Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Knott's Berry Farm on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie89 View Post
    knottsbrryfarmNew maze alert!-DIA DE LOS MUERTOS Screams of La Llorona, the Weeping Woman echo as the creatures of the night crawl from decrepit crypts
    now THAT sounds like awesomesauce! this could be a very visually stunning maze, and "the Weeping Woman" sounds like it could be an iconic haunt character...wonder what venue they'll put it in?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

apparently bumper cars....

Knott’s Berry Farm unveils Halloween Haunt 2009 mazes - Travel - LATimes.com

every year knotts seems to surprise me and disappoint me at the same time...

• Halloween Haunt Fan!

(DIA DE LOS MUERTOS Screams of La Llorona) At first i was like cool that would be good were Quaratine was because of the mexican area themeing! but it's in 3D? and in the bumper car area. bummer i don't like day glow mazes. at least Lost Vegas is gone though.
    Counting down the days to Halloween Haunt!!!! Knotts Berry Farm
    I love True Blood sundays!

• Crazy Furry

Ugh, while "DIA DE LOS MUERTOS Screams of La Llorona" is a flat-out awesome concept...I'm not happy on the location and the fact it's a 3-D maze. (Granted, the bumper cars is not a bad area and it's replacing Lost Vegas...but this would fit perfectly in Fiesta Village)
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

i dont' mind the 3D ascpect of Dia De Los Muertos..but the location is a bit of a oddity to me as well. i dunno if knotts was contractually obligated to keep Quarantine in its Fiesta Village location or what, but yeah, a day of the dead maze would certainly be more suited there

i wonder why they coudlnt' have flipflopped the locations?
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

also interesting that Brady says the new klown maze will be under Accelerator, yet the Knott's twitter said under perilous plunge...

guess we'll know once build starts to rev up a bit more
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Ugh, while "DIA DE LOS MUERTOS Screams of La Llorona" is a flat-out awesome concept...I'm not happy on the location and the fact it's a 3-D maze. (Granted, the bumper cars is not a bad area and it's replacing Lost Vegas...but this would fit perfectly in Fiesta Village)
    I personally believe that Fiesta Village is big enough to be a "Dia De Los Muertos" scare zone. I've been saying that for years. I'm personally a strong believer of the "No where is safe" mindset for Haunt where every scare zone borders another. Currently, the only areas that don't "technically" have its own scare zone is Fiesta Village and the area where The Swamp originally was (where the Church of Reflections used to be). Also, the areas around Screamin' Swing, The Calico Mine Ride, and Timber Mountain aren't really designated to anyone, either, though Carnevil and GTS somewhat wander around there, sometimes.

Then again, I've also been saying for years that the only scare zone that would make me leave Ghost Town where I currently reside is if they made a "post-apocalyptic" scare zone (ie. "The Underground" on streets). HOWEVER, I'd also like to see costume concepts, before-hand. I've got SO many ideas for costumes if I were to take part in a scare zone like that but if the look wasn't close to what I'd like to look like, I'd just stay in GTS, after all. I know, I'm indecisive
    Last edited by Jon Autopsy; 07-09-2009 at 10:58 AM.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Some imagination, huh?

I'm happy Quarantine is returning!!!

(I just hope that those annoying boys who kept pushing up against me throughout the whole maze don't.)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I don't know, I love the Dia de Los Muertos concept, and the chupacabra/la Llorna tie in...but in 3D bright colors? Not sold on that. Now, if it was like the day of the dead festivities with the folk art skeletons and funeral customs and that, the bright colors could be made to work...but I don't see the goatsucker and the woman who drowned her kids coming off well in neon. Have to wait and see on that.

I always liked Axe Murder Manor myself quite a bit, so hopefully the Ripper/London maze lives up to it's potential. And this year I shall have to find the Asylum for sure...four years of going to Haunt, and not yet found the entrance heh....pathetic I know. I am looking forward once more to Doll Factory, hands down my favorite maze, and didn't get to see Quarantine last year as that area was just a madhouse. Yay for being excited for Haunt already!

• Crazy Furry

Looking at the updated description of Lockdown:The Asylum, it sounds like it's going for a prison theme.

As for the returning mazes, I have a feeling Quarentine is going to show once again Knott's should keep any movie maze to 1 year. As far as I know, none of the original cast are returning to Quarentine...and we all know how well that happened in Grudge 2's second year.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Looking at the updated description of Lockdown:The Asylum, it sounds like it's going for a prison theme.

As for the returning mazes, I have a feeling Quarentine is going to show once again Knott's should keep any movie maze to 1 year. As far as I know, none of the original cast are returning to Quarentine...and we all know how well that happened in Grudge 2's second year.

this is my biggest problem with Q's return as well:|
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

@knottsbrryfarm Knott's Halloween Haunt Maze Rehire by invitation is 8/3 and 8/4. General Haunt Hiring Event is 8/10 at 9:00 AM! Come work for the best!
    So maze monsters that get a Rehire card in the mail have their dates and the annual New Hire event will be on the 10th. New Hire is traditional a big thing with hopeful Haunt rookies camping out along the sidewalk the night before in hopes of securing a spot in what's left after Rehire. And for those potential rookies that camp out some of the Haunt vets always seem to drop by to see who is making the attempt to cross the veil this year.

If you're planning on going as a New Hire, best of luck to you!
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    MiceChat just started following them. We have 1,760 following us right now and are shooting for 2,000 by the end of July. I'm not sure that anyone really reads or cares what I post for MiceChat on Twitter, but I do it anyway.
    I follow it and read it every day, Dusty! Thanks for doing it.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    So maze monsters that get a Rehire card in the mail have their dates and the annual New Hire event will be on the 10th. New Hire is traditional a big thing with hopeful Haunt rookies camping out along the sidewalk the night before in hopes of securing a spot in what's left after Rehire. And for those potential rookies that camp out some of the Haunt vets always seem to drop by to see who is making the attempt to cross the veil this year.

If you're planning on going as a New Hire, best of luck to you!
    Elly, can you give us a little more description as to what going for New Hire is like and what hopefuls are recommended to do (like do we really NEED to camp out to have a good chance of getting hired, or does it not usually matter). I've never tried to do this before, but i am always so impressed by the Haunt's quality that it is something I'd love to be a part of if I can!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Elly, can you give us a little more description as to what going for New Hire is like and what hopefuls are recommended to do (like do we really NEED to camp out to have a good chance of getting hired, or does it not usually matter). I've never tried to do this before, but i am always so impressed by the Haunt's quality that it is something I'd love to be a part of if I can!
    i'll do my best not having ever done the process myself You don't HAVE to camp out, but the roles left to choose from are on a first come first served basis, and new hires only have what is left after all the returning Haunt employees have picked through. Some rookies don't get monster positions right away, if someone applying for Haunt is offered a Blackout or Line Control position it is advised to take it. Lots of people drop out of Haunt within the first couple of weeks for a variety of reasons and that is when Blackouts and Line Control sometimes get a chance to fill those vacancies.

For New Hire it is best to print out the Knott's employment application and fill it out before you arrive at the park. Bring a pen, clipboard and something to keep you entertained. The first day of new hire is a VERY long day, with lots of standing around. So make sure you bring stuff to keep you fed and hydrated as well. It will be August and could be very hot.

To work Haunt you must be available every night it is open. This year the dates are September 24th through October 31st. Depending on what position you get you could be required to be at Knotts for make up/costuming as early at 3pm. Haunt closes at 1am on weekdays and 2am on fridays and saturdays. Be prepared to stay as late as 3am on the weekend, again depending on your position and if you are make up or a masked character.

All in all, if you can afford the time it takes to work there, i would highly recommend it. Lord knows if i lived closer i'd do it in a heartbeat
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast