•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Knott's tips for Friday the 9th?

I will be taking a side trip to Knott's this day on a larger DL trip. First time I've been in years not during Haunt.

Any advice? How should the crowds be, will the canned food drive make insane amounts of people likely? I am mainly interested in the historical stuff and seeing the current ghost town, the mine ride, and the like, as well as the non-coaster rides..planning basically on spending the morning from opening to 1 or 2 or so, and back to Disneyland. Any info and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• I'll pencil this in later

Re: Knott's tips for Friday the 9th?

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    I will be taking a side trip to Knott's this day on a larger DL trip. First time I've been in years not during Haunt.

Any advice? How should the crowds be, will the canned food drive make insane amounts of people likely? I am mainly interested in the historical stuff and seeing the current ghost town, the mine ride, and the like, as well as the non-coaster rides..planning basically on spending the morning from opening to 1 or 2 or so, and back to Disneyland. Any info and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    If it's anything like the toy drive was...YES.
    I went during the toy drive, and it was insane. An hour wait in line just to get in, then packed inside. Plus kids are winter break, so be prepared for crowds.

• aka the scorpion eater!

That was the same question I had... so I take it my gut instinct of it being insanely crowded is probably right?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If you are like me and only interested in the Mine train, log ride, ghost town, the Birdcage Theater and the Charles Shultz Theater - the crowds don't matter much. Go there at opening, that's my only advice and go on the rides you think may be crowded like Pony Express.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If you are like me and only interested in the Mine train, log ride, ghost town, the Birdcage Theater and the Charles Shultz Theater - the crowds don't matter much. Go there at opening, that's my only advice and go on the rides you think may be crowded like Pony Express.
    Good call Aashee, and yes, that's pretty much all we are interested in...the classic stuff and lunch, and then back to the big D. Thanks for the advice!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Good call Aashee, and yes, that's pretty much all we are interested in...the classic stuff and lunch, and then back to the big D. Thanks for the advice!
    My pleasure pal. Make it to a meet on Sunday on of these days. You'll certainly be welcomed.