View Poll Results: What Maze are you looking forward to?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lockdown: The Asylum

9 15.79%
  • Terror of London

18 31.58%
  • Dia De Los Muertos

9 15.79%
  • Uncle Bobo's Big Top of the Bizarre

3 5.26%
  • Club Blood

2 3.51%
  • The Doll Factory

9 15.79%
  • The Slaughterhouse

0 0%
  • The Labyrinth

2 3.51%
  • Cornstalkers

4 7.02%
  • Other (Please Post)

1 1.75%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2009

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I felt like a lightning rod for scare attempts... the "oh here's a big guy we'll get him".
    I had the opposite but I had my 13 year old daughter a foot away from me on all the mazes. I get get the crap scared out of me a handful of times. Mercifully I didn't shreik like a girl.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    I got cornered by Prostitutes in Terror of London
    Sorry, but I find that funny.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Sorry, but I find that funny.
    Its ironic because I am gay... its like wow... 3 women propositioning me all in character and it was so spot on... LOL! But they kept acting all classy and creepy and wouldnt let me into the next room without somehow cornering me and acting all creepy! Then one made a loud noise and got me to jump and the others made some wild high pitched laugh in my ear!

Still the highlight of the night was Dustysage telling me that I make him look butch... LOL! I dont know whether thats a compliment or a sign that I might be a little too flamboyant because thats really just how I am in everyday life... yes I apparently have a swish when I walk... Everyone but myself seems to notice and Dusty is not the first to point that out... actually if I had a list... he would be the 52nd person to tell me that !

Still after going through my pictures of the night I still liked this nurse looking thing... could someone tell me if they belonged in Lockdown as a nurse or club blood... and she looked kinda Man like... was it really a dude?

Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

• Crazy Furry

Still after going through my pictures of the night I still liked this nurse looking thing... could someone tell me if they belonged in Lockdown as a nurse or club blood... and she looked kinda Man like... was it really a dude?

Hmm, that nurse looks a lot like Jeremy. For those of you that don't know, Jeremy was one of the only highlights of Lost Vegas. In the maze he was in drag and would talk in a very feminine voice, only to then drop it to a very husky voice for comedic effect.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

That is a guy.

He's in lockdown.

and he's my special friend. hahaha

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    That is a guy.

He's in lockdown.

and he's my special friend. hahaha
    My daughter absolutely loved him/her last year, she was so excited to see her again this year.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Ok I just have to say this... Lockdown was one of the Best mazes that night along with Bobo's... Both are totally different and Bobo's is awesome just for all the colors and the fun trippy aspect with the spinning tunnel along with the music... but Lockdown was amazing because it was loud, crazy, and the double wall thing really make you feel like you are inside a prison and not in a warehouse... Not to mention there were parts of that maze that I was very scared to go through... and thats a good thing... like that Gas chamber section I was like omg, do we have to go through there with this big massive guy in there looking like he is going to shank us... lol... and I really like the room with chains, the room with the clothes hanging, and the room with cells in the halls... very awesome maze all around!

anyhow... I took a video of the opening parts... I know that some people from here might like it... its mostly just me an my group but its pretty cool!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVLi4FkYWz0]YouTube - Knotts Scary Farm 2009[/ame]

• Addicted to MC since '08

like that Gas chamber section I was like omg, do we have to go through there with this big massive guy in there looking like he is going to shank us... \
    That was one of the scariest parts of the maze! You got scared when he pounded against the glass from the inside to the outside, then you turn a corner and then you had to go in there! SO SCARY!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    That was one of the scariest parts of the maze! You got scared when he pounded against the glass from the inside to the outside, then you turn a corner and then you had to go in there! SO SCARY!
    yeah... that was one of the scariest parts of the maze... I was literally freaking out a lot because I was like omg... he is waiting for us and he is so huge and looks mighty hungry... LOL! Like I think the worst part of it is knowing that you have to go through there to get to the next room... its just so intimidating... but it makes for an awesome maze... I give this one a 10/10.. it was like the best one of the night when it came to the scarier mazes!

Cool Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2009

I have been coming the the Scary Farm for years and it's been Great, Bad and ok. I am not talking about one area, just the general Scary Farm.

Doll House, It's been better. They changed the exit and layout and bad talent. Ok, not all of the talent is bad but THEY NEED HELP!

LOCKDOWN... By Far the BEST in the PARK! The Energy, Talent & even one on the Black out people (Security) Scared the Pucker Factor.... That Security guy, his 6'2" or so, a handlebar type mustache & overweight and Scary as ****. He dose not need a costume. (sorry dude) He stays in a black area and stair's at you as you go by. I have seen him Scare people from just hiding in a corner not doing anything. He knows how to hide well.

The Nurses... WOW, The gay dude, Tall and licks a sucker in your face and talks Creepy... The Nurse by the Shower makes this Snort that will scare the Crap out of you and that Big security guy standing near her just makes her scarier.. He distracts people as the go by and then she jumps out and snorts... Yikes...

The other Nurse are really good & SEXY as Hell.. for the most part. Look, most of the talent in Lockdown are good, some need serious work like the guy or ? before the shower in the PJ's and white shirt. Yeah, dose not do anything scary or funny... Some dude in a straight jacket who walks the floor in the Cafeteria with a mask with long black hair, he dose nothing but walk back and fourth and puts his face in someone else's... Needs to work on Talent.
    The window needs to be fix or put back in the gas chamber... Maintenance needs to fix the black curtains...

London... Great Maze, Talent is generally not good. They stand around talking not doing anything and not enough talent in the maze. Needs at least 15 more people and much more scary energy...
    Club Blood, Errr could be much better.. it's ok but----? Most mazes have to many bright lights and just not scary enough..

Go check it all out and post your comments...
    If they don't change-out some of the managers or staff who run some of these mazes then Knotts Scary Farm is going down FAST. I found-out that these people who volenteer for the Scary Farm are really only being paid minimum wage. No wonder the energy is going down the drain. The lock down people all should get a high raise.

I am going back tonight for the 4th time.

Can someone please tell me whether the shows have any dark days this year? I'm trying to get a group together to go on a Thursday and we like to catch a few of the shows. Thanks!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

A new poll by Knott's Haunt Myspace has been posted for maze of the year:

Knott's Scary Farm Maze of the Year 2009

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    A new poll by Knott's Haunt Myspace has been posted for maze of the year:

Knott's Scary Farm Maze of the Year 2009
    The two ones I found to be the worst are the top 2. Weird but ok.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Ugh, I was soooo dissappointed this year! The only 2 mazes that even scared me were BoBo's and Lockdown. The "Prize Rabbit" got me pretty good, but only because they came from the floor, and the Lockdown had the only consistent cast that were actually making the effort to scare their prey.

Sorry little pixies (from the Labrynth), but making stupid giggle sounds at people isn't scary AT ALL. Especially when all you're doing is sitting there talking to your handlers. The Dollhouse was extremely lacking in any talent, and the same for Terror of London. Oh, that was upsetting, I was so looking forward to London too...

This may have been my last year for Knott's. The "Talent" just isn't even trying anymore. Universal, if you do well this Sunday (which I expect you will), you may just win my Halloween dollar from now on.

• Minion

I just got back from a very brief DL/KBF/USH trip. I enjoyed it overall, but here are some quick thoughts about the Haunt:
    1. Fog and darkness with a few scareactors does not make a scarezone.
    2. Quarantine and CornStalkers were downright horrible. I have seen far scarier haunted mazes set up in the back of a grocery store than Quarantine.
    3. Bobo's was the best maze. My favroite parts of the event were Pyromaniax and Black Widow's Cavern. They had far more surprising scareactors than any of the mazes.

USH's Halloween Horror Nights is far, far better. They may only have 4 mazes (5 if you count Terror Tram), but the worst of them is better than the best Knott's maze. Knott's should look to USH and focus on quality over quantity. I will say that The Hanging was better than this year's Bill and Ted show.

If you want horror, go to Halloween Horror Nights.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112