• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

San Diego Zoo &more(lots of pics..56K warning)

Very crowded on Baloboa and Freeway 163 due to a healing arts festival.(could not get a pic in the car of the festival.)
    The Zoos has been changed alot due to the new exhibit but it was cool seeing how the zoo looks now
    New Bug Exhibit(by Mouse House)

Porcupine

Mascot of the Zoo...Sydney!

Pics of Balboa Park

Pics from the road

• or CBF

Re: San Diego Zoo &more(lots of pics..56K warning)

Very nice pictures.

I haven't been out to the Zoo in years.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

TY both
    SOme of the pics didnt turn out good due to either the animal hid in the shade or the glass had a reflection on it..at least more than 80% of the pics came out

• Waiting for fireworks...

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    I especially love the panda!
    I love pandas!!!

That playground must be relatively new. It wasn't there when I was growing up. From the ages of 12 - 17 I spent literally every day in Balboa Park. It's one of the places in California I miss.

Great photos, thanks for sharing

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Nice pics! I love the giraffe ones.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• skyway fan!

Smile Re: San Diego Zoo &more(lots of pics..56K warning)

no pics of the disneyland skyways relative..the skyfari...my favorite thing about the san diego zoo.great pictures!
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by vonrollskyway1 View Post
    no pics of the disneyland skyways relative..the skyfari...my favorite thing about the san diego zoo.great pictures!
    i would have gotten pics..but never crossed my mind
    they are updated a bit with pics of animals on the doors.its still running despite construction in the top portion of the zoo..just the road is missing

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Nice pics! I love the giraffe ones.
    Thank you
    the feeding is a new feature,BTW
    5 dollars for 3 biscuits.. i think its a cute and wonderful addition to the zoos many activities

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    That playground must be relatively new. It wasn't there when I was growing up. From the ages of 12 - 17 I spent literally every day in Balboa Park. It's one of the places in California I miss.

Great photos, thanks for sharing
    ty. the playground is just a little past the science center on the 163 turn
    so its new to me too

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    the playground is just a little past the science center on the 163 turn so its new to me too
    So does that put it behind the cultural center (round green building covered in 'world art') or behind the Federal Building (as if you are headed to the Star Lite theater)? What throws me off is being able to see the Museum of Man bell tower and what looks like the minerettes to the Casa de Prado. I would have guessed that it's between the Natural History Museum and Spanish Village (but I don't see the Australian Fig Tree)

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    So does that put it behind the cultural center (round green building covered in 'world art') or behind the Federal Building (as if you are headed to the Star Lite theater)? What throws me off is being able to see the Museum of Man bell tower and what looks like the minerettes to the Casa de Prado. I would have guessed that it's between the Natural History Museum and Spanish Village (but I don't see the Australian Fig Tree)
    ok..the world beat center pic is after the park..its before the center, i think across from the veterans center(where the plane statue is) and after the Science and history centers/museums/. if you leave the zoo on the 163 turn instead of going straight onto the 5 entrance ,its on the right.

(trying to explain where it is as good as i can)

Got it!

• "I Break Things"

I am posting this along with an expressed thank you to the TS for their report. It was through their report that I discovered that you could feed the giraffes. I had wanted to do a feeding tour in the SD Wild Animal Park but it was cost prohibitive and had an age requirement. Prior to this report I was unaware of the feeding experience at the SD Zoo. For anyone interested it is quite an experience to do this... and if you are a parent there is probably no greater reward then the look on your little one(s) face(s).

Some quick info on the "Feed the Giraffe's" experience. It is $5 for 3 biscuits (they honestly look like small dog biscuits). It's only weekends, 12pm-1pm, no age limit. When we went it was extremely well organized with a line and keepers selling tickets. We decided to purchase $10 worth so each of us had a chance to feed a giraffe.

The Zoo did advertise this in the map, but did not advertise it on the website. When I inquired with a Zoo Keeper the comment was that they did not want to over advertise, and possibly over crowd, the experience. Per that Zoo Keeper all proceeds go to the Zoo and should then be directed to the giraffe exhibit. They are strict on the 12pm-1pm time limit because this is a treat for the animals and they do not want them to be overfed.

So again thank you to the TS, it provided a great Mother's Day present to my wife!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am posting this along with an expressed thank you to the TS for their report. It was through their report that I discovered that you could feed the giraffes. I had wanted to do a feeding tour in the SD Wild Animal Park but it was cost prohibitive and had an age requirement. Prior to this report I was unaware of the feeding experience at the SD Zoo. For anyone interested it is quite an experience to do this... and if you are a parent there is probably no greater reward then the look on your little one(s) face(s).

Some quick info on the "Feed the Giraffe's" experience. It is $5 for 3 biscuits (they honestly look like small dog biscuits). It's only weekends, 12pm-1pm, no age limit. When we went it was extremely well organized with a line and keepers selling tickets. We decided to purchase $10 worth so each of us had a chance to feed a giraffe.

The Zoo did advertise this in the map, but did not advertise it on the website. When I inquired with a Zoo Keeper the comment was that they did not want to over advertise, and possibly over crowd, the experience. Per that Zoo Keeper all proceeds go to the Zoo and should then be directed to the giraffe exhibit. They are strict on the 12pm-1pm time limit because this is a treat for the animals and they do not want them to be overfed.

So again thank you to the TS, it provided a great Mother's Day present to my wife!
    Yw