Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Good News: Knott's Bear-y Tales Characters to return

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    Where's the Bird Cage Theater now? Any chance of bringing back the melodramas?

the birdcage was in exactly the same spot its been in as long as i can remember.

as to melodramas, you'd have to check knott's website
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Last time I went during non-haunt (2008), they were performing the cheesy kind of melodramas on a stage in the saloon building. Not sure if that is the case now, but it was at that time.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    the birdcage was in exactly the same spot its been in as long as i can remember.
    That's what I thought. The other poster referred to its "relocation."

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulhu
    Last time I went during non-haunt (2008), they were performing the cheesy kind of melodramas on a stage in the saloon building. Not sure if that is the case now, but it was at that time.
    I know they do little song and dance revues there, but I'm talking about the shows w/ the over the top acting and the audience cheering the hero, booing the villain, etc. (Steve Martin used to do those when he worked there.)
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Glad to hear we'll have some of the KBT characters although it's too bad they don't bring back the ride. Itís a shame the building is just sitting there unused. Harkens back to America Sings.

I have told a friend that a good idea for a dark ride in that building would be a 'Peanuts through the Seasons' ride. Little vignettes of the Peanuts gang during different times of the year, just Like Charles Shultz did with the Peanuts specials. I think this could be quite charming and relevant and would love to see them do something like this.

Went the other day to see a friend who was performing in the Calico Saloon Show and noticed they had the Bird Cage Theater open so you could walk into the lobby. Seems in the past when it wasn't being used they just closed it up completely. It was nice to be able to take some pictures in there.

Also, if anyone is going down there this summer make sure to see the ice show. Very well done and entertaining.
    Greetings from Disneyland California!

• steven.

Quote Originally Posted by JL Skellington View Post
    I miss Kingdom of the Dinosaurs (and the SUPER creepy Haunt ride they made it into each year)... BUT the best ride Knott's ever had and possibly my favorite theme park ride growing up was THE SOAP BOX DERBY... anyone remember this?
    Just another name on the growing list of charming and fun elements of Knott's that were replaced with coaster after coaster...
    yeah man that ride was also definitely one of my favorites!
    those were the days when they still had the dolphin show and the parachute ride too. Hahaha, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    It's hard to believe a company that makes planters out of classic buildings and turns a beautiful tranquil lake into a screaming rollercoaster actually cares about charm, but I guess anything's possible. I hate Cedar Fair for what was done to the park, but in a strange way I actually appreciate their efforts because they've kept the park alive.
    it's definitely a mixed blessing? well to some extent. it would of been nice if cedar could of found a way to better maintain the charm that the park had at the time they bought it with their new "thrill rides." it would of definitely been the best of both worlds.

i'm still so sad the water show is no longer there. man, i loved it so much.

:[

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-y Tales fan View Post
    It's the closest to have Bear-y Tales revived because i demanded with other long time castmembers to bring back the ride but now in a different form so I'm lucky with the other employees to at least do something for the fans like what we did with the reconstruction of the ghost town peek ins,Relocation of the Bird cage theater, and a few things.

Originally i wanted to reveal it Months ago but kept it a secret for Long Time fans. Cedar Fair thought people complained about how much charm is missing from the park so thats why we brought a few things back and work will be continueing a little to return the old stuff.

As For kingdom of the dinosaurs, Nothing of it is happening along with the building that Held Bear-y Tales and KOTD but you can find some of the figures sometimes in Scary Farm and in the Log Ride.

My Good Friend, Rolly Crump would surely be happy.
    well it's great that at least somethings been done to bring back a bit of the charm that made the park so enjoyable. so thanks to you + your fellow cast members! hopefully more is in store for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dlpostcardguy View Post
    I have told a friend that a good idea for a dark ride in that building would be a 'Peanuts through the Seasons' ride. Little vignettes of the Peanuts gang during different times of the year, just Like Charles Shultz did with the Peanuts specials. I think this could be quite charming and relevant and would love to see them do something like this.
    that would be fun, considering that the peanuts characters are such wonderful...well characters, hahaha. i wish they would do more with them.

this whole thread makes me really want to relive my childhood days, haha.
    i've got no strings.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    Where's the Bird Cage Theater now? Any chance of bringing back the melodramas?
    It's in Long Beach. By the title of Knott's Preserved.

• Banned User

Does anyone have pics videos of the beary tales bears in the new shop?

also is there pics/videos of the kingdom of the dinosaur figures in the log ride and at the scary farm events?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

You'll be able to find these guys in Ghost Town soon!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

I sure hope they pump in that boysenberry smell. I sure remember that fondly.

• Sock Puppet

Talking Re: Good News: Knott's Bear-y Tales Characters to return

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

Now the store re-opened with the chracters and the theme song! Check it out when you go to the Craft Barn Store!

• Sock Puppet

Here is a video of it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Rsf8wc9_g&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Bear-y Tales Have Returned To Knotts![/ame]

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Do you know if they are selling any books or items related to the old ride??

Great video BTW.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Do you know if they are selling any books or items related to the old ride??

Great video BTW.
    No.

It was 1 idea i suggested to management but they did'nt go through with it. But maybe.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It is a nice touch that they brought the bears back at all! But a sad reminder that there is no longer a family dark ride at Knotts.

Knotts really needs to get back to its roots as a family friendly park. If they think of themselves as the 3rd day for a Disneyland visitor they will receive far more guests than if they treat themselves as an Orange County version of Six Flags!

They need to hire a couple of the fired Imagineers, get some financing, do a major rebuild, and then relaunch the whole resort as something nostalgic, fun, and renewed.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Great ideas, Dusty. I really wish Knott's would get back to it's family-friendly roots. They need to bring back the charm and theme...and boysenberry scented dark rides!
    <o>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast