California's Great America - Cedar Fair Not Happy

Cedar Fair is not happy with the way things are going with the proposed 49’ers stadium in their parking lot. According to this news report they dropped off their official complaint letter to the government officials the day before the official stadium proposal was to come out. Their concerns are warrents as well, as they are afraid about what will happen on the days when football games take place during the park’s more busy days and the effect it will have on both parking and traffic in the area. After all, there is already some established history as to the complications that arise between an NFL football team stadium being too close to an established amusement park as we saw take place towards the end of the lifespan for Six Flags Astroworld in Houston, and things never did work out in the park’s favor.

Re: California's Great America - Cedar Fair Not Happy

Funny, I was there during what could have been a home game for the 49ers, and the park was dead. I'm not buying this, "football games take place during the park’s more busy days". When school starts up, park attendance plummets. In reality, they're looking at losing one, maybe two solid days during Haunt.

It's pretty obvious Cedar Fair wants little to do with this park, and hopes that by complaining, they may get the 49ers to take it off their hands. While I have no idea how likely that is, CF has pretty much nothing to lose.
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Agreed. I was there on a Sunday in August when on the same weekend Six Flags was PACKED on Friday and Santa Cruz was PACKED on Saturday. We were done with the park in no more than 3 hours.

• Choir nerd

This will probably happen for Six Flags over Texas too. Although the new Cowboys Stadium isn't right next to the park (actually, the Rangers' ballpark is), its definately within walking distance.

Hmm, the Rangers and SFOT have seemed to coexist reasonably well for several seasons now - I wasn't aware of any similar real estate issues. Are there actually signs of unrest??
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!