Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: San Diego Cake Club Cake Show - Photo Heavy

Wow... they always make it looks so easy to do these on tv. I've never worked with fondant, someday I'd like to try it but I know nothing I could come up with would ever look as good as any of these!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Wow... they always make it looks so easy to do these on tv. I've never worked with fondant, someday I'd like to try it but I know nothing I could come up with would ever look as good as any of these!
    It is all about taking classes and practicing. I take classes every chance I get even if I already done something similar to what they are doing just so I can get another teachers thoughts and ideas.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

What great pictures. Those cakes are so gorgeous. I just love the kid entries.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

OH my goodness those are awesome, so many talented and creative people!
    Thanks for those, would be fun to try if only once.

Or maybe not lol.
    I fear it could be quite frustrating.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Wow, very creative! What happens after the convention is over? Does everyone gets to try the cake?
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Wow, very creative! What happens after the convention is over? Does everyone gets to try the cake?
    No, actually those cakes are made from cake dummies. Very few people if any actually use real cakes in this type of cake show.

• World Traveler

Those are amazing! Thanks for sharing them.

• far, far away from DL

Wow, what amazing things that can be made out of sugar and some icing. Just beautiful!!!

• A Weather Eye Open

So fun too look at these! My sister wanted a big fancy cake for her mad hatter tea party birthday this year, but she hates the taste of fondant (I agree). Fondant can look really cool and smooth, but to me it doesn't look like food (or feel like it in my mouth, yuck). For her cake, we found a book from The Whimsical Bakehouse. The book has recipes for cakes, filling, and icing, and step by step tutorials for the decorating techniques they use. Their philosophy is that cakes should taste as good as they look, so all of the decorating is done almost entirely in buttercream frosting and chocolate accessories. It's really amazing! They've got tutorials on their website too. I gotta say, that cake tasted GREAT.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    So fun too look at these! My sister wanted a big fancy cake for her mad hatter tea party birthday this year, but she hates the taste of fondant (I agree). Fondant can look really cool and smooth, but to me it doesn't look like food (or feel like it in my mouth, yuck). For her cake, we found a book from The Whimsical Bakehouse. The book has recipes for cakes, filling, and icing, and step by step tutorials for the decorating techniques they use. Their philosophy is that cakes should taste as good as they look, so all of the decorating is done almost entirely in buttercream frosting and chocolate accessories. It's really amazing! They've got tutorials on their website too. I gotta say, that cake tasted GREAT.
    I agree that fondant is not the best tasting thing but it is here to stay. Most people who I make cakes for ask for non-fondant cakes. I may use it for decoration purposes but not to cover the whole cake. But with that said most brides will still ask for it as it does give cakes a wonderful look. Most servers will just tear off the fondant before serving the piece of cake.

o gosh! thank you so much for posting this pictures! i love to see cakes and the ace of cakes show on food network. currently i am taking the wilton classes at michaels and this pictorial has just been amazing! thank you so much for taking your time and posting this! I really appreciate this! blessings!

• Senior Minion

Those cakes are seriously amazing. I watch stuff like Ace Of Cakes and Amazing Cakes, but wow.....the time, work and attention to detail and such that goes into making these. I wish I could make a cake even half as good as those.

But my vote goes to the Castle cake. That flat out amazed me to see the detail and everything on it, just beautiful. It'd be my dream to someday have a cake like that, but I can easily imagine the cost..and it's not pretty like the cake. Worth every penny though, yes.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Those cakes are seriously amazing. I watch stuff like Ace Of Cakes and Amazing Cakes, but wow.....the time, work and attention to detail and such that goes into making these. I wish I could make a cake even half as good as those.

But my vote goes to the Castle cake. That flat out amazed me to see the detail and everything on it, just beautiful. It'd be my dream to someday have a cake like that, but I can easily imagine the cost..and it's not pretty like the cake. Worth every penny though, yes.
    If you are talking about the Disneyland castle that is actually all gumpaste no cake, and it won 2nd place for the gumpaste catagory.

hi my cake was the egyptian cake.
    www.todoparafiestasydecoraciondepasteles.com

I made the marshmellow fondant on diferent flavors like raspberry, orange, apple, pina colada and much more and the it taste good. and the cake looks good

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast