• A Pirate's life for me!

USH- Boat from Jaws gone as well...

In addition to all of the other stuff happening (or not) at USH (Fear Factor, the Bridge, BackDraft, etc...) The Jaws boat from the movie and the set has been removed.

No, not the Orca, which has been gone for quite some time...

But Ben Gardner's (the other fisherman's) boat. It has been "hanging" next to the dock exposing the hole in which Hooper saw a head fall out of in the movie, was gone last weekend. It was replaced with one of those Wellcraft boats that have been floating around the set for a couple of years. I remember seeing it last June when we were there, but now it is gone (and for good, I would assume).

Other than the obvious (dry-rot, dilapidated, etc...) anyone know why???

As with the Orca, I guess they just take a chain saw to it and throw the pieces in the dumpster???

Maybe no one else noticed, but I am a Jaws freak and WE notice those things.

A sad day.

• keh!

Re: USH- Boat from Jaws gone as well...

i shall be there tomorrow and see for myself. i don't think budget cuts for universal is such a good idea... i mean, there's not much there to begin w/... they take one ride out and it's an empty lot.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, budget cuts...

Maybe you can ask the robot tram guide what happened to it. Hopefully, he/she might possibly know why???

Also ask about the bridge. It went unmentioned last week when we were there. It was blocked off with barricades and we just drove right past it like it wasn't even there.

Thanks!

• keh!

hahaha, if i do the tram today, they'll probably replace the robot w/ a teleprompter and we'll have to read the tour ourselves.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Yeah, budget cuts...

Also ask about the bridge. It went unmentioned last week when we were there. It was blocked off with barricades and we just drove right past it like it wasn't even there.

Thanks!
    I forgot where I got this info but:

USH is indeed rethinking about the park. The collapsing bridge will be scrapped. They will tear it down. It has become unreliable/ cost too much to keep fixing.

Fear Factor LIVE! is now a seasonal attraction. If you look on their website, it's not even listed.

Backdraft may get the axe. Although, supposedly its getting a little refurb soon.

I recently had a chance to speak with a USH sales representative/ manager in early September. I asked him a bunch of questions regarding the future of the park. He didn't say much at all. But he said sometime by 2007, they will have a new studio tour (hopefully with the War of the Worlds set as a more permanent addition).

And he said Waterworld isn't going to be discontinued by the end of this year. Even though it has been said the show will close. He said it's too popular for the show to close.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park