• The line's too long...

Abu Dhabi Ferrari Theme Park Promo Video (2010)

The Yas Island resort development in Abu Dhabi recently posted a promo video for its Ferrari World theme park:

Yas Island | Ferrari World

It looks amazing (even has a Soarin' Over Italy ride, and the F1 coaster will be the world's fastest) and is scheduled to open in 2010 (most of the heavy construction is already done and the coaster track is up). This is precisely the thing we need more of in the world to put the pressure on Disney to up the ante on its offerings... don't know if they're listening, especially at WDW.

• I'm not really here

Re: Abu Dhabi Ferrari Theme Park Promo Video (2010)

Google maps needs to update their imagery, because there's nothing there yet Just sand and a few roads. Going to be pretty impressive when they get it all done though. $40 billion is a MASSIVE amount of money.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• The line's too long...

Thethemeparkguy had posted pics of the construction a couple months back but it looks like he's taken them down. The main structure and main central funnel are a good ways toward structural completion, and the track was being laid for the coasters. Abu Dhabi has got the money so this one should get done on time for next year.

woah that is crazy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Not here to help

Iīd rather go to DCA Carsland than go to Saudi Arabia... that entire region is not a place where I would feel safe with my frends.

But it does look impressive. I think we are gettng closer a major remake of all Disneylands. Many of the Disney rides are simply out of date.

No offence Disney and WDW fans... but the Stitch show in Tomorrowland needs to go.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• The line's too long...

Abu Dhabi is in the United Arab Emirates, which shares a peninsula with Saudi Arabia, but is pretty different otherwise.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Abu Dhabi is in the United Arab Emirates, which shares a peninsula with Saudi Arabia, but is pretty different otherwise.
    Yea I know but still... I could never be in a place where people donīt like my... kind.
    THEY should change not me

Besides a park in a desert? That heat?
    Warner semes nice, but a park themed to a car brand?... whatīs next a Coca Cola Land? Microsoft Resort? Purell World?

Walt had a vision, a dream of a place like from the past, the future and the times that never were and never will be. These parks in the desert are built by slaves and the only thought behind the entire project is to make as much money as possible.
    I am sure it will be fun at these places. But no matter what it will never have What built Disney. Even if Disney today is bunch of money sucking vampires with no souls their company is built on a solid ground by a person with as much heart and soul to last another 70 years and more.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 06-11-2009 at 09:23 AM.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Yea I know but still... I could never be in a place where people donīt like my... kind.
    THEY should change not me
    I don't think they're interested in changing you. Like all capitalists, they just want your money.

Besides a park in a desert? That heat?
    That's why the whole thing is indoors except for the coaster track.

Warner semes nice, but a park themed to a car brand?... whatīs next a Coca Cola Land? Microsoft Resort? Purell World?
    Ferrari is one of those transcendental brands that fans almost worship with a strong parasocial identity, plus its about race cars which almost everyone likes and can relate to. It's not a bad idea for a park, and then combined with Italian culture makes it even better.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    I don't think they're interested in changing you. Like all capitalists, they just want your money.

That's why the whole thing is indoors except for the coaster track.

Ferrari is one of those transcendental brands that fans almost worship with a strong parasocial identity, plus its about race cars which almost everyone likes and can relate to. It's not a bad idea for a park, and then combined with Italian culture makes it even better.
    One day they might get some of my mone, but then again... the worst part about TDL is the mall styled Mainstreet. Having an entire park lik that... hmm.
    Yea but... nah. As a part of something larger, perhaps. But then when I think of it, it is.
    It all just looked like a mall to me. Some parts were very impressive but that is always what one gets when looking at these previews and plans.