View Poll Results: which would you pick?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Royal Caribbean

13 76.47%
  • Carnival

1 5.88%
  • Princess

2 11.76%
  • NCL

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• out & about

Royal Caribbean vs. Other Cruise Lines

So my friends and I are planning a vacation. We want to go on a cruise. We decided that the time that works best for everyone is may 3 - may 10. So, a 7 day mexican riviera cruise seems to be the most practical. So now we're having a debate over which cruise line to pick. We all have had previous cruising experience on 3 separate lines (disney, royal caribbean and carnival) and while our general consensus says we should go on royal caribbean i thought id get your feedback first. what have you done? what have you liked? disliked? do's and don'ts? thanks.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Other Cruise Lines

There's only one cruise ship line where you've got some Royal Caribbean coming. So, that's the one I chose. Disney cruise ships would have trumped RC if you would have included it in the poll. Why did you leave it out. The 4-D theaters Disney is getting ready to Imagineer for them will be a blast ..making the overall experince a much bigger SPLASH!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• World Traveler

Each of the cruise lines you've named have different atmospheres and while I would like one, you might like another.

Royal Caribbean is the most diverse and has the most for everyone. Depending on what ship you sail on, you might get ice skating, a promenade, etc.

NCL touts itself as being a "Freestyle" cruise line, which means that you;ll have to make dinner reservations every day. It has a very relaxed atmosphere.

Carnival wants to please everyone, but personally I think is more for a younger crowd. The larger Carnival ships are better than the smaller ships in my opinion.

Princess has a more country club type feel and the guests on board will be somewhat older.

Personally, I'd choose between Princess and RCI, depending on price and cabin category.

Let us know what you decide!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I have been on Disney, Royal Carribean, and Carnival.
    Out of all, I will honestly say Disney was the best. But that was not in the choice.

Between Royal Carribean and Carnival, they each had their pros and cons.
    Royal Carribeans food trumped Carnivals. It was just better.
    Royal Carribean was great when I was single. There was a lot to do and something for everyone is a correct statement. We had a great time, great activities. It was a lot of fun.
    Carnival is more geared to young kids and families- which I now have. They have great family events.It seems a bit more layed back than than Royal Carribean. Less formal.

Seeing that you are traveling with friends, I would suggest Royal Carribean

Also, I have never been on Princess, but know people who have and it is geared toward a more senior crowd. Not knowing your age, I would guess that is not what you are looking for.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    There's only one cruise ship line where you've got some Royal Caribbean coming. So, that's the one I chose. Disney cruise ships would have trumped RC if you would have included it in the poll. Why did you leave it out. The 4-D theaters Disney is getting ready to Imagineer for them will be a blast ..making the overall experince a much bigger SPLASH!
    Does Disney do a Mexican Riviera cruise?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Thanks for this thread. My husband and I are hoping to do our honeymoon cruise this summer. We chose Royal Caribbean because it has less than of a party reputation than Carnival has. I have heard too that Princess is for older folks. We didn't even consider NCL!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm a big fan of doing what I want when I want so we go NCL. Princess was very good as well. Carnival was the only one I wouldn't recommend.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I LOVE Princess. I just got back from a Carribean cruise on Princess and I think it was 2006 or 2007 that I went on a Alaska cruise. The service on Princess is excellent!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Does Disney do a Mexican Riviera cruise?
    The question related to the best cruise line, not the destination.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I've been on RCL, NCL, Princess and Carnival. My NCL experience was before freestyle cruising on the Norway, which was a totally different type of experience. Princess is definitely more of an older group of passengers. Carnival, as was said, is more of a party type atmosphere. I've been on Royal Caribbean three times now and love just about everything. NCL is one to consider if you want the whole freestyle cruising thing.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Sock Puppet

RC twice for us. Great.
    Princess 4 times. VERY classy, but yes, geared towards the mature. Our favorite.
    Carnival once. Party time!

Bon Voyage!

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The question related to the best cruise line, not the destination.
    No, the question stated they chose a 7 day mexican cruise. Does Disney do a 7 day cruise? If they do, then yes, it should be included.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    NCL touts itself as being a "Freestyle" cruise line, which means that you;ll have to make dinner reservations every day. It has a very relaxed atmosphere.
    Just wanted to make a small clarification. No biggie.

You do not need to make reservations every day. There are dining rooms where you can just show up, and they will seat you. There are also specialty restaurants that you WOULD want to make a reservation at just to be sure you will be seated at the time you want.

I cruised once on The Big Red Boat when i was a kid, so that doesn't count. The only other line I have cruised on is NCL. I just got back from the New Orleans/Cozumel/Costa Maya/Belize City trip and I loved it!

I know this will sound a bit dopey, but they had automatic hand sanitizers all over the ship!

Hope you enjoy, whichever you decide!

I've only cruised on RC, but had a great experience everytime. There's always something to do and it was a lot of fun.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup View Post
    So my friends and I are planning a vacation. We want to go on a cruise. We decided that the time that works best for everyone is may 3 - may 10. So, a 7 day mexican riviera cruise seems to be the most practical. So now we're having a debate over which cruise line to pick. We all have had previous cruising experience on 3 separate lines (disney, royal caribbean and carnival) and while our general consensus says we should go on royal caribbean i thought id get your feedback first. what have you done? what have you liked? disliked? do's and don'ts? thanks.
    i Have only been on RCI. twice on the vision of the seas and once on the Monarch OtS all on the Mexican riviera. RCI has the mariner of the Seas on the west coast now one of there voyager class ships, and that would be my choice. For a lot more information on cruising I would check out cruisecritic.com I call it the micechat of all things crusing
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast