize the same technology used on Popeye ride at IOA. The jungle that it will pass through is just so lavish that one would wonder if he/she is really in the lost world of dinos. There is another thing on the fact sheet that is called Jurassic Round Ride with the hourly capacity of 350 people. From the number this is going to be a kiddie ride. And also I’ve heard there will be a lavish themed area where you could watch dinos roaming in an open savannah. That is what I heard from the guy and take it with what it is. While the sci-fi city may be the most popular land of the park, Egypt and the lost world will be the crown jewels in terms of themeing if you ask me. That is, again, if everything go as planned.

I didn’t heard or see any information of Sci-fi city so I’ll skip that land. There is one more land that I want share with everybody. It is called “Far Far Away Land”. And you guess right, it is named after the shrek movie. It is actually more like a DreamWorks animation land. The two star attractions here are Shrek 4D show and Journey to Madagascar ride. Universal will built a Shrek castle which is the first of its kind that will consists of shrek 4d shows and other stuff from shrek movies such as meet & greet. I am thinking “the first” means that will be a more lavishly themed castle than what you see from Universal Hollywood. Because I remember Universal call that building a “castle” too. Journey to Madagascar is probably the most interesting for us here casue it is a completely new ride. While I have no idea what type of the ride (dark or open space) it is, the fact sheet does show the hourly capacity of 3000 people. As far as I know, the Jurassic park River Adventure of all Universal Parks has the similar hour capacity. So go figure what that might be. The description from the official document about the ride states “take a boat ride through the jungles of Madagascar, where dancing lemurs try to sacrifice you to an erupting volcano.” This land is also rumored to be expand in the future to allow more dreamworks characters in. I was told they are thinking an attraction of Kung Fu Panda in the future. Kung Fu Panda has grossed 631 million dollars world wide this summer. It’s not hard to figure out why they are making some proposals for the panda. But if anything is a deal, it will be long beyond opening date I supposed.

There is few other information I would like share, but nothing major. The WaterWorld show will be updated and has some Oriental pirate theme. The E.T. ride will be completely brain new with much better visual effects. It will be so charming that Universal expects it be the crowd favorite. I don’t know any details but I am definitely looking forward to see a new version of this classic ride. There will be a movie making attraction with a standing that could allow 180 people a time. I don’t know weather they will go for a pre-exist one like twisters/backdraft, or they will use the new movie. I am guessing it will be new, but I have no idea what movie it will be. There is also a production show in a “Hollywood Theater” which could seat 1500 people at a time. I might be some Broadway musical. I think it could also be the rumored “BollyWood” musical show since there are so many Indian in Singapore. They are very familiar with Bollywood movie.

One particular land that I don’t see any major attraction is New York. So there is still surprise waiting for this promising park. I can’t wait this park to open. It will easily be a masterpiece of the industry if Universal has the ambitions and dedications.

Wow ! Thanks for the update.

BTW, the park is owned by Genting not Universal. Universal is a non-equity partner.

But let's hope all the above is true.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
    Does this park also have a monorail?
    No. There used to be a monorail on sentosa island, but it's gone now.

There is a 'Sentosa Express' light rail transport that brings you from the mainland to resorts world.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Wow! The webcast was really informative. I really want to check out Sci-Fi land as I am a HUGE fan of sci-fi! Battlestar Galactica battling coasters sounds awesome... just awesome.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.