Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• revolutionary waltz

Re: My salvaged Knotts and Asian Culture Birthday trip [it needed more Disney]

It's so odd seeing Diamond Plaza in a trip report, since it's such a local hang out for me and my friends. Looks like you had lots of fun though! : D

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    It's so odd seeing Diamond Plaza in a trip report, since it's such a local hang out for me and my friends. Looks like you had lots of fun though! : D
    Well Phoenix might be a big city as far as size goes but its cowboy country with a lot of Mexican and Sonoran desert/Southwest influence so just like Rowland Heights is with lots of different types of Asian food, awesome dessert places, and Boba Cafes... Phoenix in itself has lots of locally run places for different types of Mexican food [with some regional types of mexican food I didnt even know existed]

All cultural food is good and tasty but I would prefer the different styles of Asian cooking and many places to choose from in the Diamond Plaza or any of the nearby places around there over the different variations of Mexican food we have out here... Mexican food is good but Japanese, Thai, Chinese, and Korean food are better.

And since we dont have as many good places aside from the many Sushi Bars and the few good Chinese Restaurants we eat at... the Diamond plaza was really a trip in itself.

not to mention we didnt get our first Pop'n Music machine here in Arizona until a few months ago... that and Arcade Infinity has always been known as a Bemani Paradise... its one of the few arcades that has a rare collection of games and one of the few in the US to have IIDX 15 Dj Troopers not to mention we heard rumors of IIDX 16 Empress going in there soon... consider yourself lucky to have that as a local hangout... we just have IIDX 14 Gold out here and would have to import CS releases of IIDX to play stuff from anything higher than IIDX Gold.

• revolutionary waltz

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    Well Phoenix might be a big city as far as size goes but its cowboy country with a lot of Mexican and Sonoran desert/Southwest influence so just like Rowland Heights is with lots of different types of Asian food, awesome dessert places, and Boba Cafes... Phoenix in itself has lots of locally run places for different types of Mexican food [with some regional types of mexican food I didnt even know existed]

All cultural food is good and tasty but I would prefer the different styles of Asian cooking and many places to choose from in the Diamond Plaza or any of the nearby places around there over the different variations of Mexican food we have out here... Mexican food is good but Japanese, Thai, Chinese, and Korean food are better.

And since we dont have as many good places aside from the many Sushi Bars and the few good Chinese Restaurants we eat at... the Diamond plaza was really a trip in itself.

not to mention we didnt get our first Pop'n Music machine here in Arizona until a few months ago... that and Arcade Infinity has always been known as a Bemani Paradise... its one of the few arcades that has a rare collection of games and one of the few in the US to have IIDX 15 Dj Troopers not to mention we heard rumors of IIDX 16 Empress going in there soon... consider yourself lucky to have that as a local hangout... we just have IIDX 14 Gold out here and would have to import CS releases of IIDX to play stuff from anything higher than IIDX Gold.
    Haha, oh no, I totally understand why you did part of your trip report on it, it really is an amazing place. It's just one of those times where you see something and go, "Wow, it's 15 minutes away from my house. I really do take it for granted, don't I?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12