• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Aimster & Wonderpup's Epic Orlando Adventure Extravaganza-The Non-Theme Park Bits

You can see the Universal bits here:
    http://micechat.com/forums/universal...rsal-bits.html

And the Disney bits here:
    Aimster & Wonderpup's Epic Orlando Adventure Extravaganza-the Disney Bits

Ok let's go!

On the way to Orlando, Wonderpup & I had to make a quick stop in Lakeland to pick up some stuff I won from the Lakeland Flying Tigers (advanced Class A minor league team for the Detroit Tigers)

Finally at the hotel. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Palm Parkway. Nice hotel! They have a free hot breakfast buffet from 6:30am-9:30am with lots of choices (scrambled eggs, hot cinnamon rolls, muffins, bagels, cold cereal, biscuits, toast, waffles & fruit). I did breakfast twice there and it wasn't bad at all.

The room (we were on the 6th floor... had a balcony, plus a mini fridge & a microwave)

Taking a quick nap before heading to Downtown Disney

OMG! A Dunkin Donuts was just down the street from the hotel!

DAY TWO - INTERNATIONAL DRIVE SHENANIGANS

After breakfast, we went across the parking lot to MiceChat partner, Orlando Fun Tickets, to pick up my ticket to Universal for Saturday. Then it was onto International Drive! But first, we make a stop at the Orlando Premium Outlets.

OMG! Happy Donuts

Ok, now onto International Drive! First stop... Pointe Orlando!

Pointe Orlando used to be a great outdoor shopping plaza, but now it's a mere shell of its former self. There used to be a huge FAO Schwartz there, but it closed years ago, and several of the other shops have followed suit.

Pretty fountain

We found BB King's restaurant!

See how empty it is? I did find a awesome top at Armani Exchange though! Yay I finally own something Armani!

Next stop.... Festival Bay Mall!

Festival Bay Mall is a HUGE indoor mall that sadly didn't take off as people were hoping. Most of the shop spaces were never filled and most of the shops that did open there have closed. But it has a few bright spots, like:

Ron Jon Surf Shop

Bass Pro Shop

This is one SERIOUSLY messed up store

Radio Controlled Skunk?

Vans Skate Park

More ducks (they have a couple machines where you can buy duck food for 25 a handfull).

From there we went down the street to the Prime Outlets, which were ridiculously HUGE! I almost got lost in there! I thought the Prime Outlets were big (especially after the expansion that opened last year), but Prime has them beat! Wow!

And that's all for this part of the trip!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Aimster & Wonderpup's Epic Orlando Adventure Extravaganza-The Non-Theme Park Bits

Ooooo...donuts. My weakness. I could never be a superhero. All the villians would have to do is fling a donut, and I'd run off in pursuit of it. "sure. conquer the world! Got any more crullers?"

I remember that FAO. We went in search for it about 2 trips ago....and found that it had closed. Lil Stitchy was disappointed...but cheered up in World of DIsney.

More!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Aimster & Wonderpup's Epic Orlando Adventure Extravaganza-The Non-Theme Park Bits

Check out the other 2 threads I linked to at the top of my post for more!