View Poll Results: What Maze are you looking forward to?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lockdown: The Asylum

9 15.79%
  • Terror of London

18 31.58%
  • Dia De Los Muertos

9 15.79%
  • Uncle Bobo's Big Top of the Bizarre

3 5.26%
  • Club Blood

2 3.51%
  • The Doll Factory

9 15.79%
  • The Slaughterhouse

0 0%
  • The Labyrinth

2 3.51%
  • Cornstalkers

4 7.02%
  • Other (Please Post)

1 1.75%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kate-e View Post
    i miss the Ring maze..
    that was insanely scary to meeeeeee

you must be thinking of The Grudge maze, knott's has never done a The Ring maze
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Went to the Haunt last night, I will post a full review of the mazes when I get home. I will rate the mazes now and will go indepth later on.
    (out of 10)

Slaughterhouse 6
    Pyromaniax 7
    Black Widows Cavern 6
    Uncle Bobo 8
    Cornstalkers 9
    Lockdown 10
    Club Blood 7
    Terror of London 9
    Labyrinth 8
    Quarantine 4
    Alien Annhilation 3
    Dia de Los Muertos 8
    Doll Factory 8

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I'm very tired. hahaha

• Minion

You think cornstalkers deserves a 9? Hm...must have been a LOT better than when i went

Kritter, which maze were you in? I kept asking tech and looking for you but of course had no idea what creepy you were! I got scared, but not as bad as I had predicted.

I actually liked some mazes (like Labyrinth) and we caught some shows which were great in my opinion. I loved the Inferno one, those performers are insane! Had a lot of fun and got to spend time with hubby so that was like heaven in a weird and hell-like Knotts. Happy to see a few mice chatters that I knew also! Had fun watching The Hanging with everyone and going on the Log Ride...my face got completely soaked! Sorry to split off after awhile but we don't get a lot of alone time w/o the kids!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I was in Lockdown: The Asylum

• former CM

Go to Knott's ASAP.

Forgive me for repeating this post from another thread, but I though it might help at least one potential Knott's Scary Farm guest.

Last night I went to Knott's Scary Farm for my first time, which was also my first Micechat meet.

My other friends arrived late and we went off by ourselves, but after meeting Norm and many other Micechatters before the buffet, I would feel totally comfortable showing up at a Micechat meet alone in the future.

Notes:
    1. The entire crowd seemed surprisingly nice, especially before midnight. (Really.)
    2. Going in Sept. and getting into the park early was a great way to encounter the monsters at their freshest, even if they were decaying.
    3. I'm an early riser and was too tired after midnight. (I got home at about 2 a.m.) Next time I'm out of there (or Universal) at midnight. I like what one All-American said regarding a fellow athlete who got in trouble, "Nothing good happens after midnight." Yes, I'm old.
    4. Preferred parking was well worth paying $3 more.
    5. The boo-fet was great! I ate too much
    6. I love all the monsters except the ones who hit things against the wall near my head even after I saw them.
    7. The mazes were mostly cool, but I could do without the misogynist touches like sexy dolls tied up. The Lockdown gave me goosebumps on my arms and legs, and I don't think I've had goosebumps in decades. De Los Muertos was cool. The clown maze made the best use of 3-D colors. London was creepy in a good way. Corn stalks are scary. Aliens in masks are not scary, and should be cut along with the repeated giant mechanical worms.
    8. At first I was annoyed by the "$1 for 3-D glasses" policy for three of the mazes, but I now think this was the best possible system. Had they been free, many people would have tossed them after each maze.
    9. The six "beer" women (three at two locations) who yelled out urging people to buy beer have got to go. That was the least classy move ever by a theme park. (Excluding the depictions of bodies chopped apart, of course.)
    10. Norm, even though I didn't follow your cult, your Micechat movement got me to go in the first place. Thanks!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I was in Lockdown: The Asylum
    I wish I had known that as I would have asked for you...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket View Post
    You think cornstalkers deserves a 9? Hm...must have been a LOT better than when i went

Possibly, but also when I went through we were at the front and all the monsters had "reset" and went after us. It was terryfing!

• "I Break Things"

One major complaint in several mazes was a lack of monsters. Were they short handed last night or did I just have incredibly bad timing. I found plenty of blind spots but no monsters. Another complaint was that most monsters I did see were out in the open using slam, bang, snarl tactics instead of actually trying to surprise people. While wall pounding is a great way to get attention the few blind ambushes I saw seemed to be far more effective.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    One major complaint in several mazes was a lack of monsters. Were they short handed last night or did I just have incredibly bad timing. I found plenty of blind spots but no monsters. Another complaint was that most monsters I did see were out in the open using slam, bang, snarl tactics instead of actually trying to surprise people. While wall pounding is a great way to get attention the few blind ambushes I saw seemed to be far more effective.
    I guess it's a little bit of both. It's the first weekend of the Haunt and more scaractors should be in as the days go on. And it could be bad timing of the monsters in the mazes. I notice they only scare people in some sort of pattern.

But when I went in Cornstalkers, almost every monster in there scared me! I guess the other factor is if they can see that you can be scared easily then they'll continue to scare you.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Sometimes I acted more scared just so that they would go after me... (I love being scared)

• "I Break Things"

I felt like a lightning rod for scare attempts... the "oh here's a big guy we'll get him". Unfortunately visuals and loud noises don't bother me, stealth and surprise do... so again to that one firefighter in Q a big "Thank You" for catching me off guard. I wish more "talent" and less mannequins were used. There was so much potential in so many areas. For example an actual guard pleading and choking in Lockdown's gas chamber would likely elicit more emotional response then some random dummy shaking. The same can be applied to various other mutilated corpses (operating tables etc.)
    Last edited by techskip; 09-27-2009 at 07:25 PM.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Sometimes I acted more scared just so that they would go after me... (I love being scared)
    See I have a lot of older memories of "Holy **** that Monster came out of NOWHERE", no acting required. I specifically remember watching 3 Werewolves in Haunted Shack make a Varsity Football lineman scream like a little girl. 1st chased, 2nd jumped down next to him as he was running and a 3rd "exploded" from the outhouse... it was beautiful, brought tears to my eyes just watching it! And to think it all started because #1 caught him in a perfect blind spot and just moved the victim along to the others lying in wait.
    Last edited by techskip; 09-27-2009 at 07:36 PM.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I guess it's a little bit of both. It's the first weekend of the Haunt and more scaractors should be in as the days go on. And it could be bad timing of the monsters in the mazes. I notice they only scare people in some sort of pattern.

But when I went in Cornstalkers, almost every monster in there scared me! I guess the other factor is if they can see that you can be scared easily then they'll continue to scare you.
    Yeah that is totally me... I had so many monsters getting me... I got cornered by Prostitutes in Terror of London, Had some guy follow me out the exit in the Doll Factory, and then had one follow me in CornStalkers, someone also followed me in Slaughterhouse, and the worst was that last room in the alien maze.... knowing I have a fear of aliens... I had 5 aliens waiting in that room before the ending right there in 3d and freaking me out... not to mention I was in the front of everything and there was no one in front of us!
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast