Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Xcelerator Question

We'll be going to Knotts in about a week and a half as part of our Disneyland vacation. I just wondered if anyone has ridden Xcelerator and what they think about it. Is it scary? lol. My dad wants me to go on it with him and I'm kinda scared of the whole 0-80mph in 2 seconds thing. The hill looks pretty big too! I'm not that wimpy when it comes to roller coasterd and I do enjoy them, but this one looks a bit scary. Also, what are the seatbelts like? Is it like a lap bar? I'd feel better riding it if I knew it had shoulder restraints just for my own comfort. Thanks!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Xcelerator Question

Take your life in your own hands......
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Take your life in your own hands......

Lol what?!

• Circle of Ancients

My 9 year old daughter loves it ...

It isn't scary, it's just fun. The launch is very intense, but the ride is very short. Don't be intimidated.

The ride has a seat belt AND lap bar. It's VERY snug, you won't be going anywhere.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IcDkRy16
    Lol what?!
    Best. reply. ever.

I'm pretty sure what she means is that you shouldn't allow your father to decide whether or not you should go on this.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    My 9 year old daughter loves it ...

It isn't scary, it's just fun. The launch is very intense, but the ride is very short. Don't be intimidated.

The ride has a seat belt AND lap bar. It's VERY snug, you won't be going anywhere.

Ohhh ok I'm glad to hear there's a seatbelt and a lap bar! I guess I'll try it considering it's short. Maybe I'll watch it a few times when we're there before I make my final decision. Thanks.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Folly
    Best. reply. ever.

I'm pretty sure what she means is that you shouldn't allow your father to decide whether or not you should go on this.

Ohhh, I was wondering what she meant lol. Yeah, my dad can be pretty annoying sometimes. He'll be like "aww come on, it's just a ride! Look at all the little kids on it." Then I end up feeling guilty. He doesn't get mad at me or anything, so if I don't go on it I'm sure he'll understand. I'll probably try it though, who knows!

• That's Hawt

I love Xcelerator! The only thing that creeps me out is the return drop because it's right next to a street and it looks like your going to crash into the cars waaay below.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Ohhh ok I'm glad to hear there's a seatbelt and a lap bar! I guess I'll try it considering it's short. Maybe I'll watch it a few times when we're there before I make my final decision. Thanks.
    Don't watch it before riding! I forbid you. It'll freak you out. Just go on it. You'll LOOOOOVE it, I promise.

• Circle of Ancients

Eh, Xcelerator is nothing compared to what we rode on Sunday.

456 feet high ... 128 MPH ...

• Minion

Yeah, take disneyguy247's advice, I've seen many people get out of line after watching it lauch, very intimidating indeed! Try Montezooma's Revenge first, another excellent launcher, if you're ok with that Xcel should be a breeze. Xcel is bigger and faster than Monte, but not much more intense in my book (Monte still rocks my world after all these years!).
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Well, I'm sure Xcelerator is scarier than that Windjammer piece of junk that used to be there!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

We'll be going to Knotts in about a week and a half as part of our Disneyland vacation. I just wondered if anyone has ridden Xcelerator and what they think about it. Is it scary? lol. My dad wants me to go on it with him and I'm kinda scared of the whole 0-80mph in 2 seconds thing. The hill looks pretty big too! I'm not that wimpy when it comes to roller coasterd and I do enjoy them, but this one looks a bit scary. Also, what are the seatbelts like? Is it like a lap bar? I'd feel better riding it if I knew it had shoulder restraints just for my own comfort. Thanks!

Beleive me, if you let your nerves get the best of you, you may never want to ride it. Rollercoaster are FUN !!! Plus I bet Knott's rides are very safe to ride. They inspect them every morning.

Take Disneyguys advice, if you are nervous already and you watch the ride, you will be scared. I remember the first time I went to six flag and I was shaking because I did not want to go on any coaster, but after the first coaster, I was hooked.

Man you guys already have made me want to go to Knott's and ride the beast.
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 10-10-2005 at 12:30 PM.

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Eh, Xcelerator is nothing compared to what we rode on Sunday.

456 feet high ... 128 MPH ...

You mean it was open when you guys went! lol
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• That one girl.

Holy Moly! that is a big a$$ coaster!!!

Xcelerator is a great ride. It's very short, but that initial launch gets your heart pumping the rest of the ride. But as someone said, watching the ride before you get on could be discouraging, but its hard not to look. The lap bar on it is pretty hefty too.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast