• Iron-Clad Allie

Legoland New 4-D Theater Film... New Waterpark Ride Info

Clutch Powers in 4-D will replace Lego Racers 4-D. Spellbreaker $-D and Bob the Builder films will continue.

In other news about the coming 2010 waterpark, it's exact area will be 5.5 acers. Featured will be three waterslides, a family raft slide, lazy river, and play areas (including a big water fortress). Floating "bricks" are a new innovative feature that visitors will be able to use for customizing their innertubes. There will be an extra $10 charge for the waterpark, in addition to regular Legoland admission.

For a look a concept artwork for the waterpark, here is a cocept art rendering...

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal...expand-w-6198/
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-10-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Re: Legoland New 4-D Theater Film... New Waterpark Ride Info

Sweet! I'm going down in March, hopefully I can see some of the new stuff. Good to see this park really thriving!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Cool looking new water area, glad to see the park expand.

It is indeed nice to see that the park has been able to thrive and expand on what was originally built. I still remember going down there to the park before it officially opened when I was a kid for getting an annual pass in advance. I was actually #1500 to get a pass and I still have that pass to prove it.

• FastPass n00b

I remember when this place first opened, it was so desolated and had very few rides, especially for adults. But that was the fun of it, there was no one there and there was a ton of cheezy nonsense, you had to create your OWN fun. I went back a couple years ago and it's really changed now, they have tons of rides and new areas to do stuff. It's still fun, but the old days of treating it like an oversized playground are over, sadly.

When it first opened it almost seemed like it was going to be a small niche park forever. It's slowly evolving into a massive world-class resort, which I'm sure makes the residents of Carlsbad happy, haha. I had to drive to work a few blocks from that place and the traffic was already horrendous, and that was 5 years ago!

I miss the time when everything in Miniland worked, especially the trains because as a kid they were my favorite. Oh but i am very excited to see how this water park turns out.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    I remember when this place first opened, it was so desolated and had very few rides, especially for adults. But that was the fun of it, there was no one there and there was a ton of cheezy nonsense, you had to create your OWN fun. I went back a couple years ago and it's really changed now, they have tons of rides and new areas to do stuff. It's still fun, but the old days of treating it like an oversized playground are over, sadly.

When it first opened it almost seemed like it was going to be a small niche park forever. It's slowly evolving into a massive world-class resort, which I'm sure makes the residents of Carlsbad happy, haha. I had to drive to work a few blocks from that place and the traffic was already horrendous, and that was 5 years ago!
    The park has evolved and expanded quickly! Athlonacon. Creating one's own fun takes imagination... and that's an extremely important thing. Glad that you will always have the fond memories you do of it being an oversized playground". The residents of Carlsbad must be happy for all kinds of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by rollrcostrfrk807 View Post
    I miss the time when everything in Miniland worked, especially the trains because as a kid they were my favorite. Oh but i am very excited to see how this water park turns out.
    Hope you get to be one of the first to splash into it's waters!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!