Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

GBR's BIG! GIGANTIC! New York Trip Report! 6-23 to 7-7

Why did we go to New York you ask? well...

my brother (the dude in my avatar) plays on a travel baseball team, and they had qualified to play in Cooperstown, NY in Cooperstown Dreams Park, which i guess is like the Little League World Series, but you don't really know who is truly the best cause they have the same tournament of 100 teams every week.

ANYWAYS!

June 23rd, 2010

so we drove up to Sacramento and flew a red eye from there to JFK (worse thing ever!)

June 24th, 2010

got into JFK at about 6:30 am. once we got our rental car, we realized "now what do we do?" cause sure we could go into the city, but what do we do in the city?

well....we got lost. and ended up in long island. so we were all getting hungry and irritated so we went looking for a place to eat (thank you GPS, i think) and found a diner. i forgot the name but it had something with eggery in it.let me say...diners, like actual diners, are really interesting....cause it's like "you sit, you order, you eat, you go." i really liked it! the food came in within like 5 minutes of us ordering it and the check came 5 minutes afterwards, so there was no waiting for anything!!

ok well after that we went into the city, and stupid me, i didn't think to take pictures, i was too tired, i didn't sleep, and really, the only thing we saw was trump tower, but on our way to albany, we got stuck in traffic, but we did fiiiiind..... (hey look, finally my first picture!)

yankee stadium! we did think about going to a game, but the prices cost as much as a Disneyland ticket, so no. plus we're not really yankee fans.

anyways, our 2 hour drive to albany ended up taking 4 hours just because of the nasty traffic we got into, and the toll booths! my goodness those things are everywhere!!

well eventually we finally get to albany, stayed at hampton inn and suites in downtown albany, and it was the nicest hotel we ever stayed at! they called us about either 20 minutes after getting to our room or 2 hours afterwards asking us how everything was and if we needed anything. like really, they actually cared for us! we liked it.

so we were hungry again, and since we didn't get any nyc pizza, we figured "well albany pizza wouldn't be so bad." and we found a pizza place within a block of our hotel, so we walked, and it was good! i wish i had some now.

we were told that the backstreet boys were playing a concert by the hudson(?) river, but we found a flyer and it ended up being boyz II men. me and my dad still went, but after waiting 20 minutes in the humidity and beer and cigarettes, we couldn't take it anymore and left.

and i found this on our way to the concert

a little piece of history that i thought was super duper cool...

so then we went back to the hotel, and watched wipeout (i remember that cause i thought it was so cool i was watching it before all my friends)

ok well that's all for now! i needed to get this started before i lose memory of stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Future Disney Imagineer

Re: GBR's BIG! GIGANTIC! New York Trip Report! 6-23 to 7-7

Wow that was great so far!!! I bet the red eye and the travel there sucked though lol I can't wait to hear for more!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great start!! Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yay Long Island! And diners really are that magical! lol
    Sounds like a great trip.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Not a NY Yankees fan? My motto is, "If you are gonna be a fan, might as well route for the best ball team in the World, America's Team, the NY Yankees"!
    But really, my Dad grew up in the Bronx and my whole family, minus my Mom and one Sister lives in NY, CT, and MD, and I have been to "the city", numerous times and it never gets old. I would not want to live there my self, but it is definalty some place to visit, for the History, Shopping, Buildings, ETC. Just thinking about my Grandparents coming there on a ship gives me chills. And, contrary to what some might say New Yorkers are some of the nicest people around!
    And, go Yankees!
    Jewish American Disney Princess

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Sounds like you had fun. Thanks for sharing!

Ah...NYC. I lived in northern New Jersey for 18 months (my in-laws are still there so we go back to visit) and made quite a few trips to 'the city'. I'm not a fan.

And the Yankees...fahgeddaboutit. I HATE the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by JADP View Post
    Not a NY Yankees fan? My motto is, "If you are gonna be a fan, might as well route for the best ball team in the World, America's Team, the NY Yankees"!
    But really, my Dad grew up in the Bronx and my whole family, minus my Mom and one Sister lives in NY, CT, and MD, and I have been to "the city", numerous times and it never gets old. I would not want to live there my self, but it is definalty some place to visit, for the History, Shopping, Buildings, ETC. Just thinking about my Grandparents coming there on a ship gives me chills. And, contrary to what some might say New Yorkers are some of the nicest people around!
    And, go Yankees!
    oh well my family is born and raised a Dodger fan, so it's not that we don't like the Yankees, we just....eh. we don't care cause we love our Dodgers!

and thank you all for the wonderful replies! i'm gonna start my next part right now!

June 25th, 2010

So we packed up our bags and made our way from Albany to Cooperstown. we did get a late start, and missed out on the continental breakfast oh darn! (she said sarcastically) and after taking the scenic route, we ran into a teeny tiny little town with another diner!

but by the time we got there, it was lunch time, so i just went straight to lunch and got me a philly cheesesteak, and boy was it gooooood....a little cheesy though but still good....and once again the diner was just as awesome as the last one, and the waitress definitely talked to us as if she knew us and it was so sweet to see!

and then we take the scenic route, and seriously, i found a meadow that could have seriously look like it came out of Twilight, it was really something, but i could get the picture in time cause it's hard to take the camera out while in aww...

well about an hour later, we reach Cooperstown!! and the first thing we did? THE BASEBALL HALL OF FAME!!!!!

check it, they actually have the standings at that day! and my brother was taking a peek, it was awesome i love it! but i hate to take a picture of the giants beating the Dodgers at the time, but i had no choice. and i see me!

they had banners outside the hall of fame of the people being inducted into the hall of fame this year. and i just saw a commercial of it. starting crying. no joke.

ok so i'm trying out a new browser and i was just checking to see if the pictures would come out. it did. moving on.

and then we get inside, and there's guys to open the doors for you!

WARNING: most pictures will be Dodgers related, cause i love Dodgers. Angels are ok.

just a picture.thought it was interesting since we haven't seen anything yet.

old baseball stuff!

to be honest, i forgot what this was.

one of the greatest pictures ever (IMO)

Brooklyn Dodgers!! (excuse the tv reflection)

this wall was like 10 feet wide, i had to stand back pretty far to get this

a little closer to this stuff

ok i couldn't ignore the yankees in new york so there you go yankees fans

Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig

i thought this was kinda cool, the whole batting average resembled in baseballs

i'm pretty sure if you haven't seen "A League of Their Own" then you may not have known about women in baseball

Dodgers! and....cardinals....random imo

Sandy Koufax, boy i sure would have loved to seen him play

more Dodgers!

so there was an exhibit for the teams of this year and stuff, so i got pictures of teams i know people here are fans of

First the Angels (the only team to not have a jersey in their "locker")

then the Yankees (don't worry, they weren't next to each other)

and the DODGERS!!!!!!

this looked pretty rad

another photo (yankee stadium)

my dad and brother watching "who's on first?"

hahaha, of all the things they could put in one case (really there were no rivals in one case, probably a good thing )

life size statue of Babe Ruth

the official plaque that puts you in the hall of fame....thing. i have a few others if you want me to put them up as well.

"National Baseball Hall of Fame and Mvsevm"

so then we were suppose to meet our team at a local ice cream place near the dreams park, a little meeting, just to know what's going on and stuff, then we got settled into our rental house! we shared with 2 other families, since my dad (assistant coach) and brother were staying in the bunks the dreams park provides for them. and this was the backyard view from our deck

pretty isn't it?

and that concludes this day!!!

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

So this is where you have been this whole time! Nice to have you back!
    Good so far!

That's so awesome! You cried? Awww...

I snickered at the twilight meadow , ana that's so cool you went to the Hall of Fame! Glad you had fun

Oh I just saw the 3rd post, and wow, the old baseball stuff and pictures look awesome, especially the old women's uniforms. and your backyard view was very beautiful!

• or CBF

Looks like you had fun!

My brother played at the Dreams Park last year. Between the tournament, the Hall of Fame, and NYC, it was one of the best family trips we've ever taken.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• mountains beyond mtns.

Thanks for the great TR, GBR!

I especially like seeing all the stuff of Jackie Robinson, one of the greatest Bruins ever

•   
    • Kerplookee

My favorite Hall of Fame photo is the one in focus.

Great photos...can't wait for the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast