Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Exclamation I Found A Place That Is More OverPriced Than Disneyland!:eek:

Anyways, I Live In Tucson, AZ, And I Just Drove Up To Phoenix, AZ With A Couple Of Friends Today To Go To The Brand New Wet N Wild. And I Couldn't Believe How Overpriced Everything Was. If You Live In Phoenix Though, It's Cheap. See, I Had to Pay $35 For Entry Into The Park, And The Season Pass For Phoenix Residents Was $80, Including Tax! I Couldn't Believe The Difference! And The Season Pass Had No Restriction Days! Then There Were The Lines. To Ride One Slide, It Took At Least 30 Minutes To Wait! And It Would Have Been Cheaper To Eat At The Hungry Bear Restaurant! I Bought A CheeseBurger, Fries, And A 28 OZ Soda At The Snack Bar For $15.78! I Couldn't Believe This! Anyways, If You Are From Arizona, But Not From The Phoenix Area, Do Not Go To The Wet N Wild Phoenix!

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: I Found A Place That Is More OverPriced Than Disneyland!:eek:

$80 sounds like a bargain but it's only open half the year too.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Wow.

This has got to be a record.

• Future Cast Member

Wow, we can go to disneyland with five or six of us and get all that food times six for only 30 dollars!

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

Man I thought Disneyland was expensive but wow...
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• aka the scorpion eater!

Yeah... umm... I go here every weekend and we find ways of cutting the costs down... who even eats inside of a waterpark anyways since the food is always sub par and overpriced... the McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Subway down the street have cheaper prices and my sister and I do this every weekend.... not to mention it gives you a break in your day at the most crowded parts of the day.

Still when it comes to ordering tickets online is the way to go... with tax the price it comes to 32 for a one day admission and thats on par with most waterparks like Raging Waters or Knotts Soak City [maybe a few dollars more but its on par]... And the lines for slides... they may be long but I have waited 45 minutes for the Dark Hole at Raging Waters when I was a kid, and one time the wait for High Extreme and Neptunes Fury was pretty long too in the middle of July... Its all about what time of the season you go and what time you get to the park... just like Cali waterparks when I grew up there were long lines for every slide... this means the park is doing good and thats nice to have something here in AZ that we can finally be proud of besides the crappy Castles and Coasters.

I am sorry you had a bad experience there, but I find the Tornado, Maximum Velocity and the Raft slides amazing and well worth it! The wave pool and lazy river though are leftover crap from Waterworld they should have either fixed up or refurbished but whatever... they rushed opening the season and still only managed to get it open on July 4th weekend.

Next season will be better... I can guarantee that... this season is a trial run... things are bound to happen... They are supposed to be building more for next season, they extended their hours due to the demand from the public, and they seem to listen to feedback.... I would visit their website and give them their feedback... thats the only way they could improve and they seem to listen to their customers... I posted on their facebook change about the need for signage on the slides and they finally went ahead and put some temporary signs for this season but I am sure they will get some permanent ones to replace those in the near future.
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I didn't see anything on their website stating for Phoenix residents only. What did you expect of the lines, heck they just opened. Sunsplash is $26.00 for a gang bang hangout and Big Surf is the same. Plus their season passes are $119.00 PLUS TAX. Heck Tucson's Water Breakers is nearly $20 (or $45 for season pass) and it looks to be about the quarter the size and pretty run down. Sorry you had a bad time, sound like it wasn't what you were expecting. Personally I can't say, haven't been there.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Next Time I Go, I'll Be Sure To Purchase Food Before I Go To The Park. And When I Purchased Tickets, I Asked The Ticket Booth Lady If Anyone Could Purchase The Season Pass, And She Said Only Phoenix Residents.
    And Regarding Breakers, In Tucson, People Do Not Even Go To The Water Park Because Of It's Low Maintenance, Problems With Electricity, And Problem With Security
    But Wet N Wild Was A Good Park, It Was Just The Lines, And Price Really Spoiled It For Me.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Hey Six Flags Magic Mountain charges $3.75 for a bottle of soda, Knott's is $3.50. Food is about 15 dollars (if you get a burger, fries, and that lovely soda). But if you think about it, they also charge less in admission than Disneyland. Gotta make up the difference somewhere.

Why Are You Typing Like This? It's Really Hard To Read!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    And When I Purchased Tickets, I Asked The Ticket Booth Lady If Anyone Could Purchase The Season Pass, And She Said Only Phoenix Residents.
    I will say I stand corrected sort of, their website contadicts itself. If you go to pricing there is no mention of the Phoenix only restriction. However if you go to buy them online through their site it is now a Phoenix Pass. I wonder what exactly they mean by Phoenix as Glendale and Peoria are within miles of the park. Are they eligible?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    Next season will be better... I can guarantee that... this season is a trial run... things are bound to happen... They are supposed to be building more for next season, they extended their hours due to the demand from the public, and they seem to listen to feedback....
    I will say this did shock me about the place. Opening late in the season without all the park done, plus Waterworld had a terrible reputation that is bound to carry over to the new park (most people won't get that it's under new management) I'm really surprised for the first season that they weren't promoting the heck out of the place to try and get people in the first season and hype it up. I'm not buying season passes for my family during it's initial season so that I can be a test subject for their operations. And I'm sure as heck not paying nearly $150 for a family of four in this economy for an 8 hour operating day.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    I will say this did shock me about the place. Opening late in the season without all the park done, plus Waterworld had a terrible reputation that is bound to carry over to the new park (most people won't get that it's under new management) I'm really surprised for the first season that they weren't promoting the heck out of the place to try and get people in the first season and hype it up. I'm not buying season passes for my family during it's initial season so that I can be a test subject for their operations. And I'm sure as heck not paying nearly $150 for a family of four in this economy for an 8 hour operating day.
    Well they initially had a target date set of late may when they were building it, then it got delayed again to late june, then apparently it got delayed to July 4th weekend... My sister and I were eagerly anticipating it opening and it never opened... I am surprised they didnt just leave it be for this season and just take the time to get it all right and opened for 2010... but still opening a new waterpark takes time... especially when it was a change of management and they needed to get clearance from the city on the entire park and not just a few slides... And I give them the benefit of the doubt because they did their best to extend the season all the way on weekends through all of September and all of October... And for what they have at the moment its a big step up from Waterworld and Bigger than anything Golfland has with Big Surf or Sunsplash... but I noticed there was a lot they still needed to iron out with the park when they opened.

Although, I read David Koeings book on the history of Walt Disney World and if I remember correctly the Magic Kingdom park and the hotels when Walt Disney World opened encountered the similar thing with problems in the overall management and execution of everything in regards to the first months operations and Wet N Wild has only been open for a Month... its just really a part of any new park in the first month of operation... it takes time to iron out the kinks in them and get everything running smoothly.

Although, there was a few things Wet N Wild needed to get going right when they opened that have since been fixed but were kinda annoying the first time we went there... I remember on the first few days they were open they didnt have Maximum Velocity open or operating... Apparently there was some problems with the calibration of the water pressure and it was giving riders too much airtime... then there was no Signage in line for Mammother Falls and Raging River.... well theres 2 lines and it was confusing to know which line was for which slide... Same problems with the Serpentines and the Superbowl which share the same line... everyone lined up for Superbowl and assumed you were cutting when you tried to stay on the other side for the Serpentines... this has been fixed after I and a few other people complained on their facebook page... there was some problems with the number of lifeguards stationed on the Phoenix Flyers and they were only running one of the 3 slides every other hours which caused a long line... as of last sunday this was finally fixed by having all 3 opened but then running a staggered operation on them so that way one person goes down at a time its just broken up between the 3 slides now... It also looked like they rushed a lot to get the place open as soon as possible including not having the laquered pavement like Sunplash has which keeps your feet from being burned to a crisp meaning you must wear flip flops or cros or something at all times... And theres new trees which have not yet grown added into the place... obviously these things will take time to fix themselves but its at least nice they opened up this season but there was so much room for improvement overall.

Also it sucks the season pass is only for Phoenix residents now if thats what people are saying and I can see why people outside of the valley would be ticked over that because thats totally not right IMO the pass should be open to all of Arizona because I have friends in Tucson and Flagstaff who would make the drive to come up here for it more than once if they could.... when my sister and I bought ours under the early bird special there was never any restrictions on where to live or anything but I am guessing they added this rule recently because they pulled what Disneyland did by offering a low price gimmick that everyone and their mother decided to take them up on as they were the new place in town and thus caused themselves a similar problem Disneyland has with the surge of passholders and having more passholders than they can handle.

As for promotion, they hyped the park all over twitter and facebook which they have over 8000 fans on facebook and the 652 followers on twitter, not to mention those pictures of them building the park and the topic I posted of this new waterpark down the street from me here on Micechat in the "Other parks" section which gained over 10,000 views and ironically was on a generic google search for Wet N Wild Phoenix... There was also plenty of commercials on TV for them and Azcentral did a news article about them opening up this summer along with adding a photo gallery of their construction photos... I also remember them listed on Screamscape and a few other internet blogs... Not to mention its the first major Waterpark for the Phoenix area so I am sure a lot of people became season passholders to offset their expensive price of the 1 day admission just like I used to do with Disneyland when I lived in Cali... It was cheaper in the long run to be a passholder than to make a once a year trip to Disneyland when we lived less than 20 miles from Disneyland... I know we opted to do the passes for Wet N Wild this year just because the one day admission was not worth it if they were offering the early bird special of $60 prior to the parks opening.

And I am sure when they found everyone was going to be smart [because great minds think alike] in this economy and buy the season passes when they were on the early bird price of $60, they probably decided that the revenue from one day admissions was going down and so they implemented the location rule on the season passes to try one of 2 things... Either get more revenue from the one day admissions which I think kinda sucks because I am so expecting the next course of actions would be to either price the passes higher to thin out people buying them or to start setting blockout dates next season or offering passes which would be leveled by Gold, Silver, etc like Disney does with theirs... Or the other thought is that they are trying to thin out the number of passholders for their park which would cut down on the surge of passholders that clog the parking lot and park to near capacity on Saturdays.... Yes those Saturdays can be a madhouse on lines for everything.... My sister and I dont mind the crowds but on Saturdays its like a Disneyland sized crowd in the waterpark and thats ok but it only means the lines are long and theres so so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    I will say I stand corrected sort of, their website contadicts itself. If you go to pricing there is no mention of the Phoenix only restriction. However if you go to buy them online through their site it is now a Phoenix Pass. I wonder what exactly they mean by Phoenix as Glendale and Peoria are within miles of the park. Are they eligible?
    Well I read the website and I can assume it would mean that the season passes are only good for the Phoenix park because they also have Waterparks under the Wet N Wild name in Hawaii and in Australia on the Gold Coast which is where they are based... the verbiage on the website when you go to order says "PHOENIX WET N WILD PASSES (For Hawaii tickets select Hawaii from left side menu)" which leads me to believe the use of the word Phoenix is probably meaning good only at the Phoenix park... and I wouldnt be surprised if the staff at the park gave you conflicting information on that because thats one thing I did notice... 2 different answers from different staff at the park... just as bad as the certain lifeguards there that choose to run Maximum Velocity as 2 individual waterslides by not letting both slides start at the same time since its really supposed to be a racing/dueling master blaster which by running them alternating and staggering the slides it defeats the purpose of racing your friends to the finish line on it!

So are they going to have any more construction once the park closes in September/October, or are they just going to update it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast