• Sector Two Droid Repair

Vets free at Knotts

I just read that Knotts is giving free admission to Veterns and a guest until Nov 24th as a way to thank our armed forces. Why doesn't Disney do this?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Banned User

Re: Vets free at Knotts

wow I think that is awsome!!! Yeah, why does disney not do this?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Disney has done it (or a variation). They had the law enforcement/military special passes (maybe called hero's??) a while back.

Knott's and USH certainly have been more generous with their offers though (multiple entries free, free AP's, etc...).

But it all is very much appreciated!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

SeaWorld and Busch are probably the best at it, offering year round freebies the last couple of years....

Here are the current offers from Knott's...

http://www.knotts.com/hot/index.asp

Tribute to Veterans - Now through Thanksgiving Day

Knott's annual tribute to our Military, past and present. FREE admission for Veterans or current serving military personnel and one guest with proper I.D. Plus purchase up to six additional tickets for just $10 each! Through November 24, 2005.

Fire and Police Tribute - Nov. 24- Dec. 18, 2005

Knott's Annual Tribute to Police and Fire employees. FREE admission for Fire and Police personnel and one guest. Plus purchase up to 6 additional tickets for $10 each! Valid Fire or Police photo I.D. is required. Fire/Police personnel must be present. Fire/Police badges must be accompanied by photo I.D. Government-only I.D.s not accepted. November 24 - December 18.

Offer applies to CHP, County Sheriff, District Attorneys, U.S. Forest Service, CDF and other wildland fire organizations, correctional facilities, U.S. Marshals, ATF, FBI, International Border Patrol and reserve/volunteer fire/police employees with valid I.D.
    Also, not yet announced, but has happened the last few years, is that both Knott's and Six Flags Magic Mountain gives a free admission in return for a $10 or more new toy for the Christmas Toy Drives, usually the first 2 weekends of December.

Great STUFF!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

From the Knott's Website:

Toys For Tots
    December 3-4, 10-11, & 17-18
    Bring a brand new toy valued at $10 or more(not gift wrapped) to donate to Toys for Tots and you'll receive free admission to Knott's.
    So Toys for tots + Fire and Police = VERY CROWDED Knott's.

We were going to go that first weekend in December for the crafts fair ... but we don't do well with crowds. Knott's doesn't handle them well either.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I think I'm gonna go on Thursday.

Wish Disney let Vets in for a spell for free. Would be nice to see.
    (even though I get in for free anyways...)
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Circle of Ancients

And I would just suggest to those of you who are Knott's or SFMM Passholders and do go to the parks those days ...

Give a toy anyway. We always do.

We'll be there for the Thanksgiving w/e during our DL trip. Thanks for the free tix info. We have done that in the past there, it sure helps the pocketbook! Two years ago, it was two free tix and $5 each for guests. It's still a bargain at $10 each!

• What have I done?

Hello,

Yes Knotts is very crowded during this time! I get in free (Border Patrol). So I take advantage! Its fun for my friends and co-workers (cheap) but very crowded. Also I did the Thanksgiving Dinner at Knotts. Loved it... I am unable to attend this year as our family is doing somethign at Black Angus? (no idea why). In any case enjoy! Take advantage of the cheap - free tix for thos eof you who can, if lines are too long just stroll around the park it is still somewhat of a fun environment even with a giant coaster looming above. You can barely hear it! Creepy!

"This guy!"

Yeah, when we were at Knott's two years ago, it was with the free tix and it was the day after T-Day. We ate at the chicken restaurant (of course) and they still had the T-Day place mats on the tables. Looked like a great feast!

PD myself, so it is nice to get the freebies once in a while...

The Border Patrol must be an interesting career. And I bet a frustrating one!

See ya!

• Banned User

I'm going for the toy drive thing. It would suck if there's a big crowd but oh well, I haven't been to Knotts in a year or more and I like the atmosphere there alot.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Knott's does a really nice job with Christmas, I like the Christmas plays they offer at the Bird Cage Theater, adds a nice touch!!!

By the way, here is another set of folks that get free admission to Knott's...

County Welfare, Human & Public Social Services Tribute 11/24-12/18/05

Knott's offers one FREE admission to County Welfare, Human and Public Social Services Employees plus one guest November 24 through December 18. Plus purchase up to six tickets for just $10 each. Must show valid county I.D. at Knott's turnstile.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com