Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Horrible experience at Knott's Halloween Haunt Opening Night 9.29.05

I know the tickets say "No Refund" but I really want to get my money back. Some of the employees who were dressed up harrassed my husband and I along with our friends. Without any provoking, they yelled at us and cussed at us. We were all underneath the only bit of light near a very small "stage" that had a chair on it. We were perched on the very edge of this stage looking at the map to see what other mazes we hadn't yet gone through, when an employee, dressed up for the Haunt, came up to us and began yelling at us to get off the stage. He literally got up on the stage behind one of my friends and shoved him off the stage with his foot. When my husband asked what the problem was, the employee snatched the map out of his hand and cussed him out for a bit and walked away. There were other employees around, also dressed for the Haunt who were laughing at us and making fun of us for getting angry. My husband confronted the employee who took the map and the employee again began cussing at him and harassing him. He finally threw the map into my husband's face and walked off, some of the other employees laughing and calling us all names.

I am so upset. It ruined my entire night. I want my money back. I asked another cast member (not one that was dressed for the Haunt) and asked where I could file a complaint. She vaguely sent me in the direction of a non existant offfice and I gave up after a while.

I'm thinking of calling up the management offices today to see how I can go about getting my money back.

This was a horrible experience for me, my husband and my friends.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Horrible experience at Knott's Halloween Haunt Opening Night 9.29.05

DUDE! So sorry to read about your horrific experience. Here's some info for you that I believe is current, I'd suggest calling the following: Jean Sims Director of Marketing 714-827-1776 x5127
    Do not spare any details - demand a full refund and letter of apology. If they are smart they will provide both along with the offer of comp passes and more. I'd also mention the possibility of contacting the Buena Park Police Department to secure information regarding harassment and assault....Hope this helps somewhat.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• e komo mai

You should very well be compensated in some way. They should not have shoved you off of the stage nor cussed at you nor thrown a map in your face. You should call the management immediately. Halloween Haunt or not, this is bad form in so many ways. Call them.

• insufferable know-it-all

Well, theatrical people can be very nasty about people on the stage, and truly, you shouldn't have BEEN on the stage.

However,

They had no excuse to remove you from it in such a manner. Their behavior was not even consistent with the usual harrassment that is the job of KSF employees (after all, they're supposed to go around and scare you). An employee should NEVER cuss at a customer.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Wow, that's terrible. I was there last night as well, it was super empty.

• Functional & Decorative

I agree with Morrigoon. A stage is a sacred place to a performer, and is not to be trod upon by those not using it. Also, keep in mind there could have been valuable equipment placed there, spike marks that needed to be kept in place, props set in place, etc... by being on that stage, you could have potentially ruined their set up for a show, or damaged sets. Even if you didn't see anything on the stage doesn't mean it was "empty"... many stages that appear empty are rife with crucial spike marks.

That said, they still should not have gotten you off the stage in that manner. Do complain--admit that you knew you were wrong for being on the stage, but also demand that the way you were treated for it was inappropriate. They could have told you in a nicer way.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Banned User

Did you not go to guests services and logged a complaint??? That is where you needed to get the proverbial ball rolling...

I have experienced simialr bad behavior at Universal Horror Nights in orlando and have decided not to go back again... it's been three yrs since I stopped doing that. many people use this "dress up" excuse to behave unruly and that's just the tip of the iceberg of the many things I have seen go on on these Halloween events... like pot smoking guests, too much drinking..etc etc.

It's "Mickey's not so scary" parties for me.

• Gay Man

Was this the stage for the "Hanging" and could they have been in character for the show?

• What have I done?

Hmm I admit that isnt a way for anyone to behave... especially Haunt monsters "We" know to never touch a guest these could be the various stage performers that are invited by Knotts to entertain the guests that come to Haunt. So they may not be real Knotts employees not sure how that is handled by Knotts.

"This guy!"

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN

I have experienced simialr bad behavior at Universal Horror Nights in orlando and have decided not to go back again... it's been three yrs since I stopped doing that. many people use this "dress up" excuse to behave unruly and that's just the tip of the iceberg of the many things I have seen go on on these Halloween events... like pot smoking guests, too much drinking..etc etc.
    I totally agree with the bad behavior at these type of events. It comes from both the employees and the guests. I've known several people who worked these events and heard insane horror stories about the rude things guests do. I don't think I could ever do that job after the things I've heard. Scare actors get physically assaulted by drunk guests all the time and one of my friends, while working a Mummy themed house at Universal was even set on fire by an idiot with a lighter (costume was all gauzey type stuff).

• What have I done?

While I admit some pretty bad stuff can and soemtimes does happen to you... I guess the best way to explain it is, its a work of love. For everyone bad guest there are at least 1,000 that are worth it each night. I have been assaulted, pushed, spit upon, and nightly shoved out of the way by some boyfriend who thinks i want his girl LOL. It is worth it though... "I scare because I care". Its fun... also there are black outs around every corner that you cant see that help to keep us safe by reporting any and all odd instances to security.

"This guy!"

• Minion

Nature of the beast. Filing a complaint probably won't do much good because everyone knows that Halloween Haunt is th biggest money making event of all theme parks, and regardless of any action, it will always be that way.

It sucks that you had to go through that, but come on, why did you even go near the stage? There's so much stuff that could cause you to get hurt... ESPECIALLY during the Haunt... Not justifying their actions, but just saying...

• Minion

In the past, I have contact Knott's Guest Relations via e-mail and they were extremely helpful. I used the link on their web site.

Also, I believe that Guest Relations is in the building to the right of the exit. It is also where they do Season Pass processing.

I was there on Saturday. I found their guest service to be incredibly nice. My girlfriend nad her friend ate at the sub sandwhich place out front and got a nasty case of food poisening. After several trips to the bathroom and nauesa not solved by sitting through shows, we complained. The woman offered us 4 free tickets for whatever night we wanted. Now don't go abusing it, or else they will be more pissy, but I wasn't expecting to get free tickets at 30 minutes before closing.

WOW, The Sux...

I work For Knott's, and I know of the stage you are talking about. It is in the back of Camp Snoopy, and is not used for any type of Show. If I were you i would call and complain to the Marketing person or even the Operations Manager you can call (714) 220 5255 and asked to speak to the Operations Manager.

As far as the Monster cusing at you this is uncalled for and He should be repremended for it. I know from working there that we throw guests out of the park for doing the same thing to the monsters.

I am sorry to hear you had sucha bad time....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast