Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Knotts Berry Farm to compete with World of Color with it's own show

I agree that this seems to be a media-contrived showdown rather than a real attempt to take on World of Color. Everyone who says Knott's shouldn't take on Disney at their own game should look again, and they'll see that they're not. This looks to me like a very Knott's-scale attraction, the sort of thing I'd expect from them (for better or worse). It seems to me that this is just an opportunity to do something new with the Peanuts license, create something to keep people in the park later so they'll spend more money, and give them something to walk around while digesting their chicken dinners.

I haven't been to Knott's in a long time (I've stopped to eat there, but haven't been in the park in well over ten years). But this, in combination with the various discounts they've been offering, would encourage me to drop in one of these days. Of course, it helps that I'm a huge Peanuts fan.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by Flealick View Post
    It seems to me that this is just an opportunity to do something new with the Peanuts license, create something to keep people in the park later so they'll spend more money, and give them something to walk around while digesting their chicken dinners.
    I don't know... isn't WOC an opportunity to do something new with the Disney license, create something to keep people in DCA later so they'll spend more money, and give them something to walk around while digesting their sub-standard Disney food?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

I dont know why people are so quick to dismiss this new attraction. It (if they carry it out as good as they did at Cedar Point) will look like a Disney Electric Parade (that doesnt move.) Its just as awe inspiring. The one at CP is themed to the seasons, during the winter scene snow falls in the form of chasing lights and soap snow (same stuff Disney uses at Christmas.) The summer scene has fireworks going off in the trees, fall flood lights make the leaves appear to be orange red and yellow, spring is the one section that doesn't really work (lazers and pastels.) All the lights change with the music.

• Ok time for cocoa

Was there today. They are chopping up the Camp Snoopy Midway. Making a fine mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The only shows that can compete with WoC are Fantasmic or WaterWorld.

The bottom line for me is, I will enjoy this new nighttime entertainment that Knott's is offering this summer! I will not be comparing it to what Disney is offering, because there will be NO comparison. It's like comparing apples and oranges...you just don't do it.

I will not bash this new line of entertainment that Knott's is doing this summer, but will embrace it and have fun with it. It is what it is, and it's something new!

Altho I do believe Knott's has gone way down hill since Cedars took over and lost a lot of it's genuine charm over the years. I still enjoy my time spent at Knott's when I walk around. At least I have the memories of what it used to be. And still, I love the ice shows they do in the summer and Christmas season. Plus the Calico Saloon Show and The Haunt.

It is a shame that the marketing folks at Knott's is suggesting their new nighttime entertainment is comparable to WoC. Oh well...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234