• LLC Master Builder

Cool Become a LEGO Master Model Builder!

Remember when you were a child, and you loved building with LEGO? How you always wanted to do that for a living when you grew up? Well, now is your chance!!! LEGOLAND is hiring new model builders through a Model Builder Search that will take place on June 24th and 25th at LEGOLAND in Carlsbad. If selected, you will be trained on professional model building techniques and will work on LEGO models destined for our new theme parks in Malaysia and Dubai, and other locations.

You can access the job posting at the LEGOLAND website by clicking here, then selecting 鼎reative/Design in the JOB CATEGORY window, then searching. Model Builder will be the sole open position you can view. It is a requirement though that any applicant must be at least 18 years old.

For your benefit, I致e got the entire listing here for you:

Description:
    LEGOLAND California is currently looking for MODEL BUILDERS to fill open job positions on its creative team. Model Builders will be working on exciting LEGOLAND expansion projects.
    Qualified candidates will be considered for the assessment process taking place on June 24th and June 25th.
    The new Model Builders will not only be helping with projects within our Park such as the new Dune Raiders attraction opening in June, but with the thousands of LEGO models going into LEGOLAND Malaysia and LEGOLAND Dubailand as well.
    Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years old and will be judged on their creativity, strategy, ability to build a three-dimensional model and their calmness under pressure.
    The Model Builder Search will be a two day process if qualified applicants successfully complete all three challenges on the first day of competition. Those challenges include a copy build, a team build and a creative build.
    The two days of competition will be Wednesday June 24 and Thursday, June 25 with the ultimate build-off being held Thursday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
    Must be able to build complicated LEGO models for a wide variety of LEGOLAND attractions including, but not limited to miniature scale models and life sized organic models. Must have a flair for the use of color and ability to copy LEGO models from 3D prototypes, 2d drawings and computer files.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Requirements/Qualifications: Requires experience in model making or craft field. Background in some form of Model Making preferred. Must be able to read drawings and sketches pertaining to model production. Ability to understand and follow directions in the English language. Must have a general of knowledge LEGO elements. Ability to observe and remember details, and to follow supervisor痴 directions effectively. Ability to make quick and proper decisions.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Responsibilities :
    1. Builds glued LEGO models for park attractions, including building from LEGO graph paper, scaled down prototypes, partial and/ or full prototypes
    as well as photos.
    2. Often uses LEGO brick-builder program to build and edit models.
    3. Determines access panels and works closely with Model Designer and Animation tech to determine infrastructure.
    4. Builds access for animation & support into models as needed.
    5. Works with direction from Model Designers for limited design projects.
    6. Gives direction to Model Shop Associates on group production projects.
    7. Pays attention to detail & exhibits an ability to make decisions independently
    8. Assists in logistics involved in Model Production as needed.
    9. Immediately identifies management of safety related concerns and keeps safety #1 priority.
    10. Ensures that all model work areas are kept clean, neat and orderly at all times.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

So that's it! If you are interested, just head on over to that link at the top of the post, and submit your application. I have been in this job for 2 years now and can say it is definately one of the most exciting and fun jobs in the world. I have had the chance to travel for the company and build models that will be seen by millions of guests world wide. I really cannot say much else except that it is a great job to have. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them!
    "Why yes, I am a rocket scientist!" - Me, with a B.S. in Astrophysics.

Professionally building with LEGO bricks since 2007. Visit Legoland California to see some of my work!

Tomorrowland Attractions CM: 6/24/05-8/24/06
    Survived Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, and the Mark V Monorail.

DCL_Becky's Prince Charming

• The line's too long...

Re: Become a LEGO Master Model Builder!

How is progress going on the Dubailand Lego (Miniland, etc.) projects? The park is projected to open in 2011 but with the current financial crisis, I'm worried it might get pushed back. Legoland style rides are relatively easy (compared to Disney or Universal) to put together, the biggest issue for Legoland parks are all the intricate Lego models. If the Dubai models are getting built expeditiously then that would be a good sign.

• LLC Master Builder

Unfortunately I do not have any news on the LEGOLAND Dubailand project that I can share. I'll be blunt, I'm not a PR person, so I am not authorized to speak about that project at the moment. We are hiring more Model Builders however, and that is a good sign that our model production is increasing for current and future projects.
    "Why yes, I am a rocket scientist!" - Me, with a B.S. in Astrophysics.

Professionally building with LEGO bricks since 2007. Visit Legoland California to see some of my work!

Tomorrowland Attractions CM: 6/24/05-8/24/06
    Survived Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, and the Mark V Monorail.

DCL_Becky's Prince Charming

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by DL Steve View Post
    Unfortunately I do not have any news on the LEGOLAND Dubailand project that I can share. I'll be blunt, I'm not a PR person, so I am not authorized to speak about that project at the moment. We are hiring more Model Builders however, and that is a good sign that our model production is increasing for current and future projects.
    That was my extrapolation as well, hiring more builders should be a good sign for everything Legoland...