Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

USH-Cancels Fear Factor...For Good???

We just got back from our trip to the usual South-land destinations and when we were at USH on saturday, they had a "Closed" sign on the schedule board for Fear Factor.

We asked the folks at cust relations and one person told us closed for the season and the other said closed for good. No other explanations were given.

Any inside info here??? It just got started.

• Minion

Re: USH-Cancels Fear Factor...For Good???

USH is having major budget cuts. Fear Factor may re-open to help with the Thanksgiving crowds, but other than that...

Supposedly they might close Backdraft and demolish the old bridge on the tram tour also...

We noticed that the old bridge was closed. First time in 20 years of visiting the Park. That's a shame.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    We noticed that the old bridge was closed. First time in 20 years of visiting the Park. That's a shame.
    I didn't know it was already closed! I guess I better get down there and record some footage before they start changing other stuff!

We didn't see any reason that they should have to have it closed (repairs, shooting a movie, etc...). The tram just drove right by it without saying anything and we saw baracades up preventing anyone/thing from going on it.

Sad. If they take away too much from the tour, there will be nothing left!

• Minion

All of my favorite USH things are being taken away! First the Wild West Stunt Show, then E.T., now the bridge and soon Waterworld!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    USH is having major budget cuts. Fear Factor may re-open to help with the Thanksgiving crowds, but other than that...

Supposedly they might close Backdraft and demolish the old bridge on the tram tour also...
    Backdraft? I thought that was one of the coolest parts of the park.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Backdraft was also closed last w/e, but they told us for refurbishment.

What's next after WaterWorld??? JAWS LIVE! ...That would be cool.

•   
    • Minion

(Mmmm... I wonder if this means the Ren Faire parody "Faire Factor" is out the door too...)
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

wow.. I enjoyed USH's Fear Factor.. (Havn'e seen USF's..)

Backdrft is cool.. but could be changed to something else.. those old soundstages are valuable realastate for a new attraction...

Waterworld has been sitting on the chopping block for a while.. they are looking for a good repalcement first though... as even during my viewing it was packed.. (and i loved it.)

the bridge was used on my VIP tour on july 15th... was it closed afterword??

• The Candidate

Shutting down a brand new, marquee attraction does not seem like a good sign. With the new ownership of Universal, could the future of the theme park be in jeopardy?

• Best Buds

I've been to USH twice since Backdraft opened and still haven't seen it. I would hate to think it will leave before I get back again next year.

I refused to watch the"Fear Factor" show, so I certainly won't mind if they close the live show. I used to enjoy the Wild, Wild, Wild West Stunt Show. Fun and funny.

I've seen Waterworld at least twice (maybe three times). Does it still draw big crowds? I'd like to see something new in there, but if the public likes it, it would be hard to tear it down.

The old bridge is really fun when it works. It would be a shame if it went away.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• C4C6C

I think that USH needs to move away from shows and go more into rides. 10 years ago, movie making was still somewhat of a mystery. But with today's technology, people are more aware of how movies are made so what used to make USH an attraction is slipping away.

There is great opportunity to build rides around some of the major movies and even some dark rides.

The problem I have always had with the tram portion of the park is it is basically the same think everytime based on old movies many young people don't know about (Jaws, King Kong, reference to bionic woman on the collapsing bridge, etc). You get what I mean.

I am all for getting rid of the tram. It is expensive to operate with union drivers and guides who get to belong to the SAG. The guides appear to not be able to go off script and they rely too much now on the television screens in the tram. As your looking at the screens, the tram is still moving and you miss the sets in real life that were being depicted on the screen.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    All of my favorite USH things are being taken away! First the Wild West Stunt Show, then E.T., now the bridge and soon Waterworld!
    AS lame as I thought it was, E.T. was better than the roller coaster that is in their now. At least I could take all my kids on E.T. And what were they thinking with the locker situation outside the ride?
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert
    I think that USH needs to move away from shows and go more into rides. 10 years ago, movie making was still somewhat of a mystery. But with today's technology, people are more aware of how movies are made so what used to make USH an attraction is slipping away.

There is great opportunity to build rides around some of the major movies and even some dark rides.

The problem I have always had with the tram portion of the park is it is basically the same think everytime based on old movies many young people don't know about (Jaws, King Kong, reference to bionic woman on the collapsing bridge, etc). You get what I mean.

I am all for getting rid of the tram. It is expensive to operate with union drivers and guides who get to belong to the SAG. The guides appear to not be able to go off script and they rely too much now on the television screens in the tram. As your looking at the screens, the tram is still moving and you miss the sets in real life that were being depicted on the screen.
    The tram is the only thing interesting about Universal Studios. Regardless of who knows what about the movie making industry, there's nothing like seeing the set yourself or passing by when a film is being shot. You can't beat that. Sure, some of the younger kids may not know a lot of the classic movies, but today's movies suck horribly. No movie has matched the creepiness and eerie feeling of Psycho. I have yet to see a franchise as fun as the Back to the Future series. Jaws is still the best animal disaster film etc... I think they should beef up the tram...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast