Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Talking Good News: Knott's Bear-y Tales Characters to return

The Knott's Bear-y Tales characters are returning to the crafts store soon. i asked the management in popular request along with a couple of castmembers to see if there was another way of bringing back the Knott''s Bear-y Tales ride in some form and now they will be soon in the new store tocome soon for the rethemed craft Barn in Ghostown with some new animontronics like the Horse and Cow (Gus and Gertrude). Be sure to check it out soon when it will be finished because some of our old friends will be back of KBT!
    Last edited by Bear-y Tales fan; 07-13-2009 at 07:35 PM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Good News: Knott's Bear-y Tales Characters to return

That is GREAT news. Good way to get me back to KNotts!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    That is GREAT news. Good way to get me back to KNotts!
    Yeah Preatty Soon.

Some or few of them will be there. The News was also Given by a user of Knott's Twitter.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Wait. I'm confused. Is this going to be like a character meet and greet or is the ride returning?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Wait. I'm confused. Is this going to be like a character meet and greet or is the ride returning?
    It's the figures going to be in the Barn where that dark window of the red little barn in the Craft Barn store is which will have animontronics besides the KBT characters.

• Goofy

now if only if they bring back the dinosaur ride. that would make it all complete.

• steven.

i wasn't alive to experience the bear-y tales ride but i remember loved the fun house that was in camp snoopy which still had the bear-y tales characters at the time.

i'm so sad that building doesn't even exist anymore.

:/

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    now if only if they bring back the dinosaur ride. that would make it all complete.
    this was my other favorite attraction at knott's when i was a kid. i would have my dad take me on it like 5 times in a row whenever we went, hahaha.
    i was so sad they had to kill the ride the way they did with that long stop/etc.

rip.
    i've got no strings.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

from knott's twitter page:
    Look for the return of these Knott's Beary Tales bears in the park! They'll be in the new Ghost Town Toy Shop very soon! Plus, the Horse and Cow (Gus and Gertrude) will start talking!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by a_shy_kid View Post
    i wasn't alive to experience the bear-y tales ride but i remember loved the fun house that was in camp snoopy which still had the bear-y tales characters at the time.

i'm so sad that building doesn't even exist anymore.

:/

this was my other favorite attraction at knott's when i was a kid. i would have my dad take me on it like 5 times in a row whenever we went, hahaha.
    i was so sad they had to kill the ride the way they did with that long stop/etc.

rip.
    It's the closest to have Bear-y Tales revived because i demanded with other long time castmembers to bring back the ride but now in a different form so I'm lucky with the other employees to at least do something for the fans like what we did with the reconstruction of the ghost town peek ins,Relocation of the Bird cage theater, and a few things.

Originally i wanted to reveal it Months ago but kept it a secret for Long Time fans. Cedar Fair thought people complained about how much charm is missing from the park so thats why we brought a few things back and work will be continueing a little to return the old stuff.

As For kingdom of the dinosaurs, Nothing of it is happening along with the building that Held Bear-y Tales and KOTD but you can find some of the figures sometimes in Scary Farm and in the Log Ride.

My Good Friend, Rolly Crump would surely be happy.

• "I Break Things"

It would be nice if the old charm was brought back to Knott's but with all the coasters I don't think it's possible! Cedar Fair wanted a thrill park, and they transformed Knott's into one. I miss the "old park" and I am honest about that. If they want to "fix" something... how about fixing the miniature railroad which is a depressing shell of it's former self. What about making a new Camp Snoopy bridge? How about a new FunHouse? the thing is these aren't "thrills" so they don't seem to care.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-y Tales fan View Post
    It's the closest to have Bear-y Tales revived because i demanded with other long time castmembers to bring back the ride but now in a different form so I'm lucky with the other employees to at least do something for the fans like what we did with the reconstruction of the ghost town peek ins,Relocation of the Bird cage theater, and a few things.
    Where's the Bird Cage Theater now? Any chance of bringing back the melodramas?
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• FastPass n00b

It's hard to believe a company that makes planters out of classic buildings and turns a beautiful tranquil lake into a screaming rollercoaster actually cares about charm, but I guess anything's possible. Personally, I find that Cedar Fair fills the same role as Michael Eisner did at Disney, majorly screwing up a company BUT at the same time actually having a company to screw up in the first place. After all, Cedar Fair did save Knott's from becoming a Wal-Mart Supercenter or Home Depot or Best Buy or whatever big-box eyesore would've gone into its place. It's nowhere near the park it was pre-Ghost Rider, but at the same time we still have a lot of original stuff to enjoy, whereas without Cedar Fair there would've been no chance of even that. I hate Cedar Fair for what was done to the park, but in a strange way I actually appreciate their efforts because they've kept the park alive.

I never saw Knott's Bear-y Tales (altough I most likely did and don't remember it) but Kingdom of the Dinosaurs was one of my favorite rides. I remember going when it was brand new and to this day I always go to the back of the arcade and find the exit door to acknowledge the history of the ride. It's so frustrating having it so close to the arcade area, and yet so unattainable in getting it back or even getting inside there. But every visit to the park I always make a sidetrip to the back of the arcade and find the exit because I never want to forget what was there. It's kind of a way to "pay my respects" to the ride by acknowledging its former presence too. It's cheesy to today's standards, but back in 1987 it was absolutely cutting edge.

I miss Kingdom of the Dinosaurs (and the SUPER creepy Haunt ride they made it into each year)... BUT the best ride Knott's ever had and possibly my favorite theme park ride growing up was THE SOAP BOX DERBY... anyone remember this? It was a four tracked racing coaster with some animal characters sprinkled throughout. Not super thrilling but incredibly fun for a wide age range of people. Add to that the fact that a different track "won" each time, made for many fun repeat rides.
    Unfortunately, it was replaced with the horrible dual coaster Wind Jammer, which has already been replaced with the fun (yet charmless) Xcelerator.

Just another name on the growing list of charming and fun elements of Knott's that were replaced with coaster after coaster...
    Yo soy Jeff

easytigercomedy.com
    artbyjefflee.blogspot.com

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by JL Skellington View Post
    I miss Kingdom of the Dinosaurs (and the SUPER creepy Haunt ride they made it into each year)... BUT the best ride Knott's ever had and possibly my favorite theme park ride growing up was THE SOAP BOX DERBY... anyone remember this? It was a four tracked racing coaster with some animal characters sprinkled throughout. Not super thrilling but incredibly fun for a wide age range of people. Add to that the fact that a different track "won" each time, made for many fun repeat rides.
    Unfortunately, it was replaced with the horrible dual coaster Wind Jammer, which has already been replaced with the fun (yet charmless) Xcelerator.

Just another name on the growing list of charming and fun elements of Knott's that were replaced with coaster after coaster...
    I remember that ride. I loved it. It was a 4 lane steeple chase kind of ride. The complex consisted of Soap Box and an Autopia like attraction with old timey cars.

I haven't been to Knott's in 10 years. I don't remember having as much fun that time. More rides I don't have the stomach for were going in. I remember Jaguar as being pretty new as well as the Hammerhead. The former site of Soap Box was behind walls as new, heartless rides took its place.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I REALLY miss the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs and also the Haunted Shack. Those two rides/attractions (along with Boomerang and Jaguar) were my must dos when I went to Knott's. This is great news though about returning a portion of a classic attraction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast