Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The line's too long...

Re: KBF supposedly closed today (Dec. 15)

Okay, riddle me this... if Knott's has over 300 guests in the park and it rains, does management still shut down the place with no compensation to guests for the lost day? If they keep the park open when there is over 300 guests, then guests on days with less than 300 people in the park are being monetarily punished for the poor job Knott's does in marketing and attracting customers to the park on a day it rains. And weather can be quite unpredictable, raining on days when it's not called for in the "forecast."

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Okay, riddle me this... if Knott's has over 300 guests in the park and it rains, does management still shut down the place with no compensation to guests for the lost day? If they keep the park open when there is over 300 guests, then guests on days with less than 300 people in the park are being monetarily punished for the poor job Knott's does in marketing and attracting customers to the park on a day it rains. And weather can be quite unpredictable, raining on days when it's not called for in the "forecast."
    While it may be technically in the policy that there are no refunds, I'm sure something can usually be done for the victims of a park closure. Be it a free return trip, or something else (up to and including a refund on a case by case basis). I'm pretty sure that's how it's handled at LEGOLAND for anyone who is already in when the park is closed.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    300 is not a set number. The poster only used that number in his post. Knotts new it was going to rain yesterday all day so therefore they shut the park down. They know through past history and attendance figures that no one is going to show up.

Now, if it starts raining sometime during the operating day, they probably analyze what they have to do. We did the same thing at USH when I worked there. If the forecasts say it will stop soon, then you keep the park open.

At least today, they had it posted on the website before 10am that they wouldn't open, avoiding any angry guests.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    LEGOLAND closed today too. There should be a weather warning on all tickets.

Um, they don't need a weather warning on the tickets because, like every other theme park, all tickets, websites, and advertisements state (in fine print) that "All Hours are Subject to CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE". There's your warning.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    Um, they don't need a weather warning on the tickets because, like every other theme park, all tickets, websites, and advertisements state (in fine print) that "All Hours are Subject to CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE". There's your warning.
    Exactly, no signs are needed.

• Circle of Ancients

Why aren't they open today??? It's not raining.

Oh wait, it's Knott's and it rained this week.

• C4C6C

Web site says they are open.

Blog Entries

Well, I am supposed to be going tomorrow! I hope it is open and not too crazy!

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    I was talking about LEGOLAND's tickets. There actually is a warning on them, but I hadn't seen a ticket in a while so that's why I said "should"

I agree that everyone ought to know that hours are subject to change. That being said, in most cases Guest Services is willing to accomodate at least a return visit (as long as the hours cut were significant i.e. only being open from 10am-12pm.) If not I wouldn't argue with any park simply telling people they were SOL... but that's just me.

Considering Cedar Fair refuses to run several rides with magnetic braking in the rain after their incident with Magnum, it's clear that lawyers and silly management are to blame.

Considering Knott's... I wouldn't be surprised at all if they kicked out paying guests after 2 hours, with nothing offered to come back (hey, FREE returning guests guys! Guys?).

I worked for Cedar Point in the mid 1970's. Believe it or not, the policy concerning rain was the opposite it is now. All rides remained in operation with the exception of the coasters (there were only four then). The coasters closed due to issues with the braking systems of the era. It took a storm of neat tornado strength for them to shutter the park.
    From what I've been told from people who were there, there was a really bad storm that hit the Point one July back in the 1980's and there were patrons injured from flying tree branches, and a close call on the railroad that involved a large tree blown down across the track.
    After that they did a 180 on their foul weather operating policy, which was adopted on a corporate level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12