Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Knotts - Room to add another park?

Do they have any more room for another park? anyone know?

• or CBF

re: Knotts - Room to add another park?

No.

Knott's is built in a residential area, as you can see here in this aerial view:

Web browser and Live Maps are incompatible

There's no room for expansion in it's current state. That's why Cedar Fair (the company who owns Knott's) thinks it's okay to cram a roller coaster into every little nook and cranny of the park.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Re: Knotts - Room to add another park?

How much room does Soak city take up? Is it even proffitable? To bad they can't tear that down and expand thier park. (I know there is a main road that divides them but still.....)

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caesarboxfan View Post
    No.

There's no room for expansion in it's current state. That's why Cedar Fair (the company who owns Knott's) thinks it's okay to cram a roller coaster into every little nook and cranny of the park.
    Just call me an old fuddy-duddy. Maybe I am one in some ways. Let's just say I liked KBF better when it was still owned and run by the Knott family. It was a better park then, IMHO.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• or CBF

Hey, I agree Barry, just as much as the other Cedar Fair bashing threads on MC.

Knott's just isn't the same anymore. The charm that it once had is no longer present.

To answer the Soak City question: There's one big obstacle blocking the expansion of the park into Soak City and that's Beach Blvd. I don't see any safe way that they could transport a high volume of guests along this busy street that is the main artery into the park.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• C4C6C

Hey, I agree Barry, just as much as the other Cedar Fair bashing threads on MC.

I don't see any safe way that they could transport a high volume of guests along this busy street that is the main artery into the park.
    Knotts is becoming like MM.....sorry had to throw that in here. And yes I know, KBF and MM are not DL. Thank you.

KBF could go over Beach Bl with a nicely themed bridge. Heck, Busch Gardens in Van Nuys, when it was open, had a bridge go over the railroad tracks.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post

KBF could go over Beach Bl with a nicely themed bridge. Heck, Busch Gardens in Van Nuys, when it was open, had a bridge go over the railroad tracks.
    Somewhat similar to the way they put DTD over West Street/Disneyland Drive...Granted, Beach Blvd. is a much wider thoroughfare.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

The only way to expand would be very expensive. Turn the overflow lots which circle the park into offices, turn the major parking lot into a structure, and build a new hotel in the major lot as well. They would then be able to expand beyond Ghostrider/Bigfoot Rapids. But it's never going to happen.

• Ok time for cocoa

Sure, move the maintenance buildings across the street to the employee parking lot. Move all the marketing/purchasing to the three store building on Stanton. But then it comes down to: what to do with the warehouse?

Of course all this moving around cost money and does not add a cent to the bottom line. Just clears room for the next coaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Sock Puppet

No nothing wont be added to expand Knott's. I work there and I have been working there at knott's since Knott's Bear-y Tales was around.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Also if they moved some of the warehouses and stuff... where will they hold mazes for Haunt? Asylum was fun in that warehouse on the side... just the walk alone to the Asylum and Club Blood was creepy... if they ever get rid of those warehouses they lose a valuable location for 2 mazes!

Leave it as is and stop ruining Knotts... there may not be more room for Roller Coasters but when I play Roller Coaster Tycoon I know one thing or two... Roller Coasters are fun, but the thrills come in the theme around it and the other rides added in between them... Cedar Fair needs to stop building only coasters and cramming 10 billion roller coasters into that park that tiny size! I love the roller coasters [Xcelerator fits fine and was better than windjammer and more thrilling than soap box derby but if you are gong to take out a family ride, replace a family ride or experience somewhere else] and Xcelerator isnt too bad looking.

The one I have a qualm with is Silver Bullet... as fun as the ride is and as much as its my favorite... they took away the Indian Village, the area of the park that complimented Ghost Town for the cowboys and Indians aspect... they gave it a bright red color to the track so it stands out as a big red and orange mess of steel and doesnt even attempt to blend in with the surroundings... they surrounded a blank area of concrete around it and it feels like a stale parking lot was built around the roller coaster with a lack of greenery or anything that used to be there!

Knotts is fun for its roller coasters and extreme rides [minus supreme scream because thats way too intense for me.. I did it once and I said never again... lol] but there comes a point to where you pave paradise and put up a parking lot... and seriously... Cedar fair took out things like the haunted shack, the Walter K Knott Steamboat, Whirlpool [a ride that was actually fun inside a building and fit the boardwalk theme], Kingdom of the Dinosaurs [an empty shell of a building now], and The cave around the darker dip in the Timber Mountain Log Ride [when we went on Pyromaniax you could see the bottom of the drop and the cave rocks that used to be surrounding it was now missing]
    Last edited by tamasurvivor; 12-12-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    and The cave around the darker dip in the Timber Mountain Log Ride [when we went on Pyromaniax you could see the bottom of the drop and the cave rocks that used to be surrounding it was now missing]
    I think that might have been because they changed the lights for pyromaniax. Since its over they most likely made it darker but i havnt been back since haunt ended so maybe someone can update this. I dont remember much down there..its just a big reservoir

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I think that might have been because they changed the lights for pyromaniax. Since its over they most likely made it darker but i havnt been back since haunt ended so maybe someone can update this. I dont remember much down there..its just a big reservoir
    it was always my understanding that there was cave rocks there and that at the bottom of the drop it was still a part of the cave but I read somewhere that they had to remove a bit of the cave rocks at the bottom of the drop when they refurbished the log ride to fix up the mountain! What it sounded like from what I heard somewhere was that they had to remove some of the rockwork and stuff at the bottom of that drop to get to some place to fix up the rest of the mountain and then just never replaced the rockwork/cave at the bottom of the drop or moved some props that used to be there in the next room.... Its kinda sad because from what it looked like its like missing some theming that used to be there at the bottom of the drop! Although as you said... for Haunt it could have been the suspension of disbelief!

And it was pretty easy to tell the difference because even in darkness... you can tell its all hollow at the bottom now by the sound the water makes in a more open area as compared to a more closed in hallway type of sound the splash used to make!

• Sock Puppet

Kingdom of the Dinosaurs [an empty shell of a building now][/quote]

Yeah everyting was cleared. I saw myself when I went with a work crew. KOTD was'nt an all that great ride. it was good but Knott's Bear-y Tales was a much better ride. Bear-y Tales was like my home all the way till the end. I was a worker in there and worked with my family in the ride. I sat in there watching guests all the time with my frog pals in the frog forrest. I even was in the halloween haunt Knott's scary Tales(wasnt a really scary overlay for the ride i find a bit funny acctually).I have the figures of wanda,many of the frogs,crafty,boysen,girlsen,zaz,elder,flapper,raz, madame wong,one of the Beary brothers,thelma,and another crafty figure (i saved from the garbage).These figures were the ones and copies of the characters that didnt make it into the playhouse in camp snoopy.I remember it being like a fast time for us to remove everything out of the ride to convert it into an inferior but an ok dinosaur ride. I had a blast working there.

Right now.I'm going to go share some boysen berry pie for crafty now and myself.

• Goofy

No.

Knott's is built in a residential area, as you can see here in this aerial view:

Web browser and Live Maps are incompatible

unless knott's goes to the city council and proposes to buy that residential area.

I really wish knott's would add another park. it would be great but this time build some rides based on charlie brown characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast