Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Knott's Preserved Event - April 18th at Knott's Berry Farm

You guys were awesome!

So the big Knott's Preserved celebration has come to a close and I'm about to lie down and sleep like I haven't in months. Yet before I do, I wanted to say thank you to the incredible MiceChat community for its support and many kind words. Chris Merritt and I have worked so hard to not just write a book, but acknowledge and celebrate the incredible history of this under-appreciated park and its many designers. From farm to theme park it's a helluva story.

Today, no, I truly didn't expect the Bird Cage Theatre to be raided by the gun-toting Silver Bullet Cowboy. Nor did I expect to be deputized moments later. I never expected to be ceremoniously honored by the park's General Manager who gave Chris and I a ton of support throughout the full year it took us to plan and put today's event together. The audience's standing ovation was truly unexpected so was that emotional wave that overtook me. The love of 180+ die-hard Knott's history fans totally blew me away.

For years to come, I'll be reliving this day as Chris and I debuted a wonderful book to an incredible audience with a signing, a lecture, a chicken dinner, and an awesome panel discussion with many of Knott's great designers.

I am so thankful for the love, the support, and to MiceChat for spreading the word about Knott's Preserved and Knott's Berry Farm's stunning history (and the Catawampus is coming back!). You guys all made my day~! I didn't expect to make new friends today, but I really think I did. MiceChat thank you!

Eric Lynxwiler

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

We had a great time at the event yesterday and hope to get to do something like it again. There's a small article in today's OC Register about it.
    Knott’s history book nearly 20 years in the making - Around Disney : The Orange County Register
    Mike

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

It was a great time indeed, and a pleasure to go to...thank you Eric and everyone else involved, the book and event are both fantastic.

• Functional & Decorative

Is Knott's currently selling a copy of the book? If so, how many copies are available? And from which store? I may be stopping by today or next week, and it'd be great to pick it up them.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Is Knott's currently selling a copy of the book? If so, how many copies are available? And from which store? I may be stopping by today or next week, and it'd be great to pick it up them.
    I'll let someone more in the know give you a definitive answer, but since you're considering going today, I'll note that to my knowledge, the book was only there for the signing. I know the authors were doing at least one more signing event, and Chris mentioned in a blog post the difficulty of getting the small number of early copies printed, so they probably took the remainders with them.

In the meantime, the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Knotts-Preserved-Boysenberry-Theme-History/dp/1883318971"]book is available for pre-order on Amazon[/ame].

I believe Chris said that he and Eric would be at the U.C.L.A. Book Fair this weekend. Whether they still have copies of the book with them, I don't know. If you have the time and parking patience, you might check them out on Sunday.

Hello all! The Knott's Preserved book is on dry land and will be on the shelves at Knott's Berry Farm fairly soon. I'd like to promise that it'll be there this Saturday, but that may be asking too much of Angel City Press' delivery system and Knott's Merchandise department.

When they do show up at Knott's, look for them at Virginia's gift shop and in the shops of Ghost Town.

Thanks for asking!

• Functional & Decorative

I was there yesterday, and got my copy. They had about 5 out on display, scattered throughout the store, primarily displayed the at register counters. I can't wait to read my copy, it looks great!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123