Knott's "Seasonal" Passes

I am curious as to when Knott's became a "seasonal" theme park? I have had an Annual Pass for some years. My present pass expires in July. I just received a card telling me I could renew today and get a Knott's 2010 Season Pass for just $39.99 Does that mean there are no more Annual Passes being issued? When I inquired I was told that all their other parks were Seasonal and Knott's was just following the other parks.
    Hello--I believe Knott's is Cedar Fair's only year round park. When asked about this, the Information person didn't know what the policy is going to be after December 2010. Hmmmmm

Re: Knott's "Seasonal" Passes

Season Passes started this year.

When you buy a pass it expires at the end of the calendar year. Not a year from your purchase date like in the past.

Let's see now. If my Seasonal Pass ends Dec. 31, 2010, and I renew on Jan. 1, 2011, it would seem to me that I now have an Annual Pass that will always be renewable on January 1. Am I right? That would make it like the year that DL had a lot of Annual Pass holders buy passes that expired on Dec. 31 of each year and we all get renewal forms in early December.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by glowman View Post
    Let's see now. If my Seasonal Pass ends Dec. 31, 2010, and I renew on Jan. 1, 2011, it would seem to me that I now have an Annual Pass that will always be renewable on January 1. Am I right? That would make it like the year that DL had a lot of Annual Pass holders buy passes that expired on Dec. 31 of each year and we all get renewal forms in early December.
    That's the way I'm interpreting it. and that's actually a really good deal!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Functional & Decorative

For the record, this is exactly how Six Flags does their Season Passes. They all expire at the end of the year, no matter when you actually bought them.

I am a bit worried, though, because Cedar Fair (or at least Knott's) is not very streamlined with their AP processing. So the lines will be pretty ungodly come January...
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• "I Break Things"

Wow... that explains why the pricing is lower now... not that I'd want one but I feel bad for anyone who falls into that trap.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Wow i got one 2 weeks ago didnt know that.
    Last edited by knottslover77; 06-14-2010 at 01:02 AM.
    Smiley Productions