Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Cedar Point's Demon Drop to come to Knott's in 2010

I also want to say there is a Deja Vu at a park in Italy ... or is it Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I ended up realizing that later. Still, nearly all of the other installations of this ride have been taken down. And I thought Silverwood was having trouble with theirs. Is that true?

Screamscape just posted that the ride may get upgraded to magnetic brakes. If that's true, it would improve ride quality quite a bit. Let's hope for it!
    Hard to say, it was running fine last year during the summer and most fansites say it runs pretty consistently (or should I say singular fansite )

I went to Scarywood just two days ago for the parks last day of opperation and it wasn't running, however that makes since because I hear the ride can't opperate in the cold and temperatures were in the 50's at most and it got pretty close to freezing when the sun went down . It ran a bit in Mid October when we got an unexpected wave of heat but honestly you can't use the October opperating schedule to guess how consistant the ride is running now. Most that go durring the summer get to ride.

Of course every ride at Silverwood runs single train too
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

The other operating "Deja-Vu" is Stunt Fall at Parque Warner Madrid, in Spain. Its painted blue and orange.

Looks like pieces of Demon Drop have started to show up at Dorney Park in Pennsylvania... quite the opposite direction from Knott's. Confusing!

Mike
    Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
    NewsPlusNotes

• Crazy Furry

Well Demon Drop being at Dorney park makes no sense as well, they have an S&S tower complex as well!

As for the Deja Vu at Silverwood, they only had trouble with the ride the first few weeks of operation. However Vekoma was on site, and after they removed the programs Six Flags put in themselves, and put in a couple current upgrades the ride began working incredibly well.

Right now, the ride is being run a lot better and more effiecent then it ever did at Six Flags. There were people that came all the way from Illinois and flat out admitted it on their own message boards.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

• The line's too long...

I already addressed this question, many times. Go back and read earlier posts.
    Yes, you have, but the problem is I don't think anyone is buying your reasoning. Demon Drop is the last of its kind because attraction technology has improved and moved on. I'm about as nostalgic a person as you'll find, but I don't have it for free fall rides.

TTD is amazing and Xcelerator isn't? Aside from the additional height, they're identical. I've been on both, many times. I actually think the Xcelerator ride launch is superior, height or no. The extra speed is TTD isn't really noticeable to me.
    That extra height on TTD is quite impressive. Xcelerator is not bad, but if Knott's decided to move, say, Silver Bullet to the back of the park and get rid of Xcelerator then I'd be fine with that. Boomerang is metal mess.

So Montezuma's Revenge should go too? And Speed in Las Vegas?
    I have no interest in Montie either, it's a one-trick pony that doesn't do much. It reeks 80's in a bad way (is there a good way to reek 80's?).
    Never been on Speed so can't comment there.

Uh... SFMM took out virtually all their flat rides, and do you know how many people are complaining about that? A well balanced park has more than just coasters. I'd also love to hear your specific ideas of how Pony Express could have been better themed to blend in, as well as the cost reports for management and budgets to peruse.
    I haven't been to SFMM but I'm glad to hear they took out virtually all their flats, they reek cheap carnie. The children's rides at SFMM are still mostly flats however. Even the new Thomas Town has a spinner flat for Harold the Helicopter. Ugh...
    As for theming Pony Express, how about some terrain... or is my pony able to fly?

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    Score 1 point for Knotts... I am so happy about this... Finally someone at Knotts has some sense to pawn it off to some other cedar fair park that doesnt have the history Knotts has.
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Please delete.

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    Score 1 point for Knotts... I am so happy about this... Finally someone at Knotts has some sense to pawn it off to some other cedar fair park that doesnt have the history Knotts has.

Just an FYI: Dorney Park opened in 1884. I think there's quite a bit of unaccounted for history in your statement.

Personally, I LOVE the first generation Intamin freefall rides. They're notably difficult to maintain, but I read somewhere that Cedar Fair has quite a few spare parts from recently torn down rides, which SHOULD allow Demon Drop to stick around for awhile.

I rode the Demon Drop at Cedar Point in 2005. It was the single scariest thing I have ever been on. Something about being locked up in the cage and I started to panic. I was screaming "Get me out of here!" I usually love scary rides. Oh well...hope whoever rides it enjoys it more than I did!
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345