Suddenly the Pegasus - small Woody - was closed last season. Immediately there were rumours that the ride would be considered for permanent closure, and it would make place for a new ride. The Pegasus did not meet the Efteling quality standards anymore. Soon it was confirmed; The Pegasus would make place for a dueling woody! This is planned for july 2010.
Facts & Figures Joris en de Draak (Joris and the Dragon):
* Length: appr. 720 meters (each)
* Highth: appr. 25 meters
* Trains: 4 trains
* Capicity: 1700 pers./hour
* Max. speed: 75 km/h
* Manufacturer: CGI
* Minimum length: 1.10 m
* Costs: € 12.000.000 - € 15.000.000
* Story: Saint George - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
* The race can be viewed watching from aside (ground level?).
* Onboard audio
* Some interactictive element.
* A stage to honor the winners.
* When budgetary possible dragoneggs with little dragons in it.
The construction of the woody is coming to the end, and there are some small signs of theming. But more is to be expected. Some great pictures (incl. first theming (torches) can be found via this link:
http://www.vijfzintuigen.nl/Forum/index ... pic=9364.0
Here is an ride impressioin (incl. music) from the region television station (click on audio/video):
Omroep Brabant: Efteling werkt aan Race-achtbaan 'Joris en de Draak'
First picture of the dragon animatronic (http://twitter.com/msnguy90/status/14418612857). It looks HUGE. Left on the truck seems to be a claw. On the right a flange (kraag?!).
Update: Vijfzintuigen has more pictures of the dragon. It looks jawdropping!