• Iron-Clad Allie

Full Volume 'Freestyle Music Park' Opening Weekend / Kiss The Sky Fireworks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdQektAO36Q]YouTube - Kiss The Sky Fireworks Freestyle Music Park Myrtle Beach, SC[/ame]

Crowds thronged to the grand opening of Freestyle Music Park that took place during Memorial Day weekend. It is important that I point out that I deeply revere America's military heroes as many of them have paid the ultimate price in order for us to enjoy the freedoms and opportunities bestowed upon is in this, the greatest nation on Earth. Indeed, a new theme park such as this represents aninstance where the pursuit of happiness is realized, literally. The Kiss The Sky firworks and laser show explodes with vibrant sights and rockin' sounds.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS0mYoQwzpc]YouTube - Freestyle Music Park- The Time Machine POV[/ame]
    ^..........^..........^
    Check out the new video of the Time Machine coaster (previously Led Zep).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kem0eKvGlAE]YouTube - Freestyle Music Park Commercial | Theme Parks Myrtle Beach[/ame]

In an effort to prevent the official opening, Hard Rock Park Creative's Goodwin and Binkowski attemped to rain on Freestyle Music Parks "parade" by filing a court claim that there remains too much of the former park that is unchanged. The presiding judge threw them out of the bankruptcy court on their ears, along with their injunction. I submit that there is nothing creative about HRC and the two freaks behind it. The new park looks to be starting off on the right foot, and it looks like a winner for years to come.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Full Volume 'Freestyle Music Park' Opening Weekend / Kiss The Sky Fireworks

Dick Dale and Pink on the same ride?? No thanks.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Dick Dale is a sad choice any way you look at it.

• DCA FTW!

They changed Led Zep name to time machine? Really!?

edit: but glad they're back in business
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    They changed Led Zep name to time machine? Really!?

edit: but glad they're back in business
    Thanks, Coast. I miss Hard Rock Park. But, it's absolutely wonderful that new investors have brought the park back to life (even though they were forced to change the name of the park and it's attraction names/themes).

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Apparently that was the 2000 era of music, the songs were Pump It (Black Eyed Peas), Low (Some rapper I don't care about since the song sucks), Ain't No Other Man (Christina Agulera) and Let's Get This Party Started (Pink). So in other words, this is certainly not the best choices of songs.

However I believe the biggest problem right now are some of the shows and Monsters of Rock. With Adreline Rush, I have not heard a single positive review of it so far. (Many people complain it's far too repetative.) As for CSI:Live!, some are finding it pretty boring (and asking why this is in a music park?).

Though with Monsters of Rock, it's getting hit the hardest. Apparently there are no leftover effects from NIWS, and the ride consists of you going through scenes of 2D cutouts that are lit up with a simple spotlight (one that is so bright that it reveals all the wires, interior buildings, pretty much everything your not supposed to see.) You pretty much see that over and over until the finale where you have more 2D cutouts with strobe lights. That's it, and there's no spooky soundtrack either...just a generic happy sounding soundtrack.

As for the unique queue line, it's gone. Everything has been painted black, there's only a few cutouts and the spinning tunnel is no more.

Now just to point this out, the ride is currently unfinished...and supposedly animatronics are on the way. Though people are pointing out that it's stupid for FMP to be currently having it open since it's giving a very bad impression.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Well they took a very creative surreal original dark ride and turned it in to one more cheesy haunted house.But it is now a true kidde ride in 2-D to go with overtakeing familyfriendy theme.Here is a quote from a poster at the discover myrtle site who has been on the ride ...Monsters of rock is the worst example of a ride i have ever seen unquote.Sure they had no time but to take out NIWS was a bad idea.

The park has changed the name of just about every ride to re-brand the property.I know the new owers think NIWS is some mushroom fueled drug trip ride and not cool for kidz is just not the case.I went on that ride a number of times with two youngones 6 and 8 and they loved it .So i kind off see the parks point but no reason to replace a great ride.Heres how change the name like the other rides re-theme the new facade with the name fantastc journey or alternate universe..or dreamland..or whatever. Then hire a music producer and some musiciansto make you a pink floyd-ish kind of sounding ride soundtrack (no lyrics) know you have your own intellectual and creative property.THis would have been easyer aswell but niws is gone and i hope its sold to someone else...P.S..i wish the new park good luck.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mansionman View Post
    The park has changed the name of just about every ride to re-brand the property.I know the new owers think NIWS is some mushroom fueled drug trip ride and not cool for kidz is just not the case.I went on that ride a number of times with two youngones 6 and 8 and they loved it .So i kind off see the parks point but no reason to replace a great ride.Heres how change the name like the other rides re-theme the new facade with the name fantastc journey or alternate universe..or dreamland..or whatever. Then hire a music producer and some musiciansto make you a pink floyd-ish kind of sounding ride soundtrack (no lyrics) know you have your own intellectual and creative property.THis would have been easyer aswell but niws is gone and i hope its sold to someone else...P.S..i wish the new park good luck.
    I would agree mansionman. They would be better off not having a darkride at all as to have one that is composed of cheesy cut-outs, in-your-face cheap lighting effects, and mediocre music. Freestyle's notions of getting away from a drug related theme are noble. But, you are absolutely correct that a professional music score should have been devised. I love your suggested monikers as well...Fantastic Journey and Alternate Universe.

Still, they should have waited till they have the money for inspiring state-of-the-art props and effects before attempting to shoehorn in a collection of (what might as well be) garage sale items...and then calling it a ride.

Thinks ride warrior and your right goodwin and binkowski are to freaks that need to just go away.

Sorry i ment to say Thanks and your right better no dark ride then a not so ready one.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ticket prices have gone up for adults ..from $39.95 to $42.95.
    For children, they've been increased from $29.95 to $32.50.

• Choir nerd

Too bad they had to get rid of Life in the Fast Lane... I love that song.