• ...TWO BITS!

USH rumor about Zorro show & Spider-Man ride

SOURCE: http://www.screamscape.com/html/univ..._hollywood.htm

2006 - Legend of Zorro - Rumor - (10/31/05) The latest buzz from Universal Hollywood is that a small Zorro skit was performed on Western Street near the candy store. A portable sound mixer was rolled in and quickly removed while the skit took place on the street and apparently there were quite a few management types standing around watching. Is this the end result for the Zorro rumor or just an audience reaction test to the Zorro brand before pushing ahead with a larger show? Time will tell.
    (10/28/05) Screamscape has heard a rumor from a west coast source that casting may have begun for a new Zorro themed stunt show. Certainly this would be a decent replacement to put in the old Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show arena that would fit some of the existing theme. This also fits in to some earlier rumors we had heard about the eventual demise of Waterworld (see 2007 below).

2007 - Spider-man / New Attraction - Rumor & Speculation - (10/28/05) This is just speculation on my part, but if the rumors about a new Zorro themed stunt show going into the former Wild West arena are true, then I’ve got to wonder if Waterworld will close in the next year as well. The Waterworld site is huge and along with the surrounding area, I believe the site would be big enough to squeeze in the large building required for the Adventures of Spider-man dark ride that has been wowing people in Florida and Japan. Plus the timing couldn’t be better, this would allow it to open in 2007 at the same time that Spider-man 3 hits the theaters. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.
    (8/27/04) Screamscape has heard speculation that Waterworld’s run could be over sometime next year, which would give it a solid 10 year run (Fall 1995 to 2005) if true. This opens Pandora’s Box as to what might replace it. While a new stunt show would only make sense, the large size of the Waterworld venue in a park that needs all the land it can get combined with rumors about a new stunt show elsewhere in the park could mean the demolition of the show venue. If this happens, virtually anything could replace it. In my mind however, one concept in particular stands out as something that would be a major hit if it opened in 2007... Spider-Man. This is just speculation at this point on my part, so don’t go spreading these rumors as the truth until we know the fate of Waterworld first.

I think the Zorro skit is to see audience reaction. If I do see it, I will go to guest relations and tell them to open up that Zorro stunt show, pronto! At least the wild west stunt show area would be occupied.

I like the Waterworld stunt show and its a big crowd pleaser. And I like the spider-man ride. I think the Spider-Man ride should go where the Universal Amphitheater is OR where Back to the Future Ride is. It can occupy some of the plaza space infront of the ride and take up space with the now unused store and perhaps the restroom near the Studio Tram Entrance. Even though I like the Back to the Future Ride, it's got to go. The employees aren't even trying to let guests know what the story is. They're just trying to get as many people through as possible.

And the Fear Factor Live show should be a Marvel Superhero stunt show. Coke Corner must be replaced with something else. And Backdraft needs to go too. Backdraft needs to be a dark ride. Cause there's already too many shows and 3d shows.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• C4C6C

Re: USH rumor about Zorro show & Spider-Man ride

I agree Backdraft needs to go. I honestly think USH needs to go to more dark rides. Too many shows at USH or walk through exhibits.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• ...TWO BITS!

I got an email from USH today:

Now Appearing!!

Zorro

From the film The Legend of Zorro -- meet the legendary master swordsman and his leading lady, Elena at Universal Studios Hollywood.*

*Weekends only

One of these days I check it out.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• A Pirate's life for me!

I got the same email, but no other information.

Teasers!

Oh well, at least it's something.