• "I Break Things"

T&T Laguna Drum Circle

After the San Diego Highland Games ( our TR http://micechat.com/forums/other-the...es-2010-a.html) we stopped for a bite of pizza. For anyone traveling the 78 there is a place called "That Pizza Place"... you can find directions online. Best pizza out there! Food taken care of we made a final stop along PCH at Aliso Creek for the Laguna Drum Circle
    La Vida Laguna - Free Full Moon Drum Circle in Laguna Beach, CA

Amazing sunset

The Saturday circles are always crowded. In this case we arrived at dusk and still had to park across the street at Aliso Creek.

The family gathered for some music

As the sun sets the music begins, no set music they just make it up as they go. Everyone can bring an instrument and participate.

It gets loud enough that you can hear it at the very edges of the beach parking lot.

All kinds of drums and instruments, sand between your toes, and a flickering fire to enjoy.

This is the sounding bowl. Initially it is rung like a bell, then the pedal is run around the edges making a very unique sound.

Just an amazing sunset.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

Re: T&T Laguna Drum Circle

She had a plastic Easter egg so she filled it halfway with sand!

really an amazing experience.

rockin out

yes even baby got into the drumming!

At one point people began dancing. I wouldn't let them near the fire but I allowed them to dance on the outer circle.

The drummer on the left is one of about 5 who had them in a circle pounding drums... they had so much fun. My son didn't want to go out there.

A final parting shot.

For anyone planning to go the website has the dates. My wife and I try to make it as often as we can. Parking is just $1 an hour. Since it starts around sunset the most you'll pay is about $3 for parking. The "beach side" of PCH is usually full so we recommend Aliso Creek across the street. Bring blankets, jackets, and a flashlight (there is a tunnel under PCH so you don't need to walk across it). It is family friendly, with lots of adults and kids ranging in age from babies to teens.

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

It looks like you had a good time! I have done drum circle with the Rave Drum Foundation! The founder of thr foundation is Rick Allen from Def Leppard! I always feel a great sensation come over me after a drum circle!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    After the San Diego Highland Games we stopped for a bite of pizza. For anyone traveling the 78 there is a place called "That Pizza Place"... you can find directions online. Best pizza out there!
    Was your stop at That Pizza Place random, Tech, or had you been there before? It's actually my very favorite pizza in the whole wide world! We live just about five minutes away.
    Rick

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    Was your stop at That Pizza Place random, Tech, or had you been there before? It's actually my very favorite pizza in the whole wide world! We live just about five minutes away.
    That stop was planned, and long overdue. We had wanted to stop on the way back from Wild Animal Park or SD Zoo but every time we tried the kids were asleep.