Thread: Sea World?

• Inappropriate

Sea World?

I'm going to Sea World san diego in about three weeks on a thursday. After looking online, it doesn't seem like it takesvery long to go through the park, Does it?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Sea World?

Nope. Not really. They only have a few rides and a few shows.

• Circle of Ancients

On a Thursday in October ... you shouldn't have any problems.

• no flash photography...

It doesn't take that long. I went for a weekend during the summer, but I got there around 1pm one day...the next day we got there at opening, had breakfast with shamu and just relaxed, took in some shows we missed, went to see exhibits thatw ere to busy the day before, and we left around 3pm. It was vrye busy when we went though. We did ahve reserved seating for all the shows. That helped alot..

• CM for 4 years!

I went on a busy weekend in August and was able to see every show except two. BUT we had an incredibly packed day. If you want to see every show at the park, expect to spend a full day, starting by noon. The only show I didn't see was the Cirque de la Mer. Everything else was great, except the new Clyde and Seamore show.
    We also missed the Haunted Lighthouse because it interfered with other live shows. I wish they would give a show schedule for this!

I petted a bat ray and fed sea lions. They are pretty funny. It was an incredibly full day. We had about an hour to stop and eat, otherwise our day was jam packed!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I went on a busy weekend in August and was able to see every show except two. BUT we had an incredibly packed day. If you want to see every show at the park, expect to spend a full day, starting by noon. The only show I didn't see was the Cirque de la Mer. Everything else was great, except the new Clyde and Seamore show.
    We also missed the Haunted Lighthouse because it interfered with other live shows. I wish they would give a show schedule for this!

I petted a bat ray and fed sea lions. They are pretty funny. It was an incredibly full day. We had about an hour to stop and eat, otherwise our day was jam packed!
    this is how it went for us also. With reserved seating we picked our times for the whole day and this was at 1pm. We fit all the shows in and didn't have to worry about getting thereearly for seats, btu we went on the atlantis ride and missed our showing for cirque de le mer....so we did that the next day along with the lighthouse show......all the exhibts were jammed packed during the day, but after the last shamu show with the fireworks everyone went home. We stayed and went to see the exhibits that were to busy earlier and there was hardly anyone there...it was so nice..

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by melmel

Awww, you missed the best show! /former Cirque crew

I whole-heartedly agree, though, that Clyde and Seamore is pretty bad. In fact, management knows it's bad, and is actually scheduled to close soon for a complete script rewrite.

During the busy season, Lighthouse usually runs continuously throughout the day (with shows starting about every 45 minutes) - I assume that's why you didn't see a show schedule for it. I'm pretty sure that it's normally on the schedule, though.

I love petting the bat rays - they're one of the hidden gems of the park!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Mexihick, y'all

Well, thank goodness management is keyed in to the fact that they ruined the Clyde and Seamore show. Dear lord, that was painful watching it!

Sea World is a great park, and if you whiz through it without taking time, sure it's fast. But if you catch all the shows, read all the information, it could take a while. It's a ton of fun.

• Inappropriate

Wow! thanks everybody! Now i'm all excited and giddy

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by migo
    Sea World is a great park, and if you whiz through it without taking time, sure it's fast. But if you catch all the shows, read all the information, it could take a while. It's a ton of fun.

I couldn't agree more. How long it takes to go through Sea World depends on how much time you choose to spend in exhibits, at feeder pools, etc. I've had days where we wanted to see every show and ride all the rides (all 4 of them), and some in the group wanted to shop. That made for a jam packed day, and in we still don't make it to all the aquariums and pools. On the other hand, I've been twice when we didn't see any shows; all the time was spent taking our time in the exhibits, just sitting and watching various animals, relaxing in the Garden of Discovery, etc. Those were wonderful, relaxing days. In fact, both ways to enjoy the park (and many variations in between) are good ways to spend your day, depending on what you want to get out of your visit, and how much you enjoy what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    . We did ahve reserved seating for all the shows. That helped alot..
    I have been researching our DL stay and neglecting SW. How do you get reserved seating for the shows? We only have one day in the park and want to get the most out of it.

Thanks!