Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Addicted to MC since '08

Re: Knott's Halloween Haunt 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i'd be more excited about Fallout Shelter if it wasn't in 3D
    I was thinking that too - but then I remembered how much I LOVED Dia de los Muertos and that was in 3-D as well. So who knows. That's the problem with the 3-D mazes - it's a fine line to cross before it starts feeling "cheap" (Alien Annihilation). But I'm hoping Fallout Shelter will be similar to Dia de Los Muertos in terms of set design and color use.

I watched that Haunt Makers video on the creation of Virus Z - and it does look like it'll be pretty cool. She mentioned how at the beginning of the maze there'd be fewer zombies, and as you hurry to the school gym for protection the zombie numbers keep increasing - even to the point where the zombies have taken over the gym. Sounds awesome! I'm hoping we'll feel a sense of urgency and panic in this maze - similar to how I felt during Lockdown last year.

But yeah, I'm excited! Going on the 25th!

• Addicted to MC since '08

I don't think these were posted here already - but here's the three Haunt Makers 2010 videos, and the middle video is the one that talks about Virus Z. The first one talks about Sleepy Hollow and Necropolis. The final one talks about Fallout Shelter.

YouTube - Haunt Makers 2010 Todd Faux

YouTube - Haunt Makers 2010 Brooke Walters Virus Z *SPOILER ALERT!*

YouTube - Haunt Makers 2010 Dan Miller Fallout Shelter

This will be my first time going to Knott's Scary Farm, and I'm super excited! My friend and I are heading down on October 9th. I just bought the tickets through MiceChat for the Behind the Screams Tour and Show Night. I went through the whole process and after I was done it said thank you, without giving me any further information. Will they send the tickets to me directly? What about the tshirts and mugs? Will we get those when we get there? Thanks for any info I can get!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by lolal19 View Post
    This will be my first time going to Knott's Scary Farm, and I'm super excited! My friend and I are heading down on October 9th. I just bought the tickets through MiceChat for the Behind the Screams Tour and Show Night. I went through the whole process and after I was done it said thank you, without giving me any further information. Will they send the tickets to me directly? What about the tshirts and mugs? Will we get those when we get there? Thanks for any info I can get!

glad to hear you'll be joining us on the 9th! if you check the first page of this thread Fishbulb (intrepid leader that he is!) has posted the schedule of events for that day, including what time to meet up to receive your tickets. As to tshirts and mugs, i'm not sure since we had to skip those ourselves after looking at how much we've already spent for this season to attend both West Coast and East Coast events :}
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Talking Re: Knott's Halloween Haunt 2010!

glad to hear you'll be joining us on the 9th! if you check the first page of this thread Fishbulb (intrepid leader that he is!) has posted the schedule of events for that day, including what time to meet up to receive your tickets. As to tshirts and mugs, i'm not sure since we had to skip those ourselves after looking at how much we've already spent for this season to attend both West Coast and East Coast events :}
    Thanks Elly, I'm somehow not finding Fishbulb in this thread. Since this is my first time using the forum as well, could you point me in the right direction? I looked on all three pages of this thread, and didn't find Fishbulb at all.
    Thanks!

http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...2-oct-9th.html

first post has the complete schedule for the weekend(s) of horror. Make sure your looking at the correct event date.

P.s... 2 days 4 hours ;p

Thank you so much Lane! I'll figure all of this stuff out eventually.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by lolal19 View Post
    Thank you so much Lane! I'll figure all of this stuff out eventually.

thanks from me too Lane! speaking of you, working Haunt again? if so, where?

and lolal19, welcome to the boards! sorry i wasn't around earlier to help you out sooner, see you on the 9th!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Goofy

bad news, i won't be able to go. lousy saturday morning work schedule lol. oh well maybe next year. have fun everyone.

• Some imagination, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie89 View Post
    Can someone describe to me Knotts Scary farm? I've never been there always have gone too universal.
    To describe it comparing Universal to Knott's, Universal is more about elaborate sets and vignettes. It's like they're really placing you in a movie and it assaults all your senses. The monsters there are more of your typical slasher monsters.

Knott's is a little less elaborate, but I think it's more humorous and shock based. For example, in one maze at the end, there was this huuuuge monster and he...gave hugs to everyone as they exited the maze. They also like to play with you more and I've had a lot of laugh-out-loud memorable moments at Knott's. The biggest thing I'll remember from Universal are chainsaws, chainsaws, chainsaws and some stranger grabbing me really hard out of fear.

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd definitely go to Knott's every time. They always guarantee you a really awesome time and the waits are DEFINITELY not as long as Universal's because there's more mazes so the crowds are spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    What's everybody's 3 things they're looking forward to the most?

1. Sleepy Hollow Mountain
    2. Fallout Shelter
    3. The Hanging (speaking of which, who do you think the Hanging Victim will be?)
    1. Fallout
    2. Fallout
    3. Fallout

1 day 7 hours til I'll be at the Haunt! CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!

I'm so excited!

Can't wait for: Sleepy Hollow, Fallout Shelter, and Virus Z...these rides/mazes look like they're going to be a HUGE improvement over the past couple of years.

Also, I sincerely hope The Hanging gets back to being on its A game. The past 4 years or so, since they've added the "Executioner" crazed maniac guy in a half mask, its just not funny. I really enjoyed it when it was just the sheriff and the deputy killing everyone on stage. The content has gone from witty satire to awful, unfunny parody. Please bring back The (good) Hanging.

thanks from me too Lane! speaking of you, working Haunt again? if so, where?
    Your welcome. yes, i've moved to Virus z. I'll be playing on my slide.
    26 hours till haunt opens ;p

Slightly off topic...

Anyone know where I can listen to that eerie, howling wind noise anywhere on the interwebs? I've been looking for quite some time. There's just something about that noise that really puts me in the mood for haunt!

• A Malice in Wonderland...

Going on Sunday, haven't been in years, pretty darn stoked.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Some imagination, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by THE1andonlyAUZ View Post
    Slightly off topic...

Anyone know where I can listen to that eerie, howling wind noise anywhere on the interwebs? I've been looking for quite some time. There's just something about that noise that really puts me in the mood for haunt!
    There's a bunch up on YouTube. Just listened and it totally does!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast