Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• "The Musical Quil"

Red Face Knotts Scary Farm - Is it really worth it?

I've worked at a haunted house for YEARS. I've met Haunt owners from all over the country, including the producers for the Knott's Haunt.
    Having done this all myself, I'm not easily impressed.

Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year. I wouldn't be doing it still if I didn't, but what's going to seperate this from any other show I've seen?

Knott’s is notorious for this Haunt but I've seen all the scares. I can only handle so many teenagers doing the same pop-out, intimidation, and creep/gross out scares so many times before it becomes repetitive.

I don't mean to sound negitive but is it really worth going?

• Circle of Ancients

re: Knotts Scary Farm - Is it really worth it?

Yes

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Never go into attractions with a pre-notion of how you think it's going to be (especially if you've never been to it). I've worked Halloween Haunt for ten years and when I hear about Haunt monsters going to check out Universal Halloween Horror Nights, then coming back and talking all kinds of trash, I question the reason they even went in the first place. If you're going to spend all that money just to critique the event... well... just save your money.

Go to it and have fun and enjoy yourself. Dont be a critic about everything when going in and you may just have an absolute blast.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• "The Musical Quil"

Good point. It also bothers me when my cast attends another show and critiques the whole thing.
    I'm hopeing and looking to hear good things, and would love to see something new.
    What is something I can look forward too? They have quite a few different mazes. Are they farely long?

• Circle of Ancients

Depending on the crowds, most mazes will take you around 10 minutes to experience (once in the maze). Some are longer, some are shorter.

Some of the best times to be had are in Ghost Town where there are no mazes but the monsters are free to roam around and scare unsuspecting individuals. Plus, we ALL know the best monsters are in Ghost Town.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Knotts Scary Farm - Is it really worth it?

i honestly can't imagine a year going by without attending Haunt, i dont' get scared personally very often, but i love watching other people get the crud scared out of them and see that quite often at Haunt.

and Clinks...a lot of great monsters work in GTS...but I'm kinda partial to The Gauntlet myself....and there's somethign really creepy about those klowns working in CarnEvil...awww hell, i just love everyplace at Haunt! lol
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

I have to agree with Jon.

A lot of the monster do a very good job and haunt is somewhat unique as its the original. scare tactics started here. Not every monster is a teenager but there are quite a few. There are many cool things that knotts does but if your going just see if you will be impressed then i wouldn't bother. Go to haunt to see the event that started theme park haunts. Enjoy yourself and have fun. If you love the haunt business then you will love knotts.

• Minion

Is is worth it? I totally get scared EVERYTIME I go! I am a huge chicken and Im always holding on tight to the person I go with! I know its not real but for that one night it is for me!!! Sure its worth it, you get a good scare, and the mazes are pretty darn good.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    a lot of great monsters work in GTS...but I'm kinda partial to The Gauntlet myself...
    I see how it is
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Race Car Driver

I went to the haunt........
    I Loved the haunt.........
    I would go again!
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Halloween Haunt Fan!

It's so worth it, just being in the Ghost Town atmosphere is what makes it for me and just hanging out watching people get scared nothing beats haunt it's historic, but i also have complete respect for any haunted attraction being on a large scale or small scale, anybody who trys to make the Halloween season fun is good in my book.
    Counting down the days to Halloween Haunt!!!! Knotts Berry Farm
    I love True Blood sundays!

• Addicted to MC since '08

I went last year with some friends and had a BLAST! Going again on October 3rd!

• Banned User

A word of advice.....avoid the crushing crowd nights like Friday and Saturday. And the closer to Halloween you go, the more crowded it gets. Several years ago we went on a Friday about a week or so before Halloween and it was horrible. Impossible to enjoy the park because SOOO many people pushing and shoving. At least 50% of the crowd are teenagers and 90% of them are on their cell phones talking or texting and not paying attention to who they are running into to. Go on an off night in early October when it is not crowded and it makes the experience 10 times better. We did not have any fun that night and left after only a few hours. Compared to a year ago we went on a Sunday at the beginning of the month and there was little wait and we got to see everything we wanted. It was a blast.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Last year we went on the Saturday the 11th and were suprised at the length of the lines and the overall crowd level in the parks. The longest we waited was about 30 minutes for the Doll Factory with a 10-15 minute wait for the rest of the mazes.

EDIT: The rides however were extremely long, so don't go if you want to ride the rides. Supreme Scream had a 110 minute wait.

• "The Musical Quil"

What changes are made to the rides?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast