Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Snow_White_Raven and Honor_Bound's Honeymoon Trip Reprt to Rome, Italy

Congratulations. Rome is one of my favorite cities in the world and I've been there several times. Last trip we spend 10 days there alone and still didnt scratch the surface. Let me tell you that this will not be your only trip there. Rome/Italy gets under your skin.

Great pics.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Just wonderful. What a perfect place to go for a honeymoon! So beautiful!

Congratulations! and thanks!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Giorno Numero Tre, per favore.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Day 4

Well I am sorry it has taken me so long to get another update up but like always things happen. We have been in the process of moving along with many other things going on. So lets get back to where we left off.

So the next day we woke up kind of late since it was now Sunday. We decided today we would follow the saying, ‘Do as the Romans Do’. So what do Romans do on Sunday? They head to the Vatican of course. Lol. So off we went to the Vatican to take in a little bit of Sunday mass in St. Peters Square.

The line to get in to St. Peters Basilica wrapped around the square a few times, so we decided to just stand outside and enjoy the atmosphere. It was like I was attending a huge international sporting event. There were countries being represented all over the place, foam hands, and even a marching band.

Then the Pope’s bedroom window opened and out came a banner. I figured he would be doing his Sunday noon blessing from this location. The closer it got to being noon the crazier everyone got.

Then just as noon hit that’s when the crowd full on erupted. Pope Benedict XVI came out to do his noon blessing. He must have done the blessing in 4 or 5 different languages. Every time he would switch languages he would let everyone know the next language and who ever were there from that location would erupt in applause. It was absolutely amazing to experience.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Zd2F2tLhs]YouTube - Pope Benedict XVI's Sunday Noon Blessing on October 18, 2009[/ame]

Once the Pope finished speaking, a congregation headed up the steps to St. Peters Basilica along with the marching band.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW26ZvHoB1M]YouTube - St. Peter's Square October 18, 2009[/ame]

After it was all done everyone started to leave the square. We decided we were really hungry so we set off looking for food. We very quickly realized that my knees were still killing me to the point that I was barely able to walk and everything was shut down since it was Sunday. So we called it a day and headed back to the hotel.

The End (..of Day 4)
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Day 5

After spending a day in bed resting I woke the next morning to find my knees were feeling a lot better. We still had a ton of stuff we wanted to do so we had to make the most of the last of our days. So we woke up bright and early and headed to the Roman Forum. The combination ticket for the Roman Forum was completely worth it. We spent a good 4 hours there and still didn’t get to see everything thanks to the large amount of stairs and because the Roman Forum is an active excavation site. Throughout our visit there we would find areas that we blocked off as they dug up the ground looking for treasure from the past.

Once we were done with the Roman Forum we discovered that our ticket also got us into the Coloseum, and even though we had been inside before we were unable to take pictures before due to a camera malfunction. I.E. we ran out of batteries. Lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QeU8ZmSGBk]YouTube - Colosseum[/ame]

After we finished up with the Coloseum we headed over to the Spanish Steps.

After sitting and relaxing for a while we decided to explore the city a little and get some better pictures. So we walked from the Spanish Steps to the Trevi Fountain to the Pantheon and back to the Spanish Steps. First stop was the Trevi Fountain, but first we had to get there.

Next we headed towards the Pantheon. This location seemed like the black whole of Rome. We tried several times and several different ways to get there and we never seemed to be able to get there. So we walked over and actually was able to get to this location. Unfortunately the lighting was horrible inside so a lot of the pictures are fuzzy.

This is the great artist Raphaels tomb.

After we finished up with the Pantheon we decided to head back over to the Spanish Steps by retracing our steps. Very quickly we discovered we were lost. Lol.

While we were stumbling through the city we discovered something I never thought I would see, The Disney Store!! I looked all over the store for something to buy but nothing was specifically Rome. So I wasn’t going to buy anything. I did find a really pretty Snow White Pillow but decided not to buy it, but I did decide to take a ton of pictures of the store.

After we left the store my husband ran back to the store and came back with the pillow I wanted but decided not to buy. I was soo happy. It was a perfect gift. As we were wondering around we somehow ended right where we wanted to be, the Spanish Steps. Once we got back over there we headed to the elevator to take us to the top. We walked around for a bit and then called it a day. Sadly it ended up being our last day of sightseeing since the next morning I could not walk.

The End
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

Nice TR with Pictures !!!!! i hope you liked Rome ? i've been to Italy but never made it to Rome . I went to Venice , and Vintimiglia near the french border.

i hope you liked the french lanscape when you flew over on both ways .

• love my friends

Loved it mandy

Friends for life

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123