Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• mountains beyond mtns.

The Wonderful World of Queues : A San Diego Queue-mic Con TR presented by brand42

I have finally made it back from San Diego and am proud to present to you the Wonderful World of Queues from the San Diego Queue-mic Convention!

What's that? You were expecting comics?

Not a whole lot of action going on there

But if you're looking for lines and crowds, you've come to the right place!

In our next installment, we take a look at my first night in San Diego plus an exclusive preview of the new Marvel toys coming to a Disney gift shop near you.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Re: The Wonderful World of Queues : A San Diego Queue-mic Con TR presented by brand42

Wow you were right, that is a lot of people!

More please!

• "I Break Things"

Re: The Wonderful World of Queues : A San Diego Queue-mic Con TR presented by brand42

I have a bunch of friends who went and each one said the same thing... amazing... but too many people. I can remember YEARS ago when such conventions were a great deal smaller... before everything went mainstream. Thank you for the TR, at least someone was willing to brave the crowds for the rest of us.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Just got back from four days plus the preview night. I believe the attendence was in the 125,000 range as I recall (it sold out six months before). To sum it up, it's crazy.So much to do, so little time. It has grown exponentially in the last decade. They have started utilizing facilities in both the Marriott and the Hilton hotels that adjoin the center on either side. Word is that they have extended the contract with the SD Convention Center for another two years, which extends it to 2014.

• sleepy lagoon

Great start, Brand!! I look forward to the rest...

• Jack's Posse

Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I have a bunch of friends who went and each one said the same thing... amazing... but too many people. I can remember YEARS ago when such conventions were a great deal smaller... before everything went mainstream. Thank you for the TR, at least someone was willing to brave the crowds for the rest of us.
    There's going mainstream but they have taken it to whole new levels. There really isn't any reason why Angelina Jolie should be there to promote the Salt film. I think the film and tv aspects of the convention have contributed as much as anything. That third photo I posted in the first post was from the Warner Brothers display area and there was no way to get though that crowd at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo
    Wow you were right, that is a lot of people!

More please!
    Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves
    Great start, Brand!! I look forward to the rest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Skellington
    Nice!
    Thanks!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Day 1

Here is the hotel in downtown SD where I stayed for 2 nights

These were the room keys

This year they offered the option of registering in an off site location, the Town and Country hotel. It took me two connecting trolley rides but I thought it might be worth it as it would save me some time the next day.

Because everyone loves a great queue, they herded us all into the green room. It looks like everyone had the same idea that I did.

It took 50 minutes before I finally registered and received my badge for the next day. Had I just waited to complete the process the next morning at the convention center, it probably would have only taken 20 minutes if I got there early in the morning.

The Fashion Valley center was just across the street and since I did not have admission to Preview Night at the Queue Con, I decided to go take a look.

Look there's a Microsoft store

The Apple store a few stores down had maybe 3-4 times as many people inside.

Fashion Valley trolley station

Because I could not get into the convention for Preview Night, I decided to take a walk around the convention center.

Free tacos??? I'm there!

If I'm on Tony Gwynn Drive, that must mean I'm at Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres

Signs at the Convention Center trolley stop

A-ha!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Nice, Brand! Is there more?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Yes, plenty, plenty more. I didn't post any shots taken inside of the con yet.

• Waiting Since 1992

great beginning, looking forward to the rest! I think your TR ended up being the first one up?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    ahem... where is our yearly CB report??
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    ahem... where is our yearly CB report??
    For the time being, you will have to either settle for my vastly inferior version or not read any reports at all.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Keep it coming Brand. I wanta see some inside shots and the costumes....I remember something about a super cutie, Buzz plush holdin' cowgirl......

The SD convention center...i know it well. I have competed there so many times.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Lolo, you probably have a good idea then of how loud and crowded that con center can get. If everyone goes with their families and if they're families are half or even 2/3 the size of yours, that adds up to a lot of people. Definitely not a great place to try to talk on the phone!

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast